The Manchester United Thread

Big game for the womens team today also

Attachments

• 181971D4-3EF1-409A-9662-B571CE0CA789.png
    181971D4-3EF1-409A-9662-B571CE0CA789.png
    436.7 KB · Views: 7
On normal circumstances, I’d be a bit critical of the lack of control we had in the game however, we aren’t operating on normal circumstances. We’ve had a game every 3 days all month and only barely recovered from a grueling match against Barcelona. It’s only fair tired legs would be a factor in this game

All things considered, this was a good performance. We managed the game very well in the 2nd half with Varane and Martinez looking very assured. I don’t think I’ve felt this assured about our defence since the 2011 Vidic/Evans and Ferdinand partnerships. All credit to Erik Ten Hag, the gaffe with a plan who’s tactical aptitude can rival any other manager’s in world football. Happy to see the progress we’ve made solidified with this win.

Get in! Silverware in the bag😍

Game went just as I expected. Newcastle coming out of the block with lots of energy and dominating possession after having a week off. And us being a bit sluggish looking to manage the game and hit on the counter.

Despite Newcastle having the best of the ball they didn’t really cut out to many CCCs and that’s a credit to not only the superb work of Varane and Martinez and Casemiro ( old overpriced past it git😋) but the incredible work rate and discipline of the whole team. What an effort after the Barca result just over 48hrs ago. We had 3 lung park well we now have 3 lung Fred😁

So much to love about this team. And such a huge contrast to last seasons shambles. And it’s all down to the absolute quality management of ETH♥️

Let’s see what the rest of the season brings 🤩