The Manchester United Thread

Why not just give DvB a go at no. 6 last night? We didn't need Matic AND Fred when West Ham are playing like park the bus.

Donny was good when he first came, now he has tailed off but it's to do with confidence and form. You can't expect him to be at his peak when he's playing bit part here and there.

I don't see why we can play a partnership with Pogba and Fred/McT, but DvB can't play there? He used to play no. 6 a lot for Ajax, he was never a no. 10 really. Now Pogba is injured it's a perfect chance in my eyes.
And who do you play at 10 to give Fernandes a rest? And a player of the quality of DVB so it’s not such a massive drop off like when Periera or Lingard used to play there. I would say Mata maybe but he’s going through some stuff in his personal life and doing his coaching badges.

The problem last night was Solskjaer as much as anything else, you see the way West Ham are parking the bus for like 90 minutes and refuse to change it sticking with Matic/Fred in the midfield. It's like starting the game with two flat tyres. A needless extra 30 mins in the tank at this stage of season, considering how much we dominated for 90 minutes we needed to be more brave and create more.

Secondly, I feel really sorry for Donny, when he came here you could see a really good player with confidence..... now it's like non-existent. Why on earth do we constantly insist on playing him as a no. 10? Our management surely must know the role he played for Ajax was not that at all.

Positives, we got through... but I had to get that off my chest.
Van Der Beek is no. 10 but not a bruno type of no. 10. He's basically a SS. Now, I'm wondering if OGS actually tried out an experiment and deploys VdB as a false 9...it may work out....

Just reading that Aliou Traore had a good game against PSG last night. And Ethan Laird was named in the team of the week. Sounds like all our loanees are doing good except Joel Periera.

1613129410472.png

📋 #MUAcademy U23s: #MUFC v Arsenal, live on #MUTV:

Kovar; Neville, Galbraith, Devine, Fernandez; McCann, Helm; Stanley, Shoretire, Hannibal; Hugill.

Subs: Hardly, Mastny, Svidersky

Fantastic win by the young lads 3-0. Goal machine Hugill got the second with a double nutmeg on the defender and GK. Shortire got the 3rd from the spot.