The Manchester United Thread

18 years ago, we got saddled with half a billion pounds of debt. 18 years later, we still have half a billion pounds of debt.

I'd rather that than be owned by the far worse option of the State of Qatar, or even worse, Saudi Arabia.

As parasitic as they are, I'd take that option over a heinous State with such despicable human rights records ANY day of the week personally.

From that POV, as S as they are, you're fortunate they've never intended selling Utd all along.

Chris Wheeler
@ChrisWheelerDM
·
Man Utd release Q2 financial results. Commercial revenues up 22%. Matchday revenues down. Record sales of tickets, hospitality and memberships. Debt now up to £530 million #mufc

Simon Stone
@sistoney67
·
Manchester United: Premier League club owe almost £1bn, reveal new figures

This is why twitter can be so annoying. Two 'reputable' journos both quoting different numbers.

Great 4-0 win for the women today away against Brighton to remain top of the league. Scorers Galton x2, Williams, Garcia

Ten Hag needs to cook something. Last month or so have been poor. There's no threat going forward, midfield can't string 5 passes and when they do, Rashford or Antony kill the momentum with their lack of directness.
This is the reason why I'm against giving Rashford a new contract on quoted 400kpw salary. He's massively overperforming this season and I hope club can see that and be sensitive.

Ten Hag needs to cook something. Last month or so have been poor. There's no threat going forward, midfield can't string 5 passes and when they do, Rashford or Antony kill the momentum with their lack of directness.
This is the reason why I'm against giving Rashford a new contract on quoted 400kpw salary. He's massively overperforming this season and I hope club can see that and be sensitive.
Our midfield is ****. Take away Eriksen and Casemiro we are back to where we have been from seasons past with McFred. We can’t control games defensively and they can’t dictate play in tempo or an attacking sense. The sooner McTominey, DVB are sold and we bring in a couple new ones. We are gonna see these games/performances more often.

Rashford defo had an off day today. But his improvement has been very good in many aspects this season. He should defo get a new contract. Can’t see it being near 400k though.

Anthony brings balance to the team but I agree his lack of directness has been annoying. Can’t fault his work rate but needs to do more going forward. He’s shown flashes but needs to do a lot more. Hopefully will see a lot more next season. No more first season excuses then!

Don't get me started on Antony. He's as productive as I am on Sunday after a few glasses of Jack. One dimensional player who's been found out after 2 months in the club. He needs to add much, much more to his game if he wants to succeed. What balance does he brings? This is not a ****** yoga session my fiend, the whole point of football is to create imbalances so you can take advantage of those situations.
Antony gets the ball and the next happens - cuts inside on his left foot and either shoots or passes sideways. Or he runs to the byline and cuts back following by backward pass to some defensive player. He couldn't even skin Dan Burn. Dan the turtle Burn.
But the main issue is - there's no alternative. This one is on ten Hag. He was bent on Antony.
Still to early to give a final judgement on him, but this season is a total miss for him.

Definitely.

That's a heck of a lot pf money Utd have tied up over the last two years in two wingers, Sancho and Antony, who have been absolute flops to date.

Sancho is a curious one. By just watching him you can see he has all the talent. Great with the ball in his feet, not so much without it. I'm far more optimistic about Sancho than Antony. I feel when United ( well, IF) finally gets a proper striker, Sancho will blossom.
Looking at stats, his shot creating actions and general ball progression is really, really good.

It's hilarious to see the reaction of the Newcastle fans after the win anyone one would think they had won the league when all they have is 3 points. Then again I suppose they have been so starved of success in the North East over the last few decades moving into 3rd in the league is like winning something.

Sancho is a curious one. By just watching him you can see he has all the talent. Great with the ball in his feet, not so much without it. I'm far more optimistic about Sancho than Antony. I feel when United ( well, IF) finally gets a proper striker, Sancho will blossom.
Looking at stats, his shot creating actions and general ball progression is really, really good.

Totally agree. I'd have loved him at r's. The top draw talent has never been in question. He's still one of the top prospects at his age in Europe regardless of his poor return to date.

But I think the problem you've had is the very reason we didn't pursue it. The crazy mad salary you went straight in with out fo the gate for a 19-year-old. You've little to no wiggle room there when you drop that on a kid.

Keeping them motivated after that when the financial incentive for improvement isn't an issue is a problem as Utd have discovered with the manager clamping down on his attitude.

True. He's on a mad salary. Probably was the only way to get him to United. I can only wish from this season on that will change and the wages will be more based on performance, like Liverpool ones.