The Manchester United Thread

Unfortunately, he represents some of the biggest names/talents in football so it maybe hard to avoid him. I feel it requires a collective effort from clubs to just stop working with players he represents which would then deter players from hiring him as an agent.

Sadly true. If the big clubs stoped bowing down to him, his clients would soon find new agents.

Why it always highly amuses me when we get linked to Haaland given we have an in house policy of not working with him. Which has caused an issue with Gravenbach at Ajax who grades out super high on our metrics but then there's this horrible lil' **** who's his agent ...... So I can't see that happening either.

Ralf Rangnick delivers a hard-line message: "If a player doesn’t want to play for club like @ManUtd, doesn't make sense to convince him to change his mind. This is such massive club, with fantastic support, I don’t think anyone at the club should try to convince a player to stay"

Cough Pogba…

One of the worlds great mysteries in recent times 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rangnick on Mike Phelan’s role with Chris Armas coming in: ‘Mike Phelan is not watching the training sessions - he also didn’t do that when Ole was in charge - but he’s also part of the training group of the staff. But he is never on the pitch when we train.’ #mufc

One of the worlds great mysteries in recent times 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rangnick on Mike Phelan’s role with Chris Armas coming in: ‘Mike Phelan is not watching the training sessions - he also didn’t do that when Ole was in charge - but he’s also part of the training group of the staff. But he is never on the pitch when we train.’ #mufc
must be nice to get paid for not doing your job

So refreshing!

Rangnick when asked about Pogba: 'If a player does not want to play for a club like Manchester United medium or long-term, I don't think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind.' Also questions the Dubai injury trip!

Rangnick: "I have already spoken to the medical department - to Steve [McNally] our doctor, to Robin Sadler - that in the future I want players with injuries - and hopefully we don’t get long-term injuries - but if we have them in the future I want them to stay here. No injury holidays." #mulive

Bruno and especially Rashford absolutely shocking today. Rashford really does need drooping for a few matches woeful! So ****** frustrating watching him ruin every single good attack we have

I always forget how many dumb people there are who have personal agenda against De Gea. 200 career clean sheets. For instance, Neuer reached 205 this seasons overtaking Kahn who had 204.

Onto the game, **** performance and I have no idea what Rashford was doing on the field after that abysmal first half. He had even worse second half.

Lackadaisical first half. We didn't look like conceding however, we didn't look like scoring either barring the final 10 mins.

Second half was basically Ole ball. Norwich created good openings (where was our press ffs?).

I assume Rangnick opted against subbing off Rashford due to Lindelof's injury? I would've taken off Rashford before Sancho but that's just me.

Got a chance to properly watch that game and here are a few points

1. I can say without a shred of doubt that Rashford is not a striker. His back to goal is as terrible as the new FM base layout. He's at his best when he was space to run into and isolate a defender in 1v1 situations. That chance he created for Ronaldo late on in the game kinda validates this. He had the beating of Max Aarons and was able to get to the byline.

2. Dalot was pretty good yet again. I'm afraid this might be the end of the road for AWB. I've known he's a limited fullback but those limitations are even more exposed now with this new 4-2-2-2 formation that requires the fullbacks to primarily provide the width.

3. McFred was surprisingly solid. Now, don't get me wrong, we can improve on these two but they'd be excellent backup options.

4. Bruno seems to be playing more as a winger now than a no. 10.

5. Finally, we need a Poulsen-esque forward to really make this new system work, especially in attack. It's going to take a while for the players to get used to it but at the same time, I see we would have issues sustaining attacks vs compact teams with no forward that can hold up play. If you watched RB Leipzig play under RR, you'd recall his first choice front 2 of Poulsen and Werner. Poulsen's hold up play was brilliant which allowed him to bring Werner (and his fellow team mates) into play. I'd say Rashford would fill this Werner role pretty well but Ronaldo's hold up play leaves a lot to be desired. I'd feel like Cavani would be the closest thing we have but the guy can't stay fit (and he's leaving this summer)

We are a bit fortunate the fixtures over the next month are rather kind to give RR adequate time to click.

1639327954715.jpg