The Manchester United Thread

It’s a double! United U21s are the League Champions and add the trophy to the Academy Cup they won earlier in the season. 3-1 in both games and. 6-2 overall win on aggregate. CHAMPIONS!!! #MUWomen

Rangnick: “The club has a top medical department, this is something I can say after the last four and a half, five and a half months. The medical department, they are top so there is not nothing that needs to be put under scrutiny there.”

Rangnick: “But obviously if we have seven outfield players missing tomorrow, seven outfield players, this is not a good thing at this part of the season that this happens. But as I said, it also has to be questioned why does it happen?”

Rangnick: “But it’s definitely not got anything to do with the quality of people and the motivation of the staff in that area. The staff is top, they are all doing a great job here.”

Basically saying some players are pulling a fast one in regards to there injuries. Not surprised with this bunch.

Ralf Rangnick on his future @manutd: “Looking forward to working in advisory role + helping Erik as much as he wants. So far had no contact. His focus on Ajax, mine on Man Utd. Obv more than willing + prepared to help Erik + whoever in club to change everything for better”

Question: If Erik (ten Hag) asks you about the captaincy and he asks you in your role as consultant, should Harry Maguire be the captain, would you recommend that, Ralf? What would you say to him, knowing Harry, having been here, five or six months?

Answer (Rangnick): That's how I did it, I know that not a lot of head coaches do it that way (having the players vote, with four or five players having the most votes and alternating captaincy when necessary, but the top vote getter is captain of the team).

Comment: Guardiola does it at City

Response (Rangnick): Yeah, so that's what I would do if I was still the manager next season, but I'm not, so that is something for Erik to decide.

That's how L'pool's captains (1st/ vice and 3rd choice) have been decided under Klopp too. By player vote.

As a related aside, I still can't believe Wreck-It Ralf is committed to his own career suicide and not getting as far away from this shitshow as is humanly possible in a few weeks as this disgraceful Utd season comes to a withering end.

But all the best to him and you as he isn't.

Rangnick confirms ten Hag plans: "In my last clubs we never signed a player without approval of manager.
I’m pretty sure this will be case here with ten Hag". #MUFC

"Together with the board, scouting department and myself, we will decide on right players", he added.

Ralf Rangnick dismisses claims he has compiled a dossier on #mufc's squad: “This is completely false, completely untrue. The board has never asked me to prepare a dossier, neither for the board nor for Erik. If Erik asks my opinion I will give it.” #mufc #mujournal [@SkySportsNews]

Ralf Rangnick: “I've been talking to the board quite regularly and obviously we were also exchanging our impressions of the current situation. For me it's important, together with Erik, together with the scouting department we can build a new squad this summer.” #mufc #mujournal [Sky]

That's how L'pool's captains (1st/ vice and 3rd choice) have been decided under Klopp too. By player vote.

As a related aside, I still can't believe Wreck-It Ralf is committed to his own career suicide and not getting as far away from this shitshow as is humanly possible in a few weeks as this disgraceful Utd season comes to a withering end.

But all the best to him and you as he isn't.
Well look at it this way, if we do manage to turn this shitshow around, there’ll be a statue outside old trafford erected in his honor

News #Rangnick: What a development, it’s true what @KURIERat is reporting! Rangnick is close to become the new head coach of Austria! Nothing is signed yet. Last details have to be clarified now. Announcement of the big deal could follow tomorrow. #MUFC @SkySports

News #Rangnick II: Most important for #MUFC: His contract as a consultant at @ManUtd until 2024 remains valid. He does not terminate it. He will support Ten Hag. It’s a dual function. Rangnick will work for Manchester United AND
🇦🇹
! @SkySports

Christ, it's getting more and more farcical.

But at least Big Ed's not there and all that. 🙄

Anyway, good luck against Chelsea. Hopefully you beat them. Keeping them hungry for a win to box 3rd when hey go to Everton Sunday would be perfect ta.

Christ, it's getting more and more farcical.

But at least Big Ed's not there and all that. 🙄

Anyway, good luck against Chelsea. Hopefully you beat them. Keeping them hungry for a win to box 3rd when hey go to Everton Sunday would be perfect ta.
What’s the issue? It was reported from the start he was only to be hired as a consultant. He’s clearly had a big say in things so far. And has said himself he will going forward. Plus with Paul Mitchell looking likely coming in the structure at the top looks good. Just have to see how that translates going forward.