The Manchester United Thread

Gavi is quite similar to Bruno. I’d say Pedri is more of what we need: incredibly press resistant, insane close control, rarely ever gives the ball away and superb decision making. He’s the glue we need to not just control games better but link the defense with attack properly. He’d be a proper compliment to Casemiro in every way.
Isnt Gavi the one who usually plays deeper? Pedri reminds me of Iniesta, while Gabi or Xavi. Could be wrong though.

Yep Gavi plays deeper
You sure? Don’t get me wrong, Pedri can contribute heavily in the final 3rd but anytime I watch him, he’s almost always right beside Busquets/FdJ. He does venture forward but he drops deep during the buildup.
In our away game against Barcelona for example, I remember Gavi taking up very advanced positions while Pedri kept things ticking in the center of the park

You sure? Don’t get me wrong, Pedri can contribute heavily in the final 3rd but anytime I watch him, he’s almost always right beside Busquets/FdJ. He does venture forward but he drops deep during the buildup.
In our away game against Barcelona for example, I remember Gavi taking up very advanced positions while Pedri kept things ticking in the center of the park
I'll trust you on this one since you probably watch Barca (football in general) more then me.

Well it’s the big day decider in the WSL if Chelsea win it’s there’s. A draw or loss and it’s ours. Just can’t see Chelsea dropping points at Reading. Liverpool away will be tough for us but we should be winning that.

Absolutely zero interest in the girls game. So with no personal rivalry there, I hope it works out better than the men's historically disgraceful visit this year for them.

Another win at fortress Old Trafford that second goal🤩 and you know when DDG saves a peno your on for a win lol. Still sloppy in the final 3rd a lot today but still created some very good chances. Our home record is absolutely ridiculous this season.

Will be the last time we see a lot of this mob in a United shirt thankfully. Really can see there being a mass clear out this summer. A fair fee leaving on frees and getting rid of unwanted squad players Maguire, Henderson, AWB, McTominey possibly Martial will raise enough cash what we need. Which imo is a STR, 2 CMs, RB, CB for us to close the gap and start challenging.

ETH has done wonders this season after the absolute **** show of last. The club has completely changed. And he defo has us on the right track. Just need to improve on that away form and we will be close. Loved his speech atm and has me pumped for the Cup.

Matej Kovar on his future: "It's not final yet. I think there are still a few days to make a decision, but if nothing changes, I should continue here [at Sparta Prague] for another year, this of which I am happy." #MUFC

🤩🤩🤩

Ten Hag: "I am expecting Lisandro Martínez back at the club in the coming days. He will be ready for the start of pre-season."

[@ViaplaySportsUK @TheEuropeanLad]

JUST IN:

Erik tem Hag on De Gea staying next season: “Yes, but I will not say he’ll always be my No 1 because in a club like Man United there must be competition in all positions.” [@henrywinter]

[When asked about Kane]
What we need besides Marcus Rashford is one extra player with scoring abilities whether it’s coming out of our own squad or we have to sign one.

[On the fans' "Glazers out" chants]
When you see the investment in the Premier League — [in the] summer window we did [spend] as well, to be fair. In the winter window, we didn’t do anything. We had loan players [Wout Weghorst, Marcel Sabitzer and Jack Butland] but when you look around, all the other clubs invested to be in the top four and we didn’t invest. You can’t ignore that. If you want to be competitive in this league, you have to invest. I need signings, yes.

[On whether Maguire will remain at United]
Let’s say I’m happy he’s here and when we needed him he did his job. But it’s also a decision he has to make.

[On de Gea's future]
Yes, but I will not say he’ll always be my No 1 because in a club like Man United there must be competition in all positions. You can’t do it with 11 players. It is impossible. You need double positions.