The Manchester United Thread

Has he yeah?

Utterly mad how a change of scenery can boost a player's fortunes.
I think at least 30% ( than number is pulled out of my ****) of players ability is tied to his confidence. At top clubs you don't get as many chances to impress and if you make a mistake its more costly than at the clubs who are somewhere in the middle. Even if you make a mistake, you're still one of the clubs best players so its easily forgotten. Knowing that, you can express yourself and just focus on the football and not about the "will I start next game" politics.

I think at least 30% ( than number is pulled out of my ****) of players ability is tied to his confidence. At top clubs you don't get as many chances to impress and if you make a mistake its more costly than at the clubs who are somewhere in the middle. Even if you make a mistake, you're still one of the clubs best players so its easily forgotten. Knowing that, you can express yourself and just focus on the football and not about the "will I start next game" politics.

I'd say it's arguably a lot higher than that.

You really can't understate confidence. And just how fragile it can be even in the very best players in the World. A prime example, in a different situation, this season. Mo Salah. Phenomenal goal-scoring output the past 3 seasons. Currently the top scorer in the league again. You'd think confidence wouldn't be an issue. Yet when Liverpool hit a horrendous run of form, suddenly he's doubting himself and passing up chances. And those he does take on, missing badly. Absolutely mad what part confidence plays at all levels.

The mental side of the game is even more important than the physical in many respects.

Captains clearence that
Can’t blame that goal on Maguire tbh he got his head on the cross in full stretch. What the **** was Martial doing leaving Maxim for the free shot. He’s been absolutely ***** again for 45 mins no hold up play knocked of the ball easily poor control.

No surprises again we look shaky as **** with Linderlof and DDG in the back 5. Ole got it wrong picking Matic and James for this one.

Just seen the James goal.

I think Jamal Lewis heard the laughter at Maguire masquerading as a defender and took up the challenge!

Woefully inept doesn’t begin to cover it. WTF was he thinking?

Can’t blame that goal on Maguire tbh he got his head on the cross in full stretch. What the **** was Martial doing leaving Maxim for the free shot. He’s been absolutely ***** again for 45 mins no hold up play knocked of the ball easily poor control.

No surprises again we look shaky as **** with Linderlof and DDG in the back 5. Ole got it wrong picking Matic and James for this one.
Mate, I can see you never played football at serious level. First thing defensive players learn is to get the ball out of the danger, out of the box. If not possible, then out from the play, into the throw in or corner. Maguire headed the ball into his own box. He F-d up for the goal, thats it.

Mate, I can see you never played football at serious level. First thing defensive players learn is to get the ball out of the danger, out of the box. If not possible, then out from the play, into the throw in or corner. Maguire headed the ball into his own box. He F-d up for the goal, thats it.
Lmao what do you know about the level of football I played at. The cross came I. He headed it. If Martial did his job instead of wondering around in a day dream. Maxim never gets the shot off. Yes the header could of been better but he was at full stretch.