Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

The Manchester United Thread

woolly

Jul 23, 2011
Wasn't there a similar argument prior to the formation of the Premier League, especially with regards to the whole FA league structure. Yes the Premiership has become the money spinner the top clubs wanted but the Football League is still alive and going strong. A few lower league sides have folded but that happened prior to the formation of the Premiership as well and will continue to happen in the future. Don't forget however, the big boys haven't had it all their own way Leicester City winning the Premiership was said would never happen back when the Premiership was first spoken about and the likes of Burnley, Ipswich, Hull, Wigan would not qualify for European Competitions ever. These things did happen despite the big 6 taking the bulk of the money.

I'm not for or against a ESL it is sadly a forego conclusion and even then that in itself will eventually be superseded by a World Super League, sport is no different to everyday life it is constantly changing and moving forward. Whether it is for the better or not only time will tell.

Dec 13, 2017
Sorry but then you are also part of the problem in my eyes. You'd watch your club demolish its own history and go to a European super League? Really? Come on man! Everything this club has been built on and all the history would be for nothing.

Created by the poor, stolen by the rich.... it's a true quote I saw. That's what's happening.
Bit hypocritical when all you do is ***** and moan about the Glazers destroying our club etc. Then continue to pay for Sky/BT or support illegal streaming to watch the matches or invest in any official merch!

Tyton

Jan 15, 2012
Super League can suck my big black ****, but I also having a hard time taking all the meltdowns seriously when the same stuff happened with Premier League breakaway. And don't get me started on European Cup changing into the Champions League and dividing footballing Europe into the empire and the colonies that exists solely to feed top 5 leagues with talent. But then we can't have Red Star Belgrade or Steaua Bucharest stealing the spotlight.

Reactions: Theatre of Dreams83

zzeezzy

Jan 4, 2010
Bit hypocritical when all you do is ***** and moan about the Glazers destroying our club etc. Then continue to pay for Sky/BT or support illegal streaming to watch the matches or invest in any official merch!
I've never bought official merchandise (in last 15 yrs) and I would never pay the scandalous prices of Sky that's for sure. Each to their own!

zzeezzy

Jan 4, 2010
Super League can suck my big black ****, but I also having a hard time taking all the meltdowns seriously when the same stuff happened with Premier League breakaway. And don't get me started on European Cup changing into the Champions League and dividing footballing Europe into the empire and the colonies that exists solely to feed top 5 leagues with talent. But then we can't have Red Star Belgrade or Steaua Bucharest stealing the spotlight.
Yeah but this rejects the very notion of having competition.. teams can't even be ****** relegated, if there isn't competition in football then what's the point? This is set up by owners of clubs who have ZERO knowledge about football and it shows with what they are trying to create. Arsenal aren't even a CL team yet their owners give them divine right to be in a super league every season, it's a joke!

Premier League works because it's still a competition, teams at both sides of the table have something to play for..... what is there to even watch this super league ***** for?

Reactions: Theatre of Dreams83

Sherkey

Oct 13, 2013
Are you guys following the news about Inter not completing payments to United over Lukaku? Rumours are that we can demand the entire remaining payment in one go and even more farfetched rumours claim a transfer of Martinez or Skriniar to cover up the cost (~47 Mn pounds).

Dec 13, 2017
Are you guys following the news about Inter not completing payments to United over Lukaku? Rumours are that we can demand the entire remaining payment in one go and even more farfetched rumours claim a transfer of Martinez or Skriniar to cover up the cost (~47 Mn pounds).
Yeah I read something from an Italian outlet about 2/3 weeks ago but a few English journals rubbish it straight away.