The Manchester United Thread

Full-Time. Entertaining U23s game.

A well deserved win against a good albeit 10-man Chelsea.

4-2 (Shoretire 2, Amad, Helm)

Amad, Mejbri, Shortire way to good for this level

The Manchester United manager has often been criticised for not having a definite style of football, but Bielsa insisted that the Red Devils have done something that is very hard to achieve – simplifying their tactics.

He stressed that Manchester United’s style is easy to break down but insisted that it is a compliment as simplifying the tactics and playing to their strengths is a lot harder to do than it sounds.

Bielsa said in a press conference: “The more simple the football is, the better it is. This principle is supported when the players do what they should do and what they are best doing.

“In this sense, Man United is an example of this.

“They do what they know best how to do and this has permitted them to create a style. That the game is simple to decipher.

“This is praise because to be able to play simple is very difficult and when we achieve it is very satisfying.”

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/04/23...ipher-thats-compliment-marcelo-bielsa/504325/

@UtdDistrict

·
Apr 23, 2021

Solskjær: "I've never hidden the fact that I've got coaches who are better than me on the pitch. The main chunks of the sessions, that's Kieran [McKenna], Michael [Carrick], Martyn [Pert] and Fletch [Darren Fletcher]. They do them." [Sky Sports]

UtdDistrict

@UtdDistrict

Solskjær: "Man-management is my passion. I've got other skills, of course, but you've got to look at what other people can bring to the table that you can't." [Sky Sports]

Some very honest quotes from Ole. It's one of the most important qualities but I do think if that's one of the biggest factors you bring to the table you also need to have some very experienced coaches, a lot of these guys he's relying on are just starting their coaching career.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-league-fiasco-and-his-man-management-secrets

U18s 1-0 up after 9 mins. Delicious ball over the top from deep by Hansen Aaroen to Charlie McNeil who toe poked it pass the on rushing GK.

2-0 Utd after 30 mins. Tbh we have been **** after scoring the first. But Zidane Iqbal with a bit of quality beats a couple of challenges with some good skill then drills it past the keeper from 20 yards into the bottom corner.

Nearly 3-0 hitting the post twice in quick concession from Garnacho and Aaroen. Zidane and Aaroen have been superb.

3-0 Utd just before HT. excellent link up play by Garnacho and McNeil around the box. The ball gets put wide to Mainoo who squares it to McNeil for a tap in. Goal machine 🤩

Wow! Excellent tackle by Zidane Iqbal in the centre circle. Gets up the beats 6 Wolves players the wrong foots the keeper to drill it home. 4-1 Utd. What a goal!

5-1 Utd after 67 mins. Garnacho drives from deep beating a couple of players passes it to Hoogwerf at the left side of the 18 yard back who drills it on his weaker left foot into the top corner.