The Manchester United Thread

Luke Shaw despite playing every minute of this Premier League season has a total of 0 points in Fantasy Football.

Under different circumstances, as L'pool are sound at FB, I'd love him you know. His skill set, under the right coaching and environment, would have you a top class modern-day full-back.

Utd sadly have neither. And that's not to excuse his own personal attitude which has been professionally questionable to be kind. But in a better environment, I believe we'd be talking about him completely different now instead of the humongous, and majorly expense, flop his career has turned into since he moved there.

Under different circumstances, as L'pool are sound at FB, I'd love him you know. His skill set, under the right coaching and environment, would have you a top class modern-day full-back.

Utd sadly have neither. And that's not to excuse his own personal attitude which has been professionally questionable to be kind. But in a better environment, I believe we'd be talking about him completely different now instead of the humongous, and majorly expense, flop his career has turned into since he moved there.

Part of which is down to injuries...

Other part being called out next new (insert legend name) young Englisman and over boosted ego?
Nothing to do with Ego with Shaw or coaching. He’s actually been very consistent under Ole just had a bad start this season like the rest of em. But there’s reasons for that to. Not everything is needed to be a reason to rip **** out of Ole or the coaches all the time. Getting pretty tiresome tbh!

To be fair with Shaw everytime he has had a decent run of games, he has been fairly consistent, it's just that he keeps getting injuries which sets him back. He is also a player imho who needs to be pushed by another player, last season the emergence of Williams gave that push (although to be fair Williams is still very much a work in progress) I think Ole and the coaching team realised that hence why the club has brought in Telles to fight for the LB position. Only time will tell if he can still reach the potential he showed as a teenager don't forget he is still only 25 and as such still has time to improve. This season is the big make or break (hopefully not literally) I feel.

#mufc have added Ondrej Mastny, Teden Mengi, Brandon Williams and Mason Greenwood to their Champions League squad to face PSG. The players were originally named on the B list #mulive [mu]

Regarding Maguire’s absence from #MUFC’s travelling squad to PSG, I can confirm that Harry picked up a small injury (a slight tear) against Newcastle, but United’s medical team are hopeful that he’ll be back fit to play against Chelsea this Saturday

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

OGS on nature of Greenwood injury: "I can’t declare medical stuff. Just a niggle. Don’t want to take any chances. Hopefully by the weekend he will be fine again." Denies report of issue with him and Brandon Williams.

@SimonPeach
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Bruno Fernandes will captain #MUFC against PSG

Bruno Fernandes on captaining #MUFC at PSG: "I was not expecting this - I found out this the same time as you! It is an honour, an important achievement for me. The captain is everyone - everyone needs to help, be a leader"

Likely PSG with injuries: XI vs Manchester United: Navas - Florenzi, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Bakker - I.Gueye, D.Pereira, Herrera - Neymar, Di Maria, Mbappé. (L’Éq)

18:55KEY EVENT
Man United team to face PSG
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Shaw, Telles; McTominay, Fred, Fernandes; Rashford, Martial.

Navas; Florenzi, Diallo, Kimpembe, Kurzawa; Danilo, Gueye, Herrera; Di Maria, Neymar, Mbappe