The long term plans at MCFC

Blakefish80

Banned
Reaction score
Those of us who follow Man City closely and don't just believe the nonesense the media print know that the plans that Sheikh Mansour have for the future development of the club are staggering. I have found a blog written by a guy who seems to know more detail about The actual plans behind the scenes and i must say they are increadible.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-biggest-club-commercially-within-five-years

It always amuses me when fans laugh and Say "City are screwed when Uefa bring in the FFR" The fact is our owners plans are bigger than any of us dreamed of... Personaly i can't wait. Say what you like about Citys financial power but i am from the area which will directly benefit from Sheikh Mansours generosity. It is a very run down part of the country and the guy deserves a lot of praise for what he is doing.

A lot of this is obvious stuff to be honest, i would have been worried if they were not doing this, they have a lot of areas they can grow in finanically, but they still must work on their expenditure. IF they can get the balance right then city can grow no doubt, and it will be of a huge benefit to the city itself, god knows that area could use it.

Unlikely about the £1bn, but there is certainly plenty of promise, though the bleacher report is a bit of a one sided view. Though citys future is certainly not bleak as people make out, arguably far from it.

A lot of this is obvious stuff to be honest, i would have been worried if they were not doing this, they have a lot of areas they can grow in finanically, but they still must work on their expenditure. IF they can get the balance right then city can grow no doubt, and it will be of a huge benefit to the city itself, god knows that area could use it.

Unlikely about the £1bn, but there is certainly plenty of promise, though the bleacher report is a bit of a one sided view. Though citys future is certainly not bleak as people make out, arguably far from it.

Yeah i thought the author of that blog was a bit OTT. £1bn is a bit far fetched but there is huge steps being taken. As you say that paticular part of Manchester very much needs the investmant. Still it's exciting times at Eastlands mate.

I'm sure people will be grateful for the chance to abuse City without going off topic (A)

Exciting times for City though. As long as they plan for the future there's no reason why they can't be THE major force of world football for a long time.

Yeah i thought the author of that blog was a bit OTT. £1bn is a bit far fetched but there is huge steps being taken. As you say that paticular part of Manchester very much needs the investmant. Still it's exciting times at Eastlands mate.
agreed there. was talking to madridstacr7 about this. If city approach the FFP the right way, and not look for the shortcuts then the rules will actually benefit them in the long run. No debt, large self sustained revenue streams and a benefactor, better than the sheikh just throwing money at the club

agreed there. was talking to madridstacr7 about this. If city approach the FFP the right way, and not look for the shortcuts then the rules will actually benefit them in the long run. No debt, large self sustained revenue streams and a benefactor, better than the sheikh just throwing money at the club

We're Still City Mike. We will no doubt find a way to mess things up. That's a big part of my love for City XD

We're Still City Mike. We will no doubt find a way to mess things up. That's a big part of my love for City XD
you do have an amazing knack for snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory.

You may be noisy neighbours, but any united fan worth his/her salt will be keeping one eye on the goings on over there

you do have an amazing knack for snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory.

You may be noisy neighbours, but any united fan worth his/her salt will be keeping one eye on the goings on over there

All things in life go in cycles Mike. Football is no different. For the first 65 years of professional football in Manchester City were the bigger club. Uniteds Success has has made them not only the biggest club in Manchester but arguably the world. Perhaps now the balance is once again evening out.

Both our clubs are at a crossroads. Uniteds probably more important than Citys in the long term.

All things in life go in cycles Mike. Football is no different. For the first 65 years of professional football in Manchester City were the bigger club. Uniteds Success has has made them not only the biggest club in Manchester but arguably the world. Perhaps now the balance is once again evening out.

Both our clubs are at a crossroads. Uniteds probably more important than Citys in the long term.
Ours depends on the Glazers, the joke is we dont need a benefactor, if the debt was lifted few sides could match us in the market, moreso under FFP. Keeping an eye of the Qatari group, I dont believe anything the papers say they they tried to buy the club, thats nonsense; but they are certainly up to something. The future is certainly going to be interesting right across manchester

The fact is our owners plans are bigger than any of us dreamed of... Personaly i can't wait. Say what you like about Citys financial power but i am from the area which will directly benefit from Sheikh Mansours generosity. It is a very run down part of the country and the guy deserves a lot of praise for what he is doing.

And here is the person who hates Chinese chinks, Indian Mumbaikars, supporting teams in the league, but love to squeeze Arab Sheik's money.

Read the article, an interesting read but it is thoroughly biased, would like to see some sources for it as well.

City do have potential but the board must bare in mind that the biggest teams in Europe have built their reputations over a very long period of time (Arsenal since the 1930s, Man Utd since the 50s, Liverpool since the 70s, Real Madrid since the 50s etc) so City aren't going to overnight become a member of the elite, it will take time.

Im a Manchester United fan, their is no doubt city are going to be successful, look at their team it is very promising.

They should be fine and a force to be reckoned with in football for a long time to come if they actually do things right and not look for the quick fixes.

They need:
-Success and quickly. CL football this season is a necessity, and a cup win to help build a winning brand image.
-Strong marketing links in foreign markets, particularly tapping into the Arabian market.
-A better style of football. Expanding into the Asian markets, they'll most likely only see a few of the big games a year. Ten men behind the ball away at the emirates is not going to be an enjoyable thing for those foreigners to watch and support.
-Youth development.

Most of those were probably touched on in the article, but as GC said, it's by a City supporter, and the last article and probably horribly biased. The last one I read like that was just a City supporter basically saying "STFU WERE FINE STOP BEING JEALOUS!!1!" and I couldn't be bothered reading that again. :p

man cty = scum

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

man city = scum