The Manchester United Thread

Rene has worked with him since 8 yrs old he even says he will not be a finisher. I think he knows what he is talking about.
I know he will never be a natural finisher but it's a weakness that could be worked on and improved.Hopefully James Wilson fills the void in the future

Last edited:
Anyone else reluctantly happy with and granted when fit midfield options of blind, carrick, ander, di maria, fletcher, fellaini, ando/cleverley and if needed rooney? plenty of numbers but some lack quality.

Anyone else reluctantly happy with and granted when fit midfield options of blind, carrick, ander, di maria, fletcher, fellaini, ando/cleverley and if needed rooney? plenty of numbers but some lack quality.
Very happy for this season and lack of games.

When all/if fit. DDG, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Bind, Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao and RVP? some golas in there, defence still dodgy and also question power in midfield.

Tbf not much midfield power in Liverpool's or Arsenal's either. (Unless you count Gerrard).

They are our two biggest rivals this season for top 4 probably. I'm happy with that midfield for this season, if we can get all fit we should be fine. A lot better than this time last year.

When all/if fit. DDG, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Bind, Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao and RVP? some golas in there, defence still dodgy and also question power in midfield.
I think Rojo and Jones will be formidable in defence. Not to worried about our squad tbh!

I hate this argument, it's opinion of course but sorry just don't get the obsession.

What's not to get? Half of reason for Ferguson's prolonged success was the culture of work ethic and group identity he installed in the club, and nobody gets it better then people who were Red basically since diapiers. Welbeck may not be even close to amount of raw talent people from class of 92 had, but he has the same sort of intensity about him.

Tbf not much midfield power in Liverpool's or Arsenal's either. (Unless you count Gerrard).

They are our two biggest rivals this season for top 4 probably. I'm happy with that midfield for this season, if we can get all fit we should be fine. A lot better than this time last year.
Agree mate rather ours than Flamini,Arteta,Diaby,Allen,Henderson and an ageing Gerrard.

What's not to get? Half of reason for Ferguson's prolonged success was the culture of work ethic and group identity he installed in the club, and nobody gets it better then people who were Red basically since diapiers. Welbeck may not be even close to amount of raw talent people from class of 92 had, but he has the same sort of intensity about him.

class of 92 top players, likes of gibson, cleverley, fraizer campbell, cleverley nowhere near good enough.

Give me foreign talent anyday over academy players who are just decent.

Back