The Manchester United Thread

Interesting thing in that experiment is he did great untill the end of the second season.
United resigns Pogba 9/10 times and he's always pretty terrible for AI.

Yeah I would always just sell him first chance I had, he's just a poor fit for every role that exists. Not disciplined enough to be a DM, not hard working enough to be CM and not mobile enough to be AM.

Fills me up with so much joy

😁😁😁🤩🤩

EXCLUSIVE: Matt Judge will leave as Man Utd head of corporate development. Judge led transfer + contract negotiations. Serving notice period & not expected to play active role in summer window. Amicable but another major change at #MUFC @TheAthleticUK

Arnold seems to be moving in a way that separates the business and football sides. Some encouraging off field things since he took over and Rangnick has come.

Arnold's given Murtough control and he's making changes. Judge, Lawlor and Bout weren't his guys, so it seems he's got rid of them and will now bring his people in. Very very similar to what he's done at academy/scouting and data analytics departments.

They could have at least tried to be realistic, true to life, and relegated the Ev.

I feel cheated.
I did a simulation, 20 years in the future. On fist simulation Everton fell down after a few seasons and never came back. Second simulation they got a sugar daddy and they are by far best team in Europe.

Arnold's given Murtough control and he's making changes. Judge, Lawlor and Bout weren't his guys, so it seems he's got rid of them and will now bring his people in. Very very similar to what he's done at academy/scouting and data analytics departments.
Still refusing to get my dopamine levels high. Lets see if they can fix the rot left behind the Glazers.

Still refusing to get my dopamine levels high. Lets see if they can fix the rot left behind the Glazers.
This maybe an unpopular opinion here but while I think the Glazers are scum, I feel fans exaggerate their direct impact on what we see on the pitch.

They are ultimately responsible for the state we’re in but that responsibility bubbles up from their decision to appoint Ed Woodward as CEO when Gill left. They let Woodward run the club as he pleased and all the glazers cared about with profits at the end of every quarter (along with their dividends). He was basically their GM of sorts. Ed Woodward ofc looked at Levy and thought he could model united the same way effectively and made appointments solely on nepotism while neglecting the need for a DOF. This resulted in a situation where we had bankers getting involved in recruitment/transfers.

He favored big names just so his quarterly presentation to the glazers would look good as
A. It encourages more lucrative sponsorship deals
B. Sells more shirts
We only got a DOF following that super league debacle (which honestly might turn out to be a blessing in disguise).

Oh I am blaming them. For sucking the golden goose as much as they could, for appointing terrible (football wise) people who were only driven by greed.

Only time they opened the checkbook is when United were in jeopardy when it comes to European football. And even then, their 'main man' went for blockbuster signings and even there he failed.
But they are smart businessmen and women and they figured out something is not quite good, cash they generated have decresed.

With the amount they took from the club, they could've fixed and improve Old Trafford amont other things and still have enough to fill their greasy pockets.

**** glazers.

Oh I am blaming them. For sucking the golden goose as much as they could, for appointing terrible (football wise) people who were only driven by greed.

Only time they opened the checkbook is when United were in jeopardy when it comes to European football. And even then, their 'main man' went for blockbuster signings and even there he failed.
But they are smart businessmen and women and they figured out something is not quite good, cash they generated have decresed.

With the amount they took from the club, they could've fixed and improve Old Trafford amont other things and still have enough to fill their greasy pockets.

**** glazers.

Yeah, not saying they’re blameless at all: they hired the people that oversaw the footballing side while ignoring the need for stadium/training facility upgrades for almost a couple decades now but at the same time, I even met a fan who somehow insinuated Rashford’s poor form is down to the glazers. I don’t even think the Glazers know who he is.

**** the glazers but don’t exaggerate their impact. They don’t pick the starting XI.