The Manchester United Thread

Would rather have Sancho than spend on 2/3 other signings.

We can do both anyway with sales.
That has to be a joke. Injuries and fatigue mean we get slaughtered in the latter half of the campaign (especially since it is a shortened season). We desperately need quality depth - honestly, that is a more important need than Sancho. We need a RW, definitely, but I'm not extremely fussed about Sancho if it can't be done (especially if it means we are not focussing on depth). There have to be other options we can look at for that area.

Definitely need another midfielder for sure. Either an AM or a CM/DM hybrid. Not to mention a LB/RB, if we are sending out Dalot. And if rumours of CB departures are true (Smalling, Rojo and Jones), we need a CB as well.

That has to be a joke. Injuries and fatigue mean we get slaughtered in the latter half of the campaign (especially since it is a shortened season). We desperately need quality depth - honestly, that is a more important need than Sancho. We need a RW, definitely, but I'm not extremely fussed about Sancho if it can't be done (especially if it means we are not focussing on depth). There have to be other options we can look at for that area.

Definitely need another midfielder for sure. Either an AM or a CM/DM hybrid. Not to mention a LB/RB, if we are sending out Dalot. And if rumours of CB departures are true (Smalling, Rojo and Jones), we need a CB as well.
We will get a CB and AM/CM as well as Sancho there’s no need to choose!

Lol nice little leak out of Dortmund that Madrid and Barca are very interested in Sancho this window. Thought he’s not for sale...... shame Dortmund crying to the press they have no money for transfers. Least that gives them away to save face if Utd pony up.

A timely video from the Bundesliga 2 days ago given the recent discussion on him in here showcasing just how genuinely world class Thiago is.

Well arguably the best player currently in the world in his position-

Who wouldn't want that elite quality in their side for a once-in-a-lifetime bargain £27 million or less?

A timely video from the Bundesliga 2 days ago given the recent discussion on him in here showcasing just how genuinely world class Thiago is.

Well arguably the best player currently in the world in his position-

Who wouldn't want that elite quality in their side for a once-in-a-lifetime bargain £27 million or less?

Toni Kross for £30 million is the bargain of the decade considering he was only 25 at the time.

From a Dortmund fan https://www.bvb-forum.de/

I want to comment about Hans Joachim Watzke and negotiations in general.

Watzke is doing the same mistakes all over again.

He seems to never learn. First he put his reputation as a Westphalian on the line. Then he starts to criticize ex players who works as pundits. Finally he back track and start to use excuses why his club is short of cash. (All clubs struggle in a Pandemic, nothing new, that why selling Sancho is one option if Borussia D needs fresh cash)

This is my experience regarding negotiations.

If you’re in a good position you don’t have to talk more then necessary, let the silence do the job for you. Don’t insult people inside or outside the negotiation. Don’t assume things without knowledge. Never say something is set in stone. The world spin around, things can change. Let one person be the focal point of the negotiation. The more people who talks the more misunderstandings.

First signing in the bag 12m for a 17 yr old ? that puts to bed we have no money. Sounds exciting?

The management of Partizan sold the super-talented Filip Stevanović (17) to Manchester United, the Serbian Telegraph exclusively finds out! The black and whites will earn 12,000,000 euros on this transfer, and the young winger from Arilje will stay in Humska for the next year, as a player of the "red devils".
"Steamroller" coach Savo Milosevic announced that Stevanovic, as well as Umar Sadik, will cost at least 20 million euros in the future, but the management decided that it was a good time to sell, and Filip himself is aware that the three-time European champion does not call every day. . Last fall, the club from "Old Trafford" had the opportunity to see first-hand the quality of Partizan's prodigy, who played a total of 35 minutes in two games in the group stage of the Europa League against Manchester. That was enough to convince them that it could be a pledge for the future.

Chong in Germany now to complete his Werder Bremen move. Will be watching them a lot this season coming. That’s 2 from the squad out. 1 sale 1 loan. Rojo still in talks with Estudiantes. And Smalling now willing to take a pay cut to stay in Italy either with Roma or Milan. Periera wanted by various clubs. We definately gonna be signing 2/3 players this summer.

Looks like we have done a Dortmund there. Great signing on paper. Lets hope he kicks on next season

Would be nice if we could build up a good understanding with Bremen. Good standard to send our better youngsters to. If Chong can move up a few levels with them it would be good to get him back at the end of the season then send Stevanovic there for a year next year and see how he handles the step up.

Would be nice if we could build up a good understanding with Bremen. Good standard to send our better youngsters to. If Chong can move up a few levels with them it would be good to get him back at the end of the season then send Stevanovic there for a year next year and see how he handles the step up.
Yeah we need to get back to having good clubs to send youngsters to like we did years ago like Antwerp and that Brazilian club.

I dont think Antwerp was that good when we had them as a feeder club. It was more about players being out of their comfort zone and playing European football rather than playing at a good standard in a decent league. They are a lot better now than they was then. Actually I think the full league is a better standard now. There was really only Anderlecht that was any good. Ive never understood why a team on our level never had that decent team in a good league to send players to. People slag Chelsea off for sending players to Holland but its a decent league and one that on the whole tries to play good football.

I think we should try and keep a good relationship with Sheffield United now. Especially if we take Henderson back. Good club. Even if they get relegated, we need a good Championship club to send players to. I wouldnt mind someone like Garner having a year in the Championship then going to Sheffield United the year after if they stay up and he progresses. Either way we need a clear plan for our best youngsters now. Keeping them in the under 23's at 19/20 years old doesnt cut it anymore. If they are good enough they need to be out playing proper Championship football at 17/18 IMO

I dont think Antwerp was that good when we had them as a feeder club. It was more about players being out of their comfort zone and playing European football rather than playing at a good standard in a decent league. They are a lot better now than they was then. Actually I think the full league is a better standard now. There was really only Anderlecht that was any good. Ive never understood why a team on our level never had that decent team in a good league to send players to. People slag Chelsea off for sending players to Holland but its a decent league and one that on the whole tries to play good football.

I think we should try and keep a good relationship with Sheffield United now. Especially if we take Henderson back. Good club. Even if they get relegated, we need a good Championship club to send players to. I wouldnt mind someone like Garner having a year in the Championship then going to Sheffield United the year after if they stay up and he progresses. Either way we need a clear plan for our best youngsters now. Keeping them in the under 23's at 19/20 years old doesnt cut it anymore. If they are good enough they need to be out playing proper Championship football at 17/18 IMO
Read somewhere it was done the whole feeder club thing when ***, Murtaugh and **** completely restructured the academy and decided a different way forward for developing players for the first team.

Our recruitment at that level has been top notch since. And our playing style, and results have been night and day also. Can’t wait to watch the youth leagues next season with so much top homegrown talant and all these new signings joining this summer