The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 232K
.....Also this move must mean striker and Haaland talks are continuing well.

Equally, it wouldn’t be a surprise at all if they signed no CF this summer the way the teams evolved to play without one. No coincidence Jesus has spent the majority of the year on the bench.

Thats bern Augero’s biggest problem since returning from injury. The team is not the one he was playing in pre-injury and he looks totally lost and no longer fits as they are now attuned to not playing with an out-and-out #9.

I would have Haaland ending up at City. Just not necessarily this summer given the current evolution thats working so well for Guardiola.

Equally, it wouldn’t be a surprise at all if they signed no CF this summer the way the teams evolved to play without one. No coincidence Jesus has spent the majority of the year on the bench.

Thats bern Augero’s biggest problem since returning from injury. The team is not the one he was playing in pre-injury and he looks totally lost and no longer fits as they are now attuned to not playing with an out-and-out #9.

I would have Haaland ending up at City. Just not necessarily this summer given the current evolution thats working so well for Guardiola.
Out of 34 games Jesus was available, he spent 4 games on the bench. Or 69.8 minutes per game. In 16 games he played full 90 minutes. In 7 games he was used as a substitute.

Out of 34 games Jesus was available, he spent 4 games on the bench. Or 69.8 minutes per game. In 16 games he played full 90 minutes. In 7 games he was used as a substitute.

11 games on the bench then. Less than I thought but still nigh on a third.

Plays into a big shift in style at City this year to playkng without an out-and-out number 9.

From what Sammy Lee was saying in a podcast with Ornstien and Honnegstien yesterday. City are looking at being clever in the market and don’t think Haaland is the top of there list for a str

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Mino Raiola to The Athletic: “I don’t give a f*ck if I never do another player with Man Utd or Man City. I’m not in their hands. I’m independent. Guardiola? I’ve closed the book a long time ago on him. Everybody knows what I think of him personally; he can say what he thinks for me personally”.

🔴

Could be, Jesus played few games on the wing as well. Looks like Pep is bringing back false 9.

False 9 was just the best solution to the problem, Bernardo thrives in the RCM, Gundo in the LCM, made sense to play Kev there. An option we'll always have but we'd can easy revert to a striker if needed., even Haaland drifts alot off the left (which suits Kev/Bernardo/Cancelo in the right half space)

All stories indicate they'll go all in this summer, and smash records to set up the team for the next generation in the cycle and get a step ahead... Gonna be fun

View attachment 547781
Can see Haaland staying a year like Ducker says as City don’t wanna deal with a stubborn Dortmund and Riola who will likely want a release clause in again. And I can’t see City spending 80£m on Grealish and then another 50£m on Mendes. I can see City going for alternative STR like Lataro Martinez who is on the list with Lukaku and Kane.

Can see Haaland staying a year like Ducker says as City don’t wanna deal with a stubborn Dortmund and Riola who will likely want a release clause in again. And I can’t see City spending 80£m on Grealish and then another 50£m on Mendes. I can see City going for alternative STR like Lataro Martinez who is on the list with Lukaku and Kane.
You're stating that Dortmund is stubborn, but Inter and Tottenham won't be? Either way, for these top strikers, it will be an extremely difficult market. Also, isn't Messi still part of the equation? OR did he sign a new contract?

Gaughan & Hirst have us not giving a ****, and going for both. We've no problem with Dortmund or Riola (hes still a **** though).

Messi will have to indicate he wants to move, they will press ahead with plans regardless and make that offer if its needed.

You're stating that Dortmund is stubborn, but Inter and Tottenham won't be? Either way, for these top strikers, it will be an extremely difficult market. Also, isn't Messi still part of the equation? OR did he sign a new contract?
Martinez contract expires next summer so could be an easy and cheaper option. Barca were quoted 70/80m last summer. I really can’t see any 100m 100m+ signings this summer.

Pep Guardiola: "We have enough players in the first team now and very interesting players in the academy. With the economy in world football now, we're not going to sign a striker this season..." [via @DanMurphyMEN]

Pep Guardiola on replacing Sergio Aguero: "There's a chance we are not going to sign a striker...” [via @jonnysmiffy]

If reports out of Spain about the meetings with Madrid and Barca today are true about what Riola and his farther and Haaland want then no clubs paying that. Plus his transfer fee on top!

If reports out of Spain about the meetings with Madrid and Barca today are true about what Riola and his farther and Haaland want then no clubs paying that. Plus his transfer fee on top!
This is where scouting and coaching come into play. Find or produce the next Haaland. Same reason united walked away from Sancho and rightly so this summer. The fees are astronomical in today's climate.