The Manchester United Thread

20201028_223342.jpg

His right toe was offside lol

I presume the shortened name thing you pulled him on above was related to the Munich slurs associated with that?

I liked that was caught as I've not known a genuine Utd fan yet that doesn't take offence to that.
Manu? Manure? I wince every time I see it. But I know it's not mentioned with that intention, not on here, so instead of dredging it up, I just tend to ignore it (as I'm sure a lot of people do on here).

That was a top, top performance. RBL were still in the game (somewhat) until Rashford's introduction, but then they got flattened. Also, Maguire and Lindelof looke stable as a partnership for the first time since last season, so that was pleasing to see. A diamond won't work against other teams, but it's really good to seeing different systems being implemented to exploit opposition weaknesses, along with good movement, control and passing. This is something I thought was missing a lot last season.

Also, for all the slag Pogba gets, he has actually been good every time I've seen him since that disaster of a performance. Even yesterday.

Also, ToD, regards to van de Beek having very less match fitness, technically, he can only build it up by playing matches, so there's a vicious circle right there. He plays Box-to-Box also, so I reckon we may see Fernandes-Pogba-van de Beek against some team that tends to sit back, hopefully. Mind you, I get that he is being integrated slowly, but I would just as sooner get Fernandes that break than have him exhausted and forced to do so.

Not many people mentioning DDG last 2 WC saves again at crucial times in the match. Back to his best this season. Looks like he needed the threat of losing his place.

Paul Pogba’s game by numbers vs. RB Leipzig (81 minutes played): 86% pass accuracy 15 final third passes 4 tackles 4 interceptions 3 through ball 1 assist Getting sharper with every game.

Harry Maguire’s game by numbers vs. RB Leipzig: 100% tackles won 100% aerial duels won 87% pass accuracy 6 clearances 1 clean sheet A perfect night for the skipper. On his CL debut.

Marcus Rashford’s game by numbers vs. RB Leipzig (28 minutes played): 88% pass accuracy 4 shots (3 on target) 3 successful take-ons 3 goals The #UCL’s top scorer.

Last edited:
Just a small sample size but average sub time last season was about 14 mins to go. Average sub time this season 31 mins to go.

I can't imagine football continuing if things in Europe keep going they way they are.
They will still find a way to finish football for the season, atleast in the PL. It becomes a case of too problematic not to, and the penalty payments to broadcasters could well push some PL clubs to the brink.

UNDER 23's: EXCLUSIVE INFO Man Utd U23s 5-2 Salford first team XI friendly yesterday

Woolston (GK) Puigmal, Kambwala, Ercolani, Fernandez, Galbraith, Stanley, Garnacho, Hugill, McNeill, Hoogewerf

Subs Guadagno (GK) Hughes, Jurado, Hansen-Aaroen

Goals McNeill, Hugill, Stanley, Hoogewerf, Hughes