The Manchester United Thread

They are really in "All in" mode. No plan B, no turning back. Its going to be spectacular if they fail.
Actually, there might be a plan B, if somehow, somewhere Super League emerges again.
thay dont have a plan a let alone a plan b to z

thay dont have a plan a let alone a plan b to z
Wouldn't surprise me Laporta is rubbing the lamp someone sold him on the market for 10% of TV rights.

Anyway, onto the game, the more I see of Jacob Ramsey the more I like the player. Very tidy in possession and quick when bursting forward. Shame he plays for Villa and Gerrard. Also, I think Gerrard is trying to get all the windup merchants he possibly can.

The dodgy pitch had nothing to do with DDG being caught in no man’s land with that corner
I wasn’t talking about the result. I was talking about the general quality of play. Shock horror DDG ***** at corners lol. No injuries and time on the pitch together is all that matters

Lol, in fairness just having Messi off the books would probably make room for wages of 5-6 world class players. The little guy was really bleeding Barca dry his last few years there.

Lol, in fairness just having Messi off the books would probably make room for wages of 5-6 world class players. The little guy was really bleeding Barca dry his last few years there.
There's a story, non football one, about Los Angeles Lakers and their star player Kobe Bryant, who was aging and approaching his zenith ( if that makes sense) and they still gave him max contract. Till this day, and it was more than a 10 years from that, players are willing to join Lakers just because how Lakers are loyal to their players, no matter how terrible Lakers were ( and they were pretty terrible).

With both Bryant and Messi you have one of a kind francies legendary players. More than sure that they brought in more money than wages paid for them. Only issue is that the wage structure is broken. It is easier in NBA as there is wage cap. Also both clubs are in legendary status for players. They maybe hope and dream that they bring back or are part of the new glorious era.

Yeah, I think it's not a good analogy because of salary cap. Messi was on like 90 mil a year, that's probably more than entire wage budget of smaller teams like Getafe or whatever. In the NBA you could be scoring 50 points a game and it's still just not possible to be earning more than entire teams.