The Manchester United Thread

Sitting on the bench for a year when he desperately needs to play because he asked for silly money

Tbh we don't know what was going on. There are reports that he wanted to move to Everton as Martinez rates him highly but they were not ready to match Villa's offer. So he might consider he was priced out of the move.

Strange since we've had since around 6pm to wrap it up ffs lads.

A medical can take a very long time, especially if the buyers have concerns over an injury (his knee) and want the medics to look into the problem in further detail. Further complicated by the strange (in my opinion) decision to do the whole medical at the training ground. I know united have a number of high end medical machines and scanners etc on site, but even so, i imagine the doctors will work slower in a different environment to the one they are used to.

Who knows, maybe his personal terms are harder to finalise than everyone has suggested.

A medical can take a very long time, especially if the buyers have concerns over an injury (his knee) and want the medics to look into the problem in further detail. Further complicated by the strange (in my opinion) decision to do the whole medical at the training ground. I know united have a number of high end medical machines and scanners etc on site, but even so, i imagine the doctors will work slower in a different environment to the one they are used to.

Who knows, maybe his personal terms are harder to finalise than everyone has suggested.

Berbatov, Fellaini both were signed much earlier but ManUtd announced after like 30 mins or so after deadline. I would say deal is completed and will be announced after the deadline is passed

Don't think so, agent usually informs club of them demands before player comes to club I think.

Cleverley is one greedy git. Hope we make him train with the reserves. He had a chance to sign for a good club and earn more money in a week than most of us earn in 3/4 years. Let him rot!!!!!!!

Don't think so, agent usually informs club of them demands before player comes to club I think.

What, and the club says 'yes' and proceeds or 'no' and the deal dies? Of course there will be negotiation.

What, and the club says 'yes' and proceeds or 'no' and the deal dies? Of course there will be negotiation.

Negotiation yes obviously, but what I'm saying is.. they'll have a rough idea.... imagine what plums everyone involved would look like if he travelled to the training ground and then wages couldn't be matched.

There is a clear indication of wages beforehand.

I would not care if I was playing for free, aslong as I was playing. Baffles me.

Yeah, and how long before your lady would dump you and leave with the kid? Let's not exaggerate, these guys have families to support, and their trophy supermodel wifes can burn more money in a week then napalm bomb would.

Yeah, and how long before your lady would dump you and leave with the kid? Let's not exaggerate, these guys have families to support, and their trophy supermodel wifes can burn more money in a week then napalm bomb would.

You make it sound like Aston Villa wages are next to the minimum wage.

I will keep my fingers crossed :P

You make it sound like Aston Villa wages are next to the minimum wage.

What does that have to do with anything? He said he would gladly play for free. That's going a bit too far.

Back