I'll not want,
He makes me down,
To lie.
In pastures green,
He leadeth me,
The quiet waters by.

west-brom-logo.jpg

Roy Hodgson Retires

West Bromwich Albion manager, Roy Hodgson, has retired from football ahead of the 2011-12 season. The manager arrived at the club in February following the dismissal of Roberto di Matteo and led the club to 11th in the Barclays Premier League, the clubs best finish since the early 80s. The club's fans have been left in disarray and are wondering who will take over at the helm of their beloved club. Paul Lambert, Brendan Rogers and Michael Appleton are forerunners for the job but club legend, Cyrille Regis is favourite. Regis stood in as Caretaker manager on two occasions before and after Brian Little's reign as manager and made 237 league appearances for the club.

regis.jpg

Former Baggie, Cyrille Regis, remains favourites with the bookies at 4/1

Last edited:
I'm following!
West Brom are one of my favorite teams, I've seen them play quite a few times.
COYB!

Last edited:
west-brom-logo.jpg

Regis Unveiled as Baggies Boss

West Bromwich Albion have today announced that Cyrille Regis will become the new manager of the club, replacing Roy Hodgson at the Black Country club. Regis spent most of his playing career at the Baggies and has had two spells as caretaker manager. West Brom fans have expressed their joy at the appointment of Regis as manager, and the club legend has stated his elation with being trusted with the role. "Me and Jeremy Peace had very constructive talks and we share a similar ambition for the club. Having come 11th last season, I want to reconstruct Albion as one of the biggest teams in England and there is a good long term project going on here at the club."

Regis has signed a two-year contract at the Hawthorns. West Brom had been hotly linked to Paul Lambert to take over, but the prestige of a club legend becoming manager made it an easy decision.

cyrille-regis-479633381.jpg

Regis never won a trophy as a player, could he change that as a manager?

As a West Brom Fan, im following, may even use a few ideas from it for my own if you dont mind

west-brom-logo.jpg

West Brom Snap Up Ruben Yttergard Jenssen

Cyrille Regis has made his first dip into the transfer market as a manager and has signed up Norweigen midfielder, Ruben Yttergard Jenssen. The man with the big name joins for a fee of £1m with rumours circulating about Paul Scharner's future at the club. Yttergard Jenssen has told the Express & Star his joy for joining a club in the world's biggest league. The 23 year old has made 7 caps for Norway and Cyrille Regis has stated that the midfielder has real potential, having been wanted by Napoli and Bayer Leverkusen.

1649219_w2.jpg

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen becomes Cyrille Regis' first signing at West Bromwich Albion

Pre-Season Fixtures Announced

preseason.png

Real Madrid will travel to the West Midlands before the season kicks off in West Brom's pre-season fixtures. St. Etienne and Braga will also play at The Hawthorns. The Baggies will travel to Scotland to play Stirling Albion and a short tour of France to play USBCO and AS Cannes. West Brom's first game of the season is against Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League.

As a West Brom Fan, im following, may even use a few ideas from it for my own if you dont mind

Nice to see I'm finding other Albion fans on this site :) Yeah I haven't really managed them on FM2012 before, just looking at what players want to come to the Black Country haha :)

as a pompey fan west brom are one of my favourite prem teams im following good luck

west-brom-logo.jpg

Paul Scharner Joins Napoli for £2m

West Bromwich Albion has parted company with Paul Scharner after one season at the club. The big midfielder enjoyed a good season at Albion last time around scoring 4 goals as the club finished mid-table, but has now left for Italian club, Napoli.

Scharner leaves after the arrival of Ruben Yttergard Jenssen and the Baggies are reportedly in the market for a centre-back and striker before the window shuts next month. West Brom picked up £2m from Napoli, who previously bidded for Yttergard Jenssen, but decided to opt for Scharner as West Brom gained a midfielder. Fans were upset at losing one of their beloved players from the previous campaign, but are happy with the £2m profit from the transfer as he arrived on a free transfer.

In other transfer news Craig Dawson has joined Blackpool on a season-long deal for £425k.

sunderland1.jpg

The Austrian made 33 league appearances last time around.

GOOD START BUT I'M ACTUALLY A FAN OF SCHARNER BUT YOUR TRYING TO GET AS MUCH FUNDS AS YOU CAN TO GET YOUR PLAYERS IN ANYWAY GOODLUCK AND WHO ARE YOUR TRANSFER TARGETS

look into the reserves too, i'd suggest selling the most valuble or high earning players in the reserves or that arnt in your plans, easy way to get funds, and my mate was managing norwich, and west brom got into uefa cup by winning league cup

Do people not rate Dawson on here? I think he's quite a good youngster.

Anyway keep it up. Look forward to seeing what other transfers can be brought in. What funds did you start with?

Started with £4m, I do rate Dawson on here and in real life, but £475k for a season long loan is a win-win for Albion. If you think about it thats half of what I paid for Yttergard Jenssen and Dawson is getting first team experience.

west-brom-logo.jpg

Regis Makes Olsson Captain

Cyrille Regis has selected Jonas Olsson to be the man who will lead his team out for the next season. The Swedish centre back joined West Brom in 2008 from NEC and scored one goal last season against the clubs rivals, Birmingham City. Chris Brunt has been chosen as vice-captain after Olssons promotion following the departure of Scott Carson over the summer.

JonasOlsson_1487377a.jpg

The big Swede has been a fan favourite since he joined in 2008

west-brom-logo.jpg

Baggies Snap-Up Youngsters

West Bromwich Albion have announced two signings today as Erick Torres and Loic Nestor join the Black Country club. 18 year old Torres arrives from Chivas for a deal worth £3.4m and Loic Nestor joins the Baggies from Havre AC for a deal worth £1.3m.

Erick Torres has scored 6 goals in 21 games over two seasons in the Chivas Guadalajara first team and has been labelled as the new 'Javier Hernandez' as many European clubs were looking to sign the young Mexican striker.

22 year old Loic Nestor has already made 78 league appearances for Havre AC in France, scoring 6 goals from defence. The French-man will wear the number 4 shirt next season, with Torres being trusted with number 10.

Erick-Torres.jpg

Cyrille Regis has tipped Torres to be one of the worlds best players in the future

We'll score when we want,
We'll score when we want.
We are the Albion,
We'll score when we want.

west-brom-logo.jpg

Pre-Season Review 2011

preseasonfin.png

There was goals-galore in West Bromwich Albion's pre-season fixtures, the Baggies never failed to net less than 3 goals and the case was the same when there was a sell-out crowd to watch Real Madrid at the Hawthorns.

Game of the Pre-Season

wba3-0madrid.png

Yes, that 5-5 with AS Cannes was an epic game, but you cannot rule out a 3-0 win over a full-strength Real Madrid side to be the best game of the pre-season.

Cyrille Regis' side looked like a side intent on playing the game their way and the partnership created on the left wing by Liam Ridgwell and Jerome Thomas was one that Jose Mourinho's defence failed to cope with. Thomas got himself two first half goals and an own goal by Nacho gave Albion a 3-0 win. Erick Torres and Loic Nestor made their debuts in the game as they came off the bench and Torres played a major part in Nacho's own goal to ensure Albion humiliated the so-called 'Galacticos'.

Player of the Pre-Season

Shane Long

Shane+Long+West+Bromwich+Albion+Training+Press+NXB3JFx1Jfcl.jpg

10 goals including two hat-tricks. The new signing seems to be fitting in well with the squad.

I'll be following mate as a fellow baggie :D great signings by the way mate ;). great result against real madrid.

I'm following mate, I'm a wolves fan though, go home and away too! Was at the Hawthorns for the 2-0 loss and at Molineux for when you done us 5-1!

Reading this makes me want to start a Wolves story!