The Manchester United Thread

If only James had of had the dedication and mental fortitude to go with his complete, all-around skill-set.

Everything to be a top class goalie. Except between the ears.
Football is littered with the what if's Scouse, you can have all the skill in the world but it's having the brain to use them which separates the Christiano Ronaldo's from the Ravel Morrison's of the game.

My ideal summer transfer window personally would be Leon Bailey/Sancho, Upemancano and Ndidi. If Pogba leaves, buy Grealish.

At what price would it be worthy?
Think it will be around Pogba price maybe a bit more with add ons then that will be our only incoming. Then expect 2/3 to leave. Anyone who thinks we are gonna sign 2/3 more players after that are living in cuckoo land. And I expect Pogba and Gomes to sign new deals

Football is littered with the what if's Scouse, you can have all the skill in the world but it's having the brain to use them which separates the Christiano Ronaldo's from the Ravel Morrison's of the game.
Talking about sport mentality and having the drive to succeed. Really recommend basketball documentary about Michael Jordan "The last Dance", it is on Netflix.

Think it will be around Pogba price maybe a bit more with add ons then that will be our only incoming. Then expect 2/3 to leave. Anyone who thinks we are gonna sign 2/3 more players after that are living in cuckoo land. And I expect Pogba and Gomes to sign new deals
If you were to pick, would you sign Leon Bailey or Sancho?

Scouse makes a fair enough point. I think he's a talented but his attitude is a massive negative. If I'm going to analyze OGS' transfer policy, Grealish would be the square peg in a round hole.

With that being said, I honestly don't fancy Maddison. Might be worth taking a look at Kai Havertz but then again, it all depends on what happens with Pogba

Th thing with Grealish is he's a big fish in a small pond. He's good and he knows it. Which is a massive flaw. Humility is everything. Ole has made a point of sayinf he wants the right character as well as talent. Grealish only has one. Nobody can deny his work rate and quality, and how he leads the Villa side at a young age. But if he goes to a truly world class side, where he goes from main man to squad player working up again, what will he do. If he shows the same determination in that situation as he does for Villa then he could be a very good player. But if he has the attitude of still being big for his boots he will get found out very quickly in a top side. Personally on the pitch for Villa he looks like he's everywhere and really tries to drag the team through game. At a young age thats good to see, and if he keeps that same determination and work ethic on the pitch he could go far. The problem is him off the pitch. He looks like a complete ******** and need to grow up. As somebody said before, its the difference between a ronaldo and a ravel morisson.

Th thing with Grealish is he's a big fish in a small pond. He's good and he knows it. Which is a massive flaw. Humility is everything. Ole has made a point of sayinf he wants the right character as well as talent. Grealish only has one. Nobody can deny his work rate and quality, and how he leads the Villa side at a young age. But if he goes to a truly world class side, where he goes from main man to squad player working up again, what will he do. If he shows the same determination in that situation as he does for Villa then he could be a very good player. But if he has the attitude of still being big for his boots he will get found out very quickly in a top side. Personally on the pitch for Villa he looks like he's everywhere and really tries to drag the team through game. At a young age thats good to see, and if he keeps that same determination and work ethic on the pitch he could go far. The problem is him off the pitch. He looks like a complete ******** and need to grow up. As somebody said before, its the difference between a ronaldo and a ravel morisson.
Good post!

All of these names don't touch Pogba. Time to admit he's irreplaceable when he's on it; most talented midfielder on the planet by a country mile. He's box office. The problem is to keep him on it over 38 games.

People bemoan his attitude, but I don't think everything he's done has been negative. Putting pressure on the club to sign higher quality players through Raiola maybe wasn't the best avenue to go down in most peoples eyes, but we desperately needed to sign someone like Bruno to have someone in the squad close to Pogba's ability. He looks so much happier on the pitch with him; similar body language to when he plays for France. Let's add Sancho to that and maybe a DM (can we please trigger Partey's peanuts RC?) depending on the Matic situation and go again.

We're very close to Chelsea's 14/15 title winning 4-2-3-1 blueprint in relation to profiles:

-------Pogba---Matic
-------------Bruno
James--Martial--Rashford

-------Cesc--Matic
-----------Oscar
Willian--Costa---Hazard

However, ideally, you'd love to sign Sancho and make him the front 3 creator (Hazard) and let Rashford be the Willian (work rate, running in behind, etc.) but we're on a good path.

By the way, Anthony Martial. 2 months injured, didn't have a competent #10 feeding him until January (interrupted by the pandemic) and without Pogba all season - 24 goals & assists leading the line. Always knew he was shaped to be the CF; his skillset is so complete, it was only a matter of applying it. Glad Ole saw it.

Gaffer got a LOT of **** for selling Rom, but Martial has kept up the output rate, much better record in the big games & simply more suited to being the technical #9 & bringing others into it. Hats off for the ballsy decision.

I read somewhere than Martial is the top scorer in the league since Bruno came.

By the way, Anthony Martial. 2 months injured, didn't have a competent #10 feeding him until January (interrupted by the pandemic) and without Pogba all season - 24 goals & assists leading the line. Always knew he was shaped to be the CF; his skillset is so complete, it was only a matter of applying it. Glad Ole saw it.

Gaffer got a LOT of **** for selling Rom, but Martial has kept up the output rate, much better record in the big games & simply more suited to being the technical #9 & bringing others into it. Hats off for the ballsy decision.

And still people think Martial ain’t good enough ??‍♂️

Think Pogba has looked loads happier since Bruno has signed also. Not heard a peep out of his **** agent for months either. Think both were putting pressure on the club to get better players in. And Oles business has been excellent. Honestly think he will sign a new 3+1 year deal