The Manchester United Thread

My ideal situation is Rangnick come in till the end of the season, take up the DoF role and go all out for Erik Ten Hag.
Will the board want to relinquish the power to a DOF. That is the issue the rot starts with the board and their approach from yes man. Ragnick will kick upa fuss and want to restructure everything, will they let him? I don't think so.

I mean you have a DOF already now and he doesn't even have a say in the managers role being discussed. Then what is the point of his role.

I mean you have a DOF already now and he doesn't even have a say in the managers role being discussed. Then what is the point of his role.
Ironically, with all the chatter of the PE teacher's job, I haven't heard anything from our supposed DOF John Murtough lol.

Tbh Murtaugh has done a great job at the club since he’s been here. Even negotiating this summers ins. From restructuring the academy from top to bottom. Getting data analysis into the club and analytics. It’s not his fault the manager and board are idiots

Tbh Murtaugh has done a great job at the club since he’s been here. Even negotiating this summers ins. From restructuring the academy from top to bottom. Getting data analysis into the club and analytics. It’s not his fault the manager and board are idiots

Your summer transfers were more Woodward specials. Particularlythe one Citytook the P out of you with.

So watching MOTD, something I rarely do given the shambolic standard of it now with the z list pundits who never watch the games they have on, a few observations-

Watford missed a peno? Deary me. So it could have been 5? To WATFORD?!!!!! 👀

Sarr too two of the worst penaltiea I’ve ever seen.

John Moss needs to learn the encroachment law.

Harry Maguire is beyond brain dead. Twice in 7 mins? 🤦‍♂️And hes your CAPTAIN!

Suoerb trolling by Watford BTW to have rhe PE teacher sat in seats sponsored by ‘Football MANAGER!’ 🤣🤣🤣

And his words after ……. I’m actually feeling empathy now. He just looks a broken man.
As for what de Gea had ti say ….. 😮 Thats on THEM as much as anyone. Disgraceful. He and his teammates should be ashamed.

Jesus. And that was just a 10 minute or so cut up.

So watching MOTD, something I rarely do given the shambolic standard of it now with the z list pundits who never watch the games they have on, a few observations-

Watford missed a peno? Deary me. So it could have been 5? To WATFORD?!!!!! 👀

Sarr too two of the worst penaltiea I’ve ever seen.

John Moss needs to learn the encroachment law.

Harry Maguire is beyond brain dead. Twice in 7 mins? 🤦‍♂️And hes your CAPTAIN!

Suoerb trolling by Watford BTW to have rhe PE teacher sat in seats sponsored by ‘Football MANAGER!’ 🤣🤣🤣

And his words after ……. I’m actually feeling empathy now. He just looks a broken man.
As for what de Gea had ti say ….. 😮

Jesus. And that was just a 10 minute or so cut up.
Even without the pen, DDG made about 2-3 good saves as well. Could've been 7-1 if we weren't careful.

Henry Winter

@henrywinter

Solskjaer came into #mufc and cleared the air of the tension post-Mourinho. Staff and players needed spirits lifting and Solskjaer did that because he cares about the club. No ego. But he’s not a top-level coach or manager. Players needed organising better. Exit was inevitable.

Not really. We have been after Varane since Fergie was here. We was even after Sancho before he went to City from Watford. Ronaldo most likely was Woodward!

Completely disagree.

You gave Varane rhe £10 million a year Madrid wouldn’t who’ve been trying to off load him for long enough down to not being worth the contract. He’s nowhere near the player without Ramos mate however much you want to think he’s a top 3 CH in the PL or wherever it was you put him. Hes a very good defender. But nowhere near worth the investment you’ve made in him.

He and Ronaldo are classic Woodward hype/ big name signings. And Sancho was the last player you needed. As good as he is. Utd just had no choice but to go back to Dortmund after the absolute bollocks they made of it the previous summer.

It was a massively over priced summer, that didn’t address the areas you needed to address. That somehow got spun into a great window by gobshites pike Neville.

He might have done wonders the academy but if you’re saying hes done food as aaDoF, you’ve sadly forgotten what good is.

Its just more of the same adding to a bang average, very unbalanced squad thats been built with no planning what si ever.

UntilUtd sort this hodgepodge poor recruitment no manager is turning this around.

Last edited:
So he sounds more like a head of youth development then. A typical DoF has a huge hand in the Job security of a manager. They give the ultimate recommendation/vote on a divvy's job to the club CEO.

The fact I haven't heard anything from him tells me that DoF job title is just a facade.

So he sounds more like a head of youth development then. A typical DoF has a huge hand in the Job security of a manager. They give the ultimate recommendation/vote on a divvy's job to the club CEO.

The fact I haven't heard anything from him tells me that DoF job title is just a facade.

He should be the one who hire’s the manager to fit the clubs philosophy.

Except there is no club philosophy and no management structure so the role is deemed worthless by another ‘yes man.’

For an American owned club, Utd are so un-American throughout the organisation its just proper weird.