The Manchester United Thread

Lmao 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️

First question in Solskjaer's post-match press conference is whether he still thinks he's the right man to lead Man United: "Yeah, I believe we can turn this around."

Could be time at last!

Times Sport

@TimesSport

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United have called an emergency board meeting to discuss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s dismissal as manager. The Sunday Times understands the virtual meeting has been scheduled for 7pm with Solskjaer’s compensation terms on its agenda.

The Glazer family has also instructed club officials to further accelerate attempts to persuade Zinedine Zidane to take over the managerial position mid-season, increasing United’s financial offer to the three-times Champions League winning coach. [@TimesSport]

Very bold mate, very bold. I don't buy what the tabloids are writing as it's easy for anyone to basically write up something like "The United board hold emergency zoom meeting tonight" just for clicks. Next thing you know, Fabrizio Romano probably tweets this.

Manchester United board call emergency meeting to discuss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s future as manager | Sport | The Sunday Times (thetimes.co.uk)

If you had to get rid of him it should've been straight after the Liverpool game. However now the options are limited, I don't think bringing in Zidane who doesn't speak English and plays a pragmatic style that would not go well with the Old Trafford faithful is the answer. Has to be an Interim until the end of the season and then bring in a DOF and manager combo that will work together in the summer. The amateurs in charge will for sure **** this up and approve Zidane or someone else not suited to the club.

Manchester United board call emergency meeting to discuss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s future as manager | Sport | The Sunday Times (thetimes.co.uk)

If you had to get rid of him it should've been straight after the Liverpool game. However now the options are limited, I don't think bringing in Zidane who doesn't speak English and plays a pragmatic style that would not go well with the Old Trafford faithful is the answer. Has to be an Interim until the end of the season and then bring in a DOF and manager combo that will work together in the summer. The amateurs in charge will for sure **** this up and approve Zidane or someone else not suited to the club.
My ideal situation is Rangnick come in till the end of the season, take up the DoF role and go all out for Erik Ten Hag.