The Manchester United Thread

Yeah, big fan of Guimaraes. Ironically, he was Bruno's replacement and he's doing really well at Sporting.

Just for giggles, we should buy him and Bruno jordâo from wolves (he's more of a dlp) and complete the Bruno midfield
I think you're thinking of Pedro Goncalves. Bruno Guimaraes is a Brazilian midfielder playing for Lyon.

@sistoney67
Ralf Rangnick not giving much away re Jan sales @ManUtd: “I don't know. I know which players want to leave. I know there are some negotiations with clubs but I am not involved. I will probably be posted + made aware if something is happening. We will all have to wait and see.”

FJaIYihX0AYSudH
That’s nice. Was attached to a tweet announcing our new shirt sleeve sponsor for next year. Biggest in world football aparantly.

JUST IN: The process for the #mufc's managerial appointment will start in the coming weeks and the likes of Mauricio Pochettino, Erik ten Hag, Luis Enrique will all be considered #mujournal [@David_Ornstein]

#mufc are thought to be focusing on candidates who have experience of working at major European teams and can be here for the long term project, all of the above satisfy that criteria.The club fully intend to have someone else instead of Rangnick in charge as manager for 2022-23 who will move to oversee the restructuring of the club #mujournal [@David_Ornstein]

2 of those names should be nowhere near being linked to Utd.

But thats where the club is.

I love Poch but if Ralf says Ten Hag is the better suitor then absolutely throw the bank at him. Wouldn't want to be in this position where city, after Pep leaves hires Ten Hag and continues to dominate the league like no one's business (maybe even win the UCL too).

He might be our very own bald fraud 🙂

This is the 3rd Frenchman since Cantona that I really liked and turned out to be bad deal for United. Well, calling Saha a bad deal is a bit too much, when fit he was world class.

I love Poch but if Ralf says Ten Hag is the better suitor then absolutely throw the bank at him. Wouldn't want to be in this position where city, after Pep leaves hires Ten Hag and continues to dominate the league like no one's business (maybe even win the UCL too).

He might be our very own bald fraud 🙂

I don’t know where City turn after Guardiola mate. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But if they go Dutch there I’d be really happy.

This is the 3rd Frenchman since Cantona that I really liked and turned out to be bad deal for United. Well, calling Saha a bad deal is a bit too much, when fit he was world class.
Wouldn't say he's been an outright flop tho

No Martial hasn't been a flop by any stretch however, he hasn't progressed and is too inconsistent to be anything but merely acceptable. In fleeting glimpses you can see he has the ability but just doesn't seem to have the mental side to truly standout. Good luck to him if he proves people wrong at Sevilla and attracts some decent offers in the summer however I feel he where ever he ends up he will be just as frustrating in his performances.

Yeah there's gotta be something off with the lad when his best season was probably the first one under LVG when he was still teenager.

I don't really follow it closely, but I remember him taking on 2-3 defenders in the early days. Then again, he's far from the only player who switched off after good start, seems like there's something in the air at Old Trafford.