The Manchester United Thread

#mufc are looking for a stronger and more physically imposing centre-back than Nathan Aké this summer, and one who is capable of dealing with counter-attacks and long balls almost single-handedly if full-backs are caught up the field #mulive [@TheAthleticUK]

Right choice by Ole if true!

The perfect CB then lol

We're ***** lol, ****** **** if we're relying on this lot to rotate for most of our games next season, god help us.

In fairness to Lingy though he has been one of our better players tonight.... if that's saying anything.

In fairness to Lingy though he has been one of our better players tonight.... if that's saying anything.
Not much lol. 2 in 2 though can’t fault it. Him and Timbo been our best players so far. Just wanna see the 3 young lads come on.

#mufc are looking for a stronger and more physically imposing centre-back than Nathan Aké this summer, and one who is capable of dealing with counter-attacks and long balls almost single-handedly if full-backs are caught up the field #mulive [@TheAthleticUK]

Right choice by Ole if true!
Firstly hard to find that perfect CB, cant even think who could be from youngsters around the Leagues. Maybe Upamecano or Sarr. Others would be premium price.
Dont see Ole taking not that proven guy to elevate into that much.

Firstly hard to find that perfect CB, cant even think who could be from youngsters around the Leagues. Maybe Upamecano or Sarr. Others would be premium or not for sale prices.

Firstly hard to find that perfect CB, cant even think who could be from youngsters around the Leagues. Maybe Upamecano or Sarr. Others would be premium price.
Tuanzebe if he can stay fit. And remember this lad Mengi!

Periera does the hard stuff well then fluffs up the easy stuff ? frustrating coz there’s a decent player in there.

Ole confirmed in his presser that as of tomorrow Sanchez will no longer be a Utd player.

One of the best pieces of business Ed and Judge will do this summer!

The state of our attacking depth is sad to see. Mata really should be sold and Dan James is basically our Theo Walcott. Ighalo is a bit to limited for me.

The state of our attacking depth is sad to see. Mata really should be sold and Dan James is basically our Theo Walcott. Ighalo is a bit to limited for me.
To be fair Mata is now the wrong side of 30 and is probably more use on showing the youngsters the right attitude to play with, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move into a coaching role with the youth players over the next season, he knows his time as a first team regular is over but he still can provide moments of skill to win a game. James was brought as a work in progress who has unfortunately been forced to play too often as a result of the club not having a true right winger, he still has time on his side. Ighalo is and always was the short term stop gap forward who offers an alternative put like you say is limited which hasn't helped when the team don't really change tactical style when he plays. Whilst you can say the attack lacks depth I would be more concerned by the lack in options outside of the first team in all areas, yes there is a glut of CB at the club but they are either injury prone (think Jones and Shaw), too young (Williams) or just not up to standard (Rojo and Smalling). Building a decent squad takes time especially after the mismanagement United have gone through since Ferguson left (and to a certain extent in his last couple of seasons as well) even Klopp has taken time to rebuild the Liverpool squad into one who looked like they could easily have won everything this season. The dross is getting shifted and finally it looks like some sort of real plan is finally emerging it just takes time.

Just the reply to utds brief the night before. Means nothing. Talks still ongoing between both clubs using Lichtensteiner the agent as the 3rd party. Complete agreement with Sancho is done. Just a matter of time!

Teden Mengi
@TedenMengi_
What a feeling☺️, proud moment for me and my family tonight to make my debut for @ManchesterUnited at old Trafford, Big thank you to everyone for the support. Time to kick on ?