The Manchester City Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 231K
D

Deleted member 79730

MANCHESTER CITY F.C Thread- Discussion and Debate.

View attachment 194181

Stadium: Etihad Stadium- 48000 Capacity

Nicknames- Blues, Citizens (lal).

Owner- Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed el Nahyan

Legends- Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Francis Lee, Mike Doyle, Bert Trautmann

Modern Day Heroes- Shaun Goater, Paul Dickov, Ali Benarbia, David Silva

Last Trophy- FA Cup 2011 (1-0 vs Stoke).

Chairman- Khaldoon Al Mubarak

Manager- Roberto Mancini
View attachment 194183
Mancini: Led Blues to first trophy since 1976.

Playing Squad-

Goalkeepers:
Joe Hart, Costel Pantimilon, Stuart Taylor, Gunnar Nielsen

Defenders:
Micah Richards, Wayne Bridge, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Joleon Lescott, Aleksandar Kolarov, Stefan Savic, Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure, Gregory Cunningham, Nedum Onouha.

Midfielders:
James Milner, Adam Johnson, Gareth Barry, Owen Hargreaves, Samir Nasri, David Silva, Nigel De Jong, Yaya Toure, Abdul Razak

Attackers:
Edin Dzeko, Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez, Alex Nimely, Mario Balotelli.

Out on loan:
Emmanuel Adebayor (Tottenham)
Roque Santa Cruz (Real Betis)
David Gonzalez (Aberdeen)
Dedryk Boyata (Bolton)
Ryan McGivern (Bristol City)
Vladimir Weiss (Espanyol)
Michael Johnson (Leicester)
John Guidetti (Feyenoord)
Abdi Ibrahim (N.E.C Nijmegen)
Kieran Trippier (Burnley)
Ben Mee (Burnley)

Starting Eleven:

Italian Manager Roberto Mancini switches between 3 formations usually, a 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 and occasionally a 4-3-3.

4-4-2: Starting Line Up

GK: Joe Hart
DL: Gael Clichy
DC: Joleon Lescott
DC: Vincent Kompany
DR: Micah Richards
CM: Yaya Toure
CM: James Milner
RM: David Silva
LM: Samir Nasri
CF: Sergio Aguero
ST: Edin Dzeko

This formation has a very fluid and unselfish front 4 which means we create a lot of chances in the opposition's box, rather than creating chances around the box. The Full backs are both capable of overlapping and we always have options for support if we find ourselves in trouble

4-2-3-1: Starting Line Up

DL: Aleksandar Kolarov
DC: Vincent Kompany:
DR: Pablo Zabaleta/Micah Richards
DM: Nigel De Jong
DM: Gareth Barry
AM: Yaya Toure
RW: David Silva
LW: Mario Balotelli
ST: Carlos Tevez/ Edin Dzeko

This formation is the most defensive one we play, im not a fan but it is a very effective tactic if you want to see a game out, the problem with it is neither Barry nor De Jong likes to drive forward, it would probably be a more effective tactic if this happened. This tactic was used throughout the 2010/2011 season

4-3-3: Starting Line Up
DL: Aleksandar Kolarov
DC: Vincent Kompany
DR: Pablo Zabaleta
DM: Nigel De Jong
CM: Gareth Barry
CM: Yaya Toure
RW: David Silva
LW: James Milner
ST: Carlos Tevez

This formation is an occasional one Mancini has used, he used it against chelsea last year at home and in a few of the FA Cup games (Notts County, Leicester). It relies on direct running from the center mids, the problem with it is we dont tend to play with enough drive so when tevez drops deep, there is a lot of space but the more restrained Barry doesnt attack it, he has however got forward more this season. the right back is restrictive in this system so Kolarov can get forward as much as possible.

The 2011/2012 Season:

Competitions:
Barclays Premier League- In Progress
UEFA Champions League- In Progress
Community Shield- 3-2 loss to Manchester United
FA Cup- Not yet commenced
Carling Cup- To play 3rd round at home to Birmingham City

Aims in Competitions:
Barclays Premier League- Top 3
UEFA Champions League- Last 16/ Quarter Finals
FA Cup- Win (Either this or the Carling Cup)
Carling Cup- Win (Either this or the FA Cup).

Key Players:

Vincent Kompany
Nigel De Jong
David Silva
Edin Dzeko

Captain: Vincent Kompany
Vice-Captain: Nigel De Jong

Summer 2011/2012- Ins and Outs

TRANSFERS IN

Gael Clichy: 6 Million Pounds
Costel Pantimilon: Season Long Loan
Sergio Aguero: 38 Million Pounds
Stefan Savic: Undisclosed Fee
Samir Nasri: 24 Million Pounds
Owen Hargreaves: Free Transfer

TRANSFERS OUT:
Felipe Caicedo: 1 Million Pounds (Levante)
Jo: Undisclosed Fee (Internacional)
Patrick Vieira (Retired)
Jerome Boateng: 12 Million Pounds (Bayern Munich)
Shay Given: 3.5 Million Pounds (Aston Villa)
Craig Bellamy: Undisclosed Fee (Liverpool)
Shaun Wright Phillips: Undisclosed Fee (Q.P.R)

View attachment 194182
SWP: City Legend moves back to London

Please Feel Free to use this thread to discuss anything you want about Manchester City

Amazing OP :) But...

lol at this having no replies (untill now) ;)

think you will come very close to winning the league and i cant decide between Utd/City

Giant wall of text!

I think thread OPs should be simple and short.

It looks like a guide more than it does a discussion thread, but I am surprised that there wasn't a thread for Manchester City until now.

Blame Billy Boy for that, i copied his outline.!

Personally I don't really give a **** about the OP. I use discussion threads to discuss clubs, not to **** over the OP.

ANYWAY... should be interesting to see if Man City could take he title this year. With Kolo back they look even stronger defensively and their midfield and strikeforce are scary good. A top 5 team in the world currently with Real, Barca, Man Utd and Bayern in my opinion.

What happened to Blakefish? Did he get a perma ban?

sigh, first discussion: Roberto Mancini.

How long will he last, is his football now improving, what are your opinions on him.

Not always been to keen on Mancini, however this season his football has been very enjoyable to watch.

Also glad to see hes getting the best out of Dzeko.

Dzeko is one of the best strickers on earth. Hes not playing anywhere neer his potentiall yet.

Dzeko is one of the best strickers on earth. Hes not playing anywhere neer his potentiall yet.

He's currently playing exactly like he did for Wolfsburg, whether he can keep it up is another matter. Currently playing near his best

Always been a fan of Dzeko. People have different opinions and i think Dzeko>Aguero. Dzeko not only scores but his movement etc. helps the 2nd striker(aguero) alot too.

I'm not happy to say it, but I think City is going to win this season. They just seem keen to win the title this year. I hope my favourite team, Chelsea will win this year though. The CL title is fine though. :) As long as United don't win I am happy.

I think Dzeko - Agüero is a great pair though.

I'm not happy to say it, but I think City is going to win this season. They just seem keen to win the title this year. I hope my favourite team, Chelsea will win this year though. The CL title is fine though. :) As long as United don't win I am happy.

I think Dzeko - Agüero is a great pair though.

City will come second, but push it right to the wire. Remains to be seen if Fergie buys some more quality in January. But I'm expecting a very close battle for the title. Which pleases me

sigh, first discussion: Roberto Mancini.

How long will he last, is his football now improving, what are your opinions on him.

Underrated IMO. I like the squad he has built now. And the squad is pretty much complete and at the point where he needs to sell 1 to bring one in. He knows what he does and he has a good tactical knowledge. The way he has set-up this new attacking approach is very impressive. The roaming of the players behind Dzeko and the whole team defends together.

Always felt he was so negative at times last season because he didn't have the players. to play the way he now does. People were wondering why he bought Dzeko when he had Adebayor etc....but he has shown why.

Yeah, and i think he will stay for a long time. But he must keep progressing. From what i have understood, Mancini wants to build his own legacy the way Wenger have for example. Which means being the manager for 10+ years....

Last edited:
Barca deny City bid for Messi, Barca chief pours cold water on talk of failed City swoop for striker

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has rejected rumours that Manchester City made an audacious bid for superstar Lionel Messi during the latest transfer window.

Reports in Spain suggested big-spending City had tabled €50million plus striker Mario Balotelli to bring Argentina ace Messi to the Etihad Stadium but Barca had rejected the bid.

However, Bartomeu insists no such offer was made.

He told Sport: "Our policy is not to sell our stars but on this subject it certainly did not (happen)."

Meanwhile, Bartomeu made no guarantees over the future of Barca coach Pep Guardiola but hopes the Spaniard will stay on at Camp Nou.

The Barca chief added: "The decision lies with Pep but we hope to go on with him on the bench."

Barca deny City bid for Messi | Football News | Sky Sports

Lol.

LMAO calm down mate he's only played 3 games of the season and has started well but comments like that are a bit premature :|