The Manchester United Thread

Pogba dropped, Maguire starts, Telles on bench. #MUFC XI v #NUFC: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Fernandes, James, Mata, Rashford.

Why on earth are we going for a completely defensive midfield? Wouldn't it make more sense to start van de Beek this match? Maybe van de Beek and McTominay starting.

Also, I get continuing playing Maguire to give him confidence, but just give him some time off to clear his head. I'm getting scared of a Maguire/Lindelof partnership now. Just hoping they prove everyone wrong today.

Why on earth are we going for a completely defensive midfield? Wouldn't it make more sense to start van de Beek this match? Maybe van de Beek and McTominay starting.

Also, I get continuing playing Maguire to give him confidence, but just give him some time off to clear his head. I'm getting scared of a Maguire/Lindelof partnership now. Just hoping they prove everyone wrong today.
He'd need a year off to clear that head

Maguire still starting, work horse double pivot with almost no technical ability. Old man Mata on the right, Daniel Pace merchant James on the left....safe to say I'm ready for more pain today.

Mata links up well with anyone who understands and exploits space. Which is why him and vDB work well, and the same with Fernandes.

The rest of our players generally struggle to create space (or make runs to make space for others).

Coaching. But I don't need to tell you that.

WTF, it is more dive than penalty....

Edit. What a save, order has restored.