The Manchester United Thread

zpp_xlWP_normal.jpeg
Andrew Cole
@vancole9 Welcome @MemphisDepay
1f534.png
https://twitter.com/manutd/status/600390513058021376 …

Van Gaal reveals plan for Depay development

Memphis Depay has been signed by Manchester United because of his immeasurable natural talent, according to Louis van Gaal, although the manager has warned Reds supporters not to expect too much too soon from the highly-rated Netherlands international.

After passing his medical on Monday, Depay will complete his move to Old Trafford from PSV Eindhoven when the summer transfer window opens on 1 July and the 21-year-old forward will arrive with a reputation as one of the most exciting prospects in European football, having scored twice at the World Cup in Brazil before netting 25 goals in all competitions this season.

Most recently, the Dutchman claimed the Eredivisie’s top goalscorer award and became the youngest player to win the Golden Boot since legendary Brazil striker Ronaldo bagged 30 goals for PSV in 1994/95.

All of this has prompted much excitement among United fans, who are looking forward to watching Depay in action at the beginning of the next campaign. But, writing in his United Review programme notes on Sunday, the manager tempered expectations and called for patience.

“Youth is very important to this club and is a very big part of my philosophy as a manager," van Gaal wrote. "We have a number of young players in our first-team squad who have benefitted from experiencing first-team football this season and that will help their development going into next season.

“Memphis Depay [is] a young player who has come through the PSV Eindhoven academy system," the boss continued. "I worked with Memphis during last summer’s World Cup with the Netherlands and he has great potential.

"The plan is to help him develop as a player, but we must all be patient. The Premier League is very different from any other league and it will take time for him to fully adapt to the pace and unforgiving nature of football in this country.”
manutd.com

Real madrid lodged in a 14.4 million pound bid for de gea

Not sure why this is getting all the attention all of a sudden. It was reported yesterday that Madrid made 20 Million Euro + Coentrao for De Gea, 20 Million Euro is close to 15 Million pounds but today all of a sudden we have reports that Madrid have lowered their offer.

Journalism is at its lowest of low.

All the talk in the press centers around 'Who will replace de Gea'.
What I want, is defenders/midfielders who are capable of protecting the area and not ending up with constant goal mouth scrambles and a keeper playing superman.

All the talk in the press centers around 'Who will replace de Gea'.
What I want, is defenders/midfielders who are capable of protecting the area and not ending up with constant goal mouth scrambles and a keeper playing superman.

Need experienced CB and CM/DM who can organize team. We should be defending as a team which we did in few games but with experienced players there is a massive scope for improvement.

Btw today we have ManUtd awards ceremony.

De Gea will win player of the year for sure, will be interesting to see what will be asked and what he says.

Don't give a rats *** about their players. Since they won't be including Bale/Ronaldo in their bid, unless they offer something along the likes of 40 Million Pounds plus, they can simply sod off.

I'd rather let him leave on a free than accept a such a ****** cut price offer from them. It's not like we desperately need 20 Million all of a sudden.

Don't give a rats *** about their players. Since they won't be including Bale/Ronaldo in their bid, unless they offer something along the likes of 40 Million Pounds plus, they can simply sod off.

I'd rather let him leave on a free than accept a such a ****** cut price offer from them. It's not like we desperately need 20 Million all of a sudden.

I agree, if 20 Million is what they are willing to pay then we should do what Dortmund did with Lewandowski. Like Gary Neville said we should insist on adding Bale to the deal. De Gea + money for Bale is not a bad deal.

Not sure why this is getting all the attention all of a sudden. It was reported yesterday that Madrid made 20 Million Euro + Coentrao for De Gea, 20 Million Euro is close to 15 Million pounds but today all of a sudden we have reports that Madrid have lowered their offer.

Journalism is at its lowest of low.
Exactly they can bid all they like. Journos can BS prices all they like. At the end of the day it will be DDG that makes the ultimate decision.

I'd like Modric if they offered him...

Marca and Madrid can sod off. Better to keep de Gea for one more year (WC option for a year), let him move for a free, and get in Leno as his replacement. In that one year, with proper transfers, we can atleast solidify our position to make it less dependent on the GK.

Mirror reports that van gaal is ready to offload Jonny evans for 10 million pounds. Everton interested

Back