The Manchester United Thread

Its just been rinse and repeat from the board for years. Club is a shambles and finishes out of the CL places, get a new manager, back them with funds, scrape a CL place, expect them to do it again with little investment, fail and sack the manager, hire new manager and back them, scrape CL place, fail to back them properly again......rinse repeat
Wasn't the case with LVG tbh. LVG was backed a little too much

Wasn't the case with LVG tbh. LVG was backed a little too much
Yes thats what I mean. Moyes, LVG, Mourinho and OGS. Apart from Moyes, all got backed in the first season when we needed it, but the second season we do next to nothing, get **** results then sack the manager. Its like the board are content with just getting CL then spending the minimum possible. We have turned into Arsenal towards the end of Wenger's reign.

Yes thats what I mean. Moyes, LVG, Mourinho and OGS. Apart from Moyes, all got backed in the first season when we needed it, but the second season we do next to nothing, get **** results then sack the manager. Its like the board are content with just getting CL then spending the minimum possible. We have turned into Arsenal towards the end of Wenger's reign.
At least with Arsenal you knew the reasoning behing it with the new stadium. Even Spurs did it. But we have absolutely no excuse when even without CL football the club is telling anyone that will listen that we profit year on year.

At least with Arsenal you knew the reasoning behing it with the new stadium. Even Spurs did it. But we have absolutely no excuse when even with CL football the club is telling anyone that will listen that we profit year on year.

They've met the Partey release clause apparently.

Even they now look far more of a threat to the top 4 than Utd now.

Literally just seen a meme that sums up exactly what ive just said.

HOW MANCHESTER UNITED SET THEIR MANAGERS UP FOR FAILURE.

SINCE 2013, MANCHESTER UITED HAVE SPENT AN AVERAGE OF £160M ON NEW PLAYERS IN SUMMERS AFTER MISSING OUT ON CL QUALIFICATION. IN SUMMERS AFTER QUALIFICATION, THE SPENDING HALVES. THIS LEADS TO AN ENDLESS CYCLE OF MEDIOCRITY.

Yeah but he said that some of his signings weren't even on his list so it's kind of irrelevant. If you get a manager a player like Falcao and he wasn't even on the list then it's as good as not being backed.
Who says Falcao wasn't on his list? The only players I can think off are Shaw and herrera and even at that, he def sanctioned it.

We spent about £150 million in transfers in LVG's 2nd season? Remember? Depay, Schniederlin, Martial, Schweinsteger etc.

Who says Falcao wasn't on his list? The only players I can think off are Shaw and herrera and even at that, he def sanctioned it.

LVG said it himself.

Btw TOD, Ducker reckons that our answer to RW is Pellestri going straight into first team lmao... oh dear.