The Manchester United Thread

Solskjaer on Harry Maguire injury
Harry has got a chance for tomorrow so we will give him today, training, and see if he gets through that one.

09:50
Jesse Lingard out for tomorrow
Solskjaer has also ruled Jesse Lingard out for tomorrow.
“We will see tomorrow Jesse got worse with his illness so he won;t be available, but apart from that there are no more injuries. We are getting players back.”

10:04
Bruno Fernandes rumours
We go back to speculations. I do go and watch games all the time, where I’ve been is irrelevant, that’s another player in a different club I can’t speak about at the moment

Mctominay will be back in Feb. And TFM and Bailly will both start tonight in the U23s and be available for next weekend if both come through fine confirms Ole

Viewpoint that the January window generally doesn't work out, unless the player has been thoroughly scouted, and clubs know what they are getting into (VVD, Laporte). Fair point, only worry is that our approach has never been that organised since Ferguson left, and we desperately need able bodies on the pitch. The squad needs an overhaul, and considering Woodward's approach of 1 at a time (and limited at that), if we leave it to Summer, we are screwed. Some movement needs to happen now, especially midfield. And maybe a winger.

Viewpoint that the January window generally doesn't work out, unless the player has been thoroughly scouted, and clubs know what they are getting into (VVD, Laporte). Fair point, only worry is that our approach has never been that organised since Ferguson left, and we desperately need able bodies on the pitch. The squad needs an overhaul, and considering Woodward's approach of 1 at a time (and limited at that), if we leave it to Summer, we are screwed. Some movement needs to happen now, especially midfield. And maybe a winger.
Tbh even the latter years of Fergie our transfers/ squad neglect was atrocious

Mctominay will be back in Feb. And TFM and Bailly will both start tonight in the U23s and be available for next weekend if both come through fine confirms Ole

Great, the board will love that, lets rush him back and not make any signings. Not that we would anyway but their incompetence will be slightly diminished for now if he's back in Feb rather than March that was initially thought.

Lets be honest, the January transfer window isn't ideal. But we're not working in ideals anymore, with the current state this squad has been left in.... this window is must sign someone. If we can't get a midfielder last summer then what chance do we have next summer anyway? With the Euros and everything this board won't be able to get hardly any deals done judging by last summer.

Great, the board will love that, lets rush him back and not make any signings. Not that we would anyway but their incompetence will be slightly diminished for now if he's back in Feb rather than March that was initially thought.
Honestly think we will sign 1 CM maybe stupidly but just my thoughts. Be interesting to watch TFM and Bailly tonight

Honestly think we will sign 1 CM maybe stupidly but just my thoughts. Be interesting to watch TFM and Bailly tonight

I've honestly give up with Bailly, he has all the attributes but his discipline and recklessness will get him either injured or out of the team.

I've honestly give up with Bailly, he has all the attributes but his discipline and recklessness will get him either injured or out of the team.
Yeah feeling the same. Shouldn’t get get many more chances tbh. Will be a good option if can stay fit. Especially with Rojo and Smalling leaving in the summer

Depends on situation club is in. Loan moves are mainly okey and if you are in bad situation like Villa currently with main striker and GK out, you must do something to not be relegated. But agree for top6 it can be very risky to do any big business.

Samuel Luckhurst

@samuelluckhurst
Max Taylor has joined Stalybridge Celtic on loan for the rest of the season. #mufc

Exploding right now in Portugal that Fernandes is in England for talks with Utd. The club have confirmed that there director has travelled on club business. El Observador which is like the BBC are also saying from there own sources talks are currently ongoing.