The Manchester United Thread

Mauricio Pochettino has lost the same amount of league games in 2 months as Ole has in the last 16 months.

Mauricio Pochettino has lost the same amount of league games in 2 months as Ole has in the last 16 months.
It's really not helpful that that dressing room is really toxic and words first and second most expensive players are starting to throw serious antics.

It's really not helpful that that dressing room is really toxic and words first and second most expensive players are starting to throw serious antics.
Yep but that’s always gonna be a problem there. With the big shiny toy way of how they run things. He won’t last there long.

Great to read.Thanks mate.

Always really liked him. One of the key foundation blocks for what Klopps built. Really classy player and a top pro. All he ever lacked was genuine, breakaway pace.

What you mentioned there about his close control ..... Honestly, if you asked me for a 5-aside team at any point he was at L’pool, he’d of been in it every time. You just couldn’t get the ball off him. He and Gini were/ are ridiculous for that. Both technically superb footballers.

The young lads at Brighton couldn’t wish for a better mentor.
Yup, he was difficult to get the ball off of. I remember one situation he was crowded out by Fred (or pogba?), Maguire and AWB at the edge of the box. Most players would end up losing possession but he somehow took it in his stride and found Maupay.

He also did attempt one no-look pass that would've f**ked us if Maupay read it better. Would've been through on goal.

Yep but that’s always gonna be a problem there. With the big shiny toy way of how they run things. He won’t last there long.
That's the issue with most "money" clubs. First and foremost you need to build infrastructure around the players, then bring in players according to your infrastructure. That's one thing both Chelsea and City have done successfully.

That's the issue with most "money" clubs. First and foremost you need to build infrastructure around the players, then bring in players according to your infrastructure. That's one thing both Chelsea and City have done successfully.
Can’t disagree with that. PSG gonna be a manager shortstay lol like a 2 season holiday 😋

Am I the only one that thinks we should sign a right back? Watching AWB yesterday, he gives me the impression of a complacent player. If Max Aarons is available for a reasonable price this coming window, I'd get him just to serious push AWB (something similar to Telles vs Shaw).

Am I the only one that thinks we should sign a right back? Watching AWB yesterday, he gives me the impression of a complacent player. If Max Aarons is available for a reasonable price this coming window, I'd get him just to serious push AWB (something similar to Telles vs Shaw).
Na not for me. I don’t think AWB is complacent it’s just his languid style. He’s been very good this season. And Ole has already said Dalot will be here next season after having a good injury free spell at Milan. Plus Laird is absolutely killing it out on loan atm. FBs would be the absolute last position I would be looking at we are stacked at every age level in that department.

AS ToD has pointed out both FB positions are stacked at the moment and there is no need to bring in more competition. The centre of defence is in greater need of sorting out. Maguire has cemented his place now it's just finding someone with a bit of pace to partner him. A more consistently fit Baily would have been the easiest option but he can't string a series of games together.