The Magpies are flyin' high once again

NUFCSean

Reaction score
I'm gonna start a new story using my Newcastle save, since my Fiorentina save corrupted. Im in 2010 and I'm aiming for the Premiership on my fifth attempt.

Past league standings and my squad

10th November 2010 - Agonising penalty defeat for Newcastle

Liverpool 1 - 1 Newcastle (Carling Cup 4th Rnd.)

Newcastle's hopes of lifting the League Cup for the first time in the club's history were shattered for another year by Liverpool in a tightly contested penalty shoot-out.

Talismanic Dutch striker Klaas Jan-Huntelaar gave Hutchinson's team an early lead, taking Distel Zola's perfectly weighted ball in his stride before calmly placing past the outstretched Pepe Reina.

Newcastle dominated after that, creating no less than 5 chances, unfortunately they couldn't finish them.

Then in the 39th minute, after some terrible defending by wing back Drenthe, Liverpool levelled the game through Spanish front man Fernando Torres.

This is how the game stayed until the very last minute.

In the shoot-out both teams scored all five of their initial five spot kicks, however, in sudden death, Magpies skipper Steven Taylor sliced his kick wide, leaving Peter Crouch to score the winner for Liverpool.

Sean Hutchinson said after the match that had his team taken their chances in the first half, they may just have gone on to win the cup that has eluded them for so many years.

Nice team but poor tactic i think, no-one is on te wings, i hope this changes though when Guardado is fit as he makes a perfect AML.

Nice team but poor tactic i think, no-one is on te wings, i hope this changes though when Guardado is fit as he makes a perfect AML.

i'm only playin wing backs cos guardado is injured. when he gets back its gonna be either 4-4-2 or 3-4-3, havent decided which yet :p

13th November 2010 - Samba star sinks Toffees

Newcastle 3 - 1 Everton (Premiership)

Many were shocked when Newcastle's Brazilian wonderkid Alexandre Pato was not named man of the match after scoring a sublime brace and then setting up debutant Millan to score in his first game for the Magpies.

Pato's first came just after the half hour mark as he skipped past two defenders before sliding it under 'keeper Barreto. He had to wait 50 minutes for his second, a simple tap in after a move which he started, that included 6 different players and 18 passes.

6 minutes later Pato played a inch-perfect through ball to substitute Nicolas Millan, who obliged by taking the ball around the keeper and finishing from a tight angle.

Hutchinson's men have now gone 10 league games unbeaten and look to be pushing the league favourites right to the wire this year.

Could you put up a screenshot of Pato's stats a I've never seen them as far into a game as this and want to see how much better he is later on in the game

Could you put up a screenshot of Pato's stats a I've never seen them as far into a game as this and want to see how much better he is later on in the game

here ya go mate. he's still only 21 so he will no doubt improve a lot more ;)

20th November 2010 - Magpies win once again to maintain unbeaten record

Bolton 1 - 3 Newcastle (Premiership)

On-form Newcastle may have won this match, but they have 2 Bolton players to thank for their victory.

The opening goal came after just 5 minutes, Billy Jones heading it straight past Jaaskelainen into his own goal from a Micah Richards cross.

Brazilian midfielder Leandro Lima put Newcastle 2 up 20 minutes later by scoring a superb individual effort from 25 yards.

It went from bad to worse for Bolton 10 minutes later, when former Sunderland winger Tobias Hysen's backpass eluded his 'keeper and trickled over the line before the big Finn could stop it.

Kevin Nolan got a consolation for the Trotters after the break, but he couldn't stop the Magpies from going on to claim their 10th league victory of the season.

edit: the manage attatchments isn't working so i cant post the match and league table up. :S

23rd November 2010 - Pato steals the show once again

Newcastle 5 - 2 Sporting CP (Champions League Group Stage)

Brazilian international striker Alexandre Pato has done it again for Newcastle. He scored two well taken goals, and still managed to lay on 2 more for his strike partner Klaas Jan-Huntelaar.

Fellow Brazilian Liedson pulled two back for Sporting, however young centre-back Leo Schwechlen headed in a Distel Zola corner to wrap up the win for Newcastle.

Boss Hutchinson said "The lads went out and did me proud here today. We've now shown we can compete at the highest level and I think we could go on to be a big force in the latter stages of the competition."

me thinks you stole my headline :p,

im doing this from a internet cafe btw

wow , your pato are way better than my save's pato , i was trying to sign him to strengthening my frontline .. anyway .. your tactics are big different with mine , i am more traditional styles..haha :D