The Managerial Challenge. FIRST CHALLENGE UP!

The first challenge takes us to the Norwegian League, hopefully somewhere new for everyone and a different aspect to managing for most.

2vsq89c.gif

Team: Aalesunds FK
League: Norwegian Premier Division

Aalesunds Fotballklubb ("Aalesund's Football Club") is a Norwegian football club from the city of Ålesund, founded on 25 June 1914. Aalesunds F.K. played their home matches at Kråmyra Stadium until the 2005 season, when they relocated to the new Color Line Stadium with an approximate capacity of 11,000 people. Boosted by the new stadium, recent success and general increasing attendance in Norway, Aalesund has gone from attracting crowds of approximately 1,000 to regularly selling out their stadium.

In 2009 the club won the Norwegian Cup for the first time in its history. They beat rival Molde FK in the Final, and thereby qualified for participation in the UEFA Europa League. This will be your first challenge.

Points System

* 100 - Europa League Winner (75 Runner-Up, 60 Semi-Final, 50 Quarter Final, 40 Knockout Stages, 20 Group Stages)
* 30 – Winning the Norwegian Premier Division.
* 20 – Norwegian Cup Winners.
* 5 – For every place above 11th Position.
* 10 - Manager of the Year.
* 10 - For having a player in the Team of the Year.
* 10 - One of your players is top scorer in the League.
* 10 - For conceding the least amount of goals in the League.
* 10 – For scoring the most goals in the League.
* 10 – For every point gained in the Europa Group Stage.

As you can see, points in the premier division are not in abundance and with a media prediction of 13th, it will be hard to achieve these points, therefore the key to points here is within the Europa League.
(Please note, in future, negative points will be added to the points system).

Challenge Specific Rules

Leagues to load: Norwegian Second, First and Premier Divisions only. (The League starts in January, ensure you start in 2010).

Past Experience: Professional.

You can NOT purchase players using the 12, 24, 36, 48 month instalment function. (All money must be paid up front)

Obviously, software packages (FMRTE, Genie Scout, Etc.) are NOT to be used, however I am not able to monitor these, so I trust you to keep the game fun for everyone.

Challenge Specific Screenshots

For any challenge you complete, i need to see a screenshot for proof. With every entry, I will need to see your transfers for that season. (Completed Europa League Table will be fine for the points)

Please note, submit all your screenshots at the end of the season in the same post, this makes it easier for me to track your progress.

All entries must be submitted in this thread by 16.00 GMT on the 17th of January.

Good Luck. Any problems, post in this thread, I will check it when I can.

You may use this thread to discuss your progress with other players.

Last edited:
will have a go

I have only ever started a game unemployed or in england and only ever managed 2 teams outside of england so i doubt ill do to well

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I take it we are using the 11.2 update

can i joi and ca you write my name down so i know that i am aking part thanks :D

Starting this challenge now, looks good.

Edit- Do we start in January 2010, or January 2011?

Last edited:
Count me in too! Will give it a try. Doubt I'll do well though. My experience is mostly national teams.

can i join too. nice change from the normal english leagues - looking forward to it :)

can i join too. nice change from the normal english leagues - looking forward to it :)

Yeah, i'll add you in.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Not a bad side actually, could do with a left back and striker though.

Okay bud. I suggest this guy:

n6f1xf.png

Not too bad and free too, downside is you don't get him until August though.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I did not see if there is a limited number of saves..

No, this is because people may only be able to play for a limited amount of time, however saving before every game is just sad and boring, ruins the whole fun of the game..
I may request to see a screen-shot of the amount of saves used, and may remove you if need be.

Last edited:
Needs a striker and a Left Back. Otherwise pretty good squad. Predictions make you downhearted though.

No, this is because people may only be able to play for a limited amount of time, however saving before every game is just sad and boring, ruins the whole fun of the game..
I may request to see a screen-shot of the amount of saves used, and may remove you if need be.

Can i save evry 4 games because my cooling fan on my laptop is broke and it keeps overheating?