The Manchester United Thread

I don't think your vision of "defensive midfielder" and EtH's is the same.

I don't think your vision of "defensive midfielder" and EtH's is the same.

Which is a potential issue in the PL.

We don't play with a stereotypical DM either in how we view a 6. But we'd be far more at risk without his mobility and physicality playing in the oppositions half as we do pushed right up.

Which is a potential issue in the PL.

We don't play with a stereotypical DM either in how we view a 6. But we'd be far more at risk without his mobility and physicality playing in the oppositions half as we do pushed right up.
United for years had Carrick in that position. No issues whatsoever with him. And FdJ is more mobile than Carrick. Also, EtH sets up his team different than Klopp.
Now, every transfer is a risk and everyone can flop. But when you look at pros and cons, FdJ has every tool to succeed in EPL.

'If' he winds up at Utd, and that is the plan, I'd be more concerned about the physicality/ pace needed in the PL for the position. The ball-playing playmaker isn't an issue. But not being the Dutch league and having nothing like that time on the ball would make that interesting.
He is incredibly press resistant for starters so I’m not overly concerned about him not getting time on the ball. Actually he invites the pressure and is able to use body faints to evade the high press. Worse case scenario, he gets fouled a lot. He isn’t a “sit deep and ping long balls” type of midfielder. He’s a elite ball progressive mid, either with runs from deep or line breaking passes. I can see why ETH wants him badly as he combines a unique set of skills you don’t see often in players. I’d say only other known quantities that replicate this would be Marco Veratti and Thiago.

Defensive mids don’t need to be hard tacklers as well. Rodri, for example, isn’t much of a hard tackling midfielder but his reading and positional awareness is top notch. That’s really what you need in that position in the PL. Not sure the physicality is going to be an issue for him but I know he can’t play as a lone 6.

Again. all the best to you in the PL mate if that's what's down for him. Presuming he comes.

So from ETH presser and Utd more reliable people it’s FDJ and Antony and RB will depend on AWB leaving which the club are looking for. Then the rest will be sales and loans out.

Posted the wrong thing lol

Ah. That explains that then. 🤣🤣

I was replying, before it went, as fuuny as it is Chelsea having Kounde snatched from them after they’d agreed to buy him, its proper mad how Barcelona are basically doing whatever the F they want with impunity this window. And players still jump to them as soon as they do.

Never seen anything like it. No money. Sign and keep anyone they want!

They are really in "All in" mode. No plan B, no turning back. Its going to be spectacular if they fail.
Actually, there might be a plan B, if somehow, somewhere Super League emerges again.