Thanks mate, looks a solid tactic and ill give that a whack now.

Let me know how you get on. Incidentally, this is my team using the Clough tactic. I implemented it just before the JPT 2nd round against Barnet. I think my results speak for themselves (although I have had a couple of losses, they haven't been severe and the players are still getting used to it):

picture.php

Last edited:
I shall post Februarys results soon, 4 of which will be using those tactics

Very good tactic mate, thanks for the heads up. Just going into my first game now

problem is that a defensive tactic may cost him to win games, I mean it's not like he has something to lose with 30 pts reduction, team isn't thta good in my game they're like 10 in BSP, a good team but not L2 side. Not competitive at least.

well done bigal im confident you can walk away with at least a 16th place finish and prepare for next season for the promotion bid.

I'm extremely impressed nurse if you've taken Boro to League one without cheats some affair you must of had with them to stick them out.

problem is that a defensive tactic may cost him to win games, I mean it's not like he has something to lose with 30 pts reduction, team isn't thta good in my game they're like 10 in BSP, a good team but not L2 side. Not competitive at least.

The one I've got isn't a defensive tactic. Its actually quite attacking. Its just that it is a slow and methodical attacking tactic

Well im just going to say before Februarys results; GREAT TACTIC!
Now here we go...
Brentford 1-0 Luton Town
Port Vale 2-1 Luton Town (Emmanuel)
Luton Town 2-1 Morecambe (Jutkiewicz, O.G)
Luton Town 2-1 Exeter (Craddock 2)
Grimsby 1-3 Luton Town (Parkin, Craddock 2)

League Position: 22nd
Without Deduction: 13th
Well we're out of the relegation zone! After a run of 3 straight wins I have guided us to safety (for now). Our team drastically improved after changing tactics, we've pretty much stopped conceding goals now so my aim now is for a top 15 finish. However i won't be able to get anyone good as my team has as good a reputation as the Nazis so i wont be able to attract anyone decent, especially seeing as my scouts clearly haven't been hired for any decent reason.
March results to be posted shortly.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:00 PM ----------

RIGHT. Update time. I haven't played anymore matches yet but I think a brief summary of the season so far is needed:) Basically the season started quite well catching Bournemouth pretty quickly but never really established that 23rd place until the middle of January. Things then hit a little blip and I felt my team weren't fulfilling their potential. So as brilliantly recommended (thanks Nursemorph), I incorporated the Brian Clough tactic and since then we haven't looked down. We lost and drew our first two game with the tactics, but since then we've won our last three and are now out of the relegation zone come the start of March.
All i can say now, as long as we aren't careless, league 2 survival is all but secure, without the deduction we would have been 13th at this stage so it shows we have had relatively solid form throughout the season. So to summarise, bring on next season! Unfortunately Lucas Jutkiewicz will leave us at the end of the season so I'll have to bring in a proven striker to guide us to league 1:) The main aim I want to complete as Luton manager is to be in the premiership within 7 seasons, and so far based on these first 6 months, Im enjoying life at Luton and that aim doesn't seem too far away.

Will do, shall post update shortly. Relegation is now looking out of the question so with any luck I can make a push for 17/18th place. Because 15th is 20 points ahead with 13 games to play :|

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Right its now the March update time:
Luton Town 1-1 Barnet (Gilbert)
Gillingham 2-1 Luton Town (Craddock)
Luton Town 2-1 Aldershot (Craddock 2)
Shrewsbury 4-1 Luton Town (Craddock)
Luton Town 0-0 Chesterfield
Bradford 3-0 Luton Town
Luton Town 2-2 Wycombe (Craddock, Soley)

Without Deduction: 14th
Basically this month summed up our season, no consistency at all and no real momentum. Tom Craddock seems to have found his shooting boots and is now the 5th top scorer in the league. However its a shame my other strikers couldn't score in a brothel. Oh well lets look at the positives; We are 6 points ahead of Macclesfield with 5 to play so survival is looking extremely likely but I won't let my players know that yet to avoid complacency. But my mindset is slowly moving towards next season and towards that promotion push. And after this season I have realised that I need to invest in a striker, a left and right midfielder and a goalkeeper. But with probably £0 to spend, I don't think that will be much fun.
Will update at the end of the season with screenshots.

Last edited:
The season has now finished and here is how everything went in that month of May...
Luton Town 0-0 Notts County
Rochdale 2-1 Luton Town (Parkin)
Macclesfield 3-4 Luton Town (Parkin 3, Chester)
Luton Town 1-2 Dagenham&Redbridge (Craddock)
Rotherham 1-1 Luton Town (Chester)

Without Deduction: 15th
Well this was my first attempt at LLM so all in all I'm very happy with how the season went. We were mathematically safe after the Macclesfield game so I decided to holiday my last 2 games which I can safely say I won't be doing again as my assistant is a clown. I have also concluded I need to invest in a keeper.
So now heading into the transfer window I need to buy a ST, MR, ML, GK, CB. And with having the board tell me they wanted me to achieve promotion, I recieved £0 to spend and an even lower wage budget this season of £24k p/w, I'm going to need some help to spot some bargains.
Summer transfer dealings to come shortly along with pre-season results.

After being informed that my transfer budget was £0, I anticipated a long and ultimately painful summer, however we scoured the market and managed to bring in:
Ins:
Federico Macheda, Loan
Henri Lansbury, Loan
Gavin Hoyte, Loan
Andy Van Der Meyde, £0
John Welsh, £0

Outs:
Sol Davis, £0
Ian Roper, £0
Keith Keane, £50k
Drew Talbot, £4k
Paul McVeigh, £0

You got some good signings in there mate. Should do well in League 2

Hmm I sure do hope so, since that post I've also brought in Adam Bogdan(loan) for a decent keeper between the sticks. And also Paul Huntingdon(Free) for some stability at the back.

keep it up bigal, have u tried malcom christie as a replacement for Jutkiewicz?

I wont be playing again tonight so i might as well post my 2 competitive results so far.
Luton Town 3-1 Exeter City Craddock 2, Huntingdon
Colchester 4-1 Luton Town(League Cup) Craddock

League Position: 2nd
Well we're 2nd but only 1 league game gone, hopefully its a sign of things to come though. The new transfers and loanees are gelling well so this season could and should be a successful one. We have the squad talent to do so, so with any luck we'll be fighting in League 1 next season.
Other August results to be posted at some point tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:59 PM ----------

Media Prediction: 7th With the signings, I felt this was a very realistic target.
Right here are the results for the rest of August and September:
Luton Town 0-1 Darlington
Wycombe 1-3 Luton Town Nicholls, Welsh, Craddock
A.Stanley 0-1 Luton Town Macheda
Luton Town 3-0 Brighton(JPT) Macheda 2, Van Der Meyde
Aldershot 0-0 Luton Town
Luton Town 2-0 Tranmere Macheda, Soley
Chesterfield 0-2 Luton Town Morgan, Lansbury
Luton Town 1-0 Bristol Rovers Lansbury

League Position: 1st, P8 W6 D1 L1 PTS:19
So far a cracking start to the season and we have surpassed all expectations. After the league cup and the Darlington defeats we needed something to restore confidence and the 3-1 win away to Wycombe did just that. Recently Federico Macheda has found his shooting boots and hopefully he can fire us to promotion in the hope that we could perhaps renew these loan deals or even better maybe sign them up on proper contracts for Luton town.
Best bit: Beating Wycombe 3-1 to restore some confidence.
Best result: Beating Brighton(in League 2) 3-0 in the JPT.
Worst result: Losing at home to lowly Darlington 1-0
Best player: Federico Macheda with 4 goals in his last 6.
Will update October shortly.

im goin to start a luton 9.3 game, bigal24, was it hard because im the kind of person if it aint going for me then i'll quit it lol but im goin to change lol im goin to stick it out.:)

Its quite hard in the first half of the season, but when you get going its fine. Hence why im top so far after 8 games in my 2nd season. I do recommend using the 'JP Woody Brian Clough' tactics as they have helped me a lot.
And when you get a parent club, (you should get arsenal) you should get a few loanees, and also i would say to get two players: Seyfo Soley and Stephen Appiah because both can be got on free transfers.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

October 2009:
Dagenham&Redbridge 1-2 Luton Town welsh nicholls<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Luton Town 2-3 Gillingham(JPT) Pilkington, Huntingdon<o:p></o:p>
Chester 0-1 Luton Town Craddock<o:p></o:p>
Luton Town 1-1 Barnet Morgan<o:p></o:p>
Luton Town 2-1 Grimsby Morgan Craddock<o:p></o:p>
Morecambe 2-1 Luton Town Morgan<o:p></o:p>
Luton Town 2-0 Port Vale Morgan 2<o:p></o:p>
Luton Town3-0 Kettering Craddock, Lansbury, Van Der Meyde<o:p></o:p>
League Position: 1st, P15 W11 D2 L2 PTS:35
This was a cracking month which has seen us extend our lead at the top of the table to 6 points. Also a month in which Dean Morgan has pulled his finger out and started banging in the goals in place of the injured Federico Macheda. And this has been a turning point for us as it has proved to the rest of the league, and more importantly me, that we do have strength in depth and are a force to be reckoned with this season.
Best Bit: Dean Morgan coming of age
Best result: The 1-0 win away at Chester which showed everyone our never say die attitude and restored confidence in ourselves after the JPT defeat.
Worst result: The 2-1 defeat at Morecambe in which we really should have won.
Best player: Dean Morgan. The lad scored for fun this month and 'delighted the fans many times with his impact in matches'.
November to be posted tomorrow afternoon when the good TV programs have finished. :p

thanks alot m8 for the recommendations, by the way ive got seyfo soley, he's a r8 player. and also ive got brian clough's tactics by jp woody.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

bigal24, im trying to find a keeper for luton, who should i buy cus dean brill is not very good.