The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 232K
No,i mean how he used to play. Hes not been playing very well for man city.

Barca deny City bid for Messi, Barca chief pours cold water on talk of failed City swoop for striker

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has rejected rumours that Manchester City made an audacious bid for superstar Lionel Messi during the latest transfer window.

Reports in Spain suggested big-spending City had tabled €50million plus striker Mario Balotelli to bring Argentina ace Messi to the Etihad Stadium but Barca had rejected the bid.

However, Bartomeu insists no such offer was made.

He told Sport: "Our policy is not to sell our stars but on this subject it certainly did not (happen)."

Meanwhile, Bartomeu made no guarantees over the future of Barca coach Pep Guardiola but hopes the Spaniard will stay on at Camp Nou.

The Barca chief added: "The decision lies with Pep but we hope to go on with him on the bench."

Barca deny City bid for Messi | Football News | Sky Sports

Big news, this. Makes the signing of Fabregas even more pointless if Barca want Guardiola coming on as well.

Manchester City board hold crisis talks over Garry Cook's future

• Manchester City CEO Garry Cook in cancer email furore
• Controversy over message sent to Nedum Onuoha's mother

Garry-Cook-007.jpg

Manchester City's chief executive, Garry Cook, claims his email account was hacked. Photograph: Michael Regan/Getty Images

Manchester City were on Monday night holding top-level talks to consider Garry Cook's position after the offensive email that has prompted senior figures in Abu Dhabi to demand an explanation from the chief executive.
City have consulted their legal department as the controversy intensifies, with the growing sense that the club's owner, Sheikh Mansour, and chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, are not willing to tolerate what has happened and are considering all options.
After a day of near-silence from Eastlands City released a brief statement last night, more than 24 hours since being informed of the Sun's intention to run a story about Nedum Onuoha's mother having received an email mocking her fight against cancer. "The club can confirm that a board-led review has been launched into the matter," the statement said.

Dr Anthonia Onuoha, who also works as her son's agent, had notified Cook and the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood, during previous correspondence that she was "ravaged" with cancer. She was then copied into an email which had been sent from Cook's account to Marwood. It was addressed "Brian" and stated: "Ravaged with it!!........I don't know how you sleep at night. You used to be such a nice man when I worked with you at Nike. G"
The email was sent 11 months ago from an iPad but it is only now that Dr Onuoha has been persuaded to publicise it. Nonetheless it is threatening to have serious ramifications for a man who earns £1.8m a year at Eastlands and has played a significant part in the club's transition under the Abu Dhabi United Group's ownership.

Cook denied responsibility when Dr Onuoha let him know she had received the "insightful email" and went on to claim that his account had been hacked and that an internal inquiry had been opened. He said the culprit had been identified and disciplinary proceedings had begun.

Sheikh Mansour and Mubarak want to know if he is sticking by that story and if it can be corroborated. Sensitive to any kind of bad publicity, they have remained behind Cook during previous controversies but regard this one as by far the most damaging and serious.
The investigative process was held up because Cook is in Portland, Oregon, visiting his wife and children. Various City officials believe Cook to be in a vulnerable position even though he has previously had a strong relationship with the men who have turned City into the most financially powerful club in the world.

Cook will at least be spared any disciplinary action from the Football Association and the Premier League, both of whom are reluctant to get involved despite Dr Onuoha asking them to take action.
She said: "The illness is very stressful. I'm having chemotherapy and radiotherapy and this year has been traumatic. I didn't want anybody adding to my stress but that is what they've done.

"The feeling of humiliation still persists," she added. "Now I just want the FA and the Premier League to see what's happened and to take the appropriate action. Treating people like this is completely abominable."
Cook had apologised for "any hurt or embarrassment this may have caused" and reputedly told Dr Onuoha: "I cannot and will not condone this unacceptable behaviour. Brian did not receive this email and disciplinary action is under way regarding one of our employees."

Onuoha, a 24-year-old defender who came through the club's academy, has been told he does not figure in the plans of the City manager, Roberto Mancini. A loan move had been arranged to Everton but fell through because City refused to pay any part of his £38,000-a-week salary.

Onuoha has links with Kia Joorabchian, the controversial businessman who represents Carlos Tevez and who once counted among Cook's allies. The two men have since fallen out and City were so dismayed when they found out Onuoha had become involved with Joorabchian they are understood to have notified the FA on the basis that he does not own a Fifa licence to work as an agent.

He's a classy man. A wonderful role model for anyone to aspire to.

Oh that Garry, reminds me of Gilbert from The Inbetweeners.

If Cook is quilty, boot him. he has made a **** of himself plenty of times.

And hopefully they get rid of Onuoha aswell. Links with Kia? What a ****.

Last edited:
Kia Joorabchian clearly has his finger in this PR pie.

No doubt about it, he's trying to get Cook dismissed to clear the way for a director more 'understanding' to Carlos' position.

Alot of misdirection about City and the way they let Adebayor/Cruz go out on loan, Spurs are in fact paying 80% of Adebayor's wages and Santa Cruz's wage contribution by City is 40%.

Point being Cook isn't that much of an idiot in terms of negotiating, but clearly he's a liability and the Sheikh needs to show him the door. Plenty of better candidates out there i.e Laporta, Calderon, Kenyon (Wouldn't rule that mercenary out) even an ex player could come in I suppose.

Cook reminds me of an Alan Partridge - Bobby Ball hybrid.

The fact that it's 11 months old and nothing has really came out before this definitely suggests a Cook cover up. Apparently Mrs Onohua is also Nedum's agent as well which definitely makes me smell a Kia finger in all this.

This 'disciplinary action' against an employee as well, it's been going on for 11 months then?

And yet the club hasn't released a statement confirming a suspension/firing/disciplinary action, in fact the only statement was that the board was going to hold an inquiry into the incident and specifically into Cook. Hopefully as this develop's the slapsick directors position will become untenable...

Alot of misdirection about City and the way they let Adebayor/Cruz go out on loan, Spurs are in fact paying 80% of Adebayor's wages

Not buying that, if he's supposedly on at least 150k p/w then theres no chance of us paying him 120k+ p/w. We may have agreed to cover that through a loan fee but I cannot see us paying breaking our wage structure and nearly doubling our highest earner.

Quite clearly the email was sent to Dr. Onouha when it was meant to be for Brian hence the Dear Brian and working with him at Nike in the email.

On the side of Dr. Onouha I find it hard to believe that she actually felt worse when she received this than on the day she was told she had cancer and how many months have passed? There is something else to the story.

Quite clearly the email was sent to Dr. Onouha when it was meant to be for Brian hence the Dear Brian and working with him at Nike in the email.

On the side of Dr. Onouha I find it hard to believe that she actually felt worse when she received this than on the day she was told she had cancer and how many months have passed? There is something else to the story.

Certainly more to this than meets the eye. Either way Cook could well be up **** creek

Not suprised, his defence was flimsy, and the fact that he and Mancini really don't get on, may have spurred the owners into having a word in his ear. Think it will be good for City in the long run

Manchester City Football Club announce that the Board led review initiated on Monday of this week, as a response to allegations made to the football club, football authorities and a national newspaper by Dr Anthonia Onuoha, has been concluded.As a result, the Club can confirm that there is foundation to Dr Onuoha’s allegations and the Chairman has written to apologise to Dr Onuoha for any distress caused.

Following the findings of the review, Chief Executive Officer Garry Cook has offered his resignation, which has been accepted with regret by the Board.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak responded to the decision, saying: “Garry has made a remarkable contribution to Manchester City Football Club over the past three years.

“His judgement in this matter should in no way lead to his accomplishments being overlooked. On every level, the club is unrecognisable from the organisation which he inherited and our staff and supporter services, community outreach and commercial activity have seen unparalleled growth under his direction with yet more projects to be realised on the horizon.

“On behalf of Sheikh Mansour and the Board, I would like to thank him for his energy and tireless commitment to serving all those connected with the football club. He will always be welcome at Manchester City.”

Garry Cook said: “I am privileged to have held my position at Manchester City Football Club and to have experienced the opportunities that it has presented. The privilege is in part offset however by the significant personal focus which has at times, detracted from the magnificent achievements of those working at the football club.

“It is that factor, together with my error of judgement in this matter that has prompted me to reach this decision, which I believe is in the best interests of the football club.

“I wish Roberto and his team and all of the fans and supportive partners of the Club the very best for exciting times ahead. I would also like to put on record my unreserved thanks to Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon Al Mubarak and the Board and all of the very talented staff at the Club for their support throughout my tenure at Manchester City. I know the Club will go from strength to strength.”

Whilst the Board commences a search for a new Chief Executive Officer, Director John MacBeath will fulfil the role of temporary CEO, working closely with the Board.

Manchester City FC Club Statement - Manchester City FC

Cook may have been a ****, but you have to respect how he worked himself up the business ladder and how far he got, sadly he made a very very stupid mistake, we all do them. Hopefully we get someone else as good as him.

:eek: Now who's going to greet the new players with "how are you, brother?" (?)

I'd promote John Williams. Works well with Mancini already, despite not being there too long, and with 13 years at Blackburn, will have a wealth of experience and contacts.... and isnt a complete *****

Kia Joorabchian is a gimp, cant stand the man.

Dzeko is a beast and will score an immense amount of goals this season, i was shouting at all the haters last season for saying hes **** and hes been a flop, i told the he'll not score many in his first half season but then he starts banging them in - like he did at all the other clubs hes been at.

Comparing Aguero to Dzeko is silly, they play differently.

No comment on Garry Cook, him resigning is basically admitting he did it - ***.

we'll demolish wigan tomorrow, and ill be there to witness all 4 (or more) goals we score :p

its been **** recently without any football lol.