The Manchester United Thread

If Sevilla are playing the press game against us I hope we have a better plan than we did against Chelsea in the cup. Think they will because we are really poor when getting pressed lately, seriously need to not insist on playing out from the back because we get put in to all kinds of trouble.
Ive watched a lot of there highlights the last few days. There not really a pressing team and when they do it’s sporadic and not together either. They really rely on building through Benega and not fast either. And there main threat in attack is Ocampos. There no where near the team that embarrassed us twice a few seasons back. And they leave massive gaps at the back. There still a good side mind. But if AWB can do a job on Ocampos and Matic can get around Benega. As long as Pogba and Bruno have a good game our front 3 will rip them a new one if they leave those gaping holes at the back. Not saying it’s gonna be easy but we really should be beating them if we play well.

Ive watched a lot of there highlights the last few days. There not really a pressing team and when they do it’s sporadic and not together either. They really rely on building through Benega and not fast either. And there main threat in attack is Ocampos. There no where near the team that embarrassed us twice a few seasons back. And they leave massive gaps at the back. There still a good side mind. But if AWB can do a job on Ocampos and Matic can get around Benega. As long as Pogba and Bruno have a good game our front 3 will rip them a new one if they leave those gaping holes at the back. Not saying it’s gonna be easy but we really should be beating them if we play well.

Here's hoping, but it's never that simple with United, plus even though I agree they are not the team of yesteryear, they are unbeaten in quite a few games at the moment.

Noam Emeran ????

jb8521
@jb_8521

United u18s won their first preseason game 5-0 against Preston today. 2 goals from Noam Emeran & 1 from Rhys Bennett. I'll post the other scorers if/when I get them

Zidane Iqbal was another scorer. Chuffed for Noam scoring 2 goals on his Utd debut having signed a year ago.We got him and Mejbri for big money being 2 out of the 3 biggest french talents at that age group. Cherki was the other one. We tried to sign him also but decided to stay atLyon and sign a new deal.

Last edited:
So Cooper, Hirst, Ducker all reporting that the club are looking to sell Lingard, Periera, Jones, Smalling, Rojo this window with interest in all players. Interestingly enough though no mention of Dalot.

Maybe will get another chance with the likes of Laird, Bernard, Ercolnai, Mengi defenders from the u23s going out on loan. Add to that Chong, Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Traore.

So Cooper, Hirst, Ducker all reporting that the club are looking to sell Lingard, Periera, Jones, Smalling, Rojo this window with interest in all players. Interestingly enough though no mention of Dalot.

Maybe will get another chance with the likes of Laird, Bernard, Ercolnai, Mengi defenders from the u23s going out on loan. Add to that Chong, Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Traore.

I'm all for selling Deadwood but are we actually bringing in replacements? We need depth...

I'm all for selling Deadwood but are we actually bringing in replacements? We need depth...
Yeah, this. If we are bringing in a CB and CM/ACM, then we are well placed. What we lack is creativity in the middle. (this is other than whoever we bring in at RW).

In mention of a CB, Upamecano was a beast in the match against Atleti. Shame he won't be moving this window.

Newcastle have joined Roma and Inter for Smalling. Benfica have enquired about Periera. Seems like we won’t be short of suitors for some of our deadwood this summer.

Bas

@MxZvGx_

Chong to Werder confirmed by dutch outlet Voetbal International

Quote from his agent: ''I've been called crazy by clubs wanting Chong, but he wanted Werder, he has a good feeling with their head coach, so it was an easy decision''

FB_IMG_1597526761136.jpg

Glad to see Sterling in Liverpool form today

From the embargoed part of the presser

Solskjaer: “It’s a race. You can see team building. We’re always looking at the squad and player logistics. It is definitely about quality – and it is going to cost money to get in players who are better than the ones we already have. And that’s what we are looking at." #MUFC