The Manchester United Thread

Thanks Mate.
Big lifestyle changes :confused: Been alcohol free for almost a month now (just to give my body the best chance).

Looking forward to the coming season. It looks like arsenal will be in the mix again, and it will be interesting to see how Newcastle push on from last season (and Poch at Chelsea of course).

Shaping up to be a good one (y)(y)
Yeah looking forward to it. Arsenal should be up there on money alone. Just not sure about there signings. And they seem to be losing 2/3 key players from last season. See how Newcastle handle juggling European footy. And I’m sure the circus at Chelsea will be interesting lol.

Good to watch some footy. Result wasn’t important but good to win any ways. Played some decent stuff the young lads. Can see some staking a claim this precseason

The club weren't at fault as such more a case of UEFA changing the rules.
Yeah I understand mate. But the way we have been doing things I’m not surprised. Paying crazy fees, crazy wages, crazy agents fees. Revenue not as high. We still owe nearly 400m in transfer payments from players brought. We have been run like amateur hour by the Glazers and Woodward

so will we after the takeover lol

I don't think the Glazers actually want to sell. As far as they are concerned, the club is on an upward trend and revenue will rise.

It's been what? 8 months since they teased that they wanted to sell?

I don't think the Glazers actually want to sell. As far as they are concerned, the club is on an upward trend and revenue will rise.

It's been what? 8 months since they teased that they wanted to sell?
2 of them defo don’t want to sell. The problem is the rest of the family and the rest of the shareholders do. They will sell but are trying to bleed every last penny out of one of the two buyers like they have done the club for 13 years. And like everything with the Glazers and United it’s a long drawn out circus.

Like Simon Stone said on his how to buy a club podcast. They might not want to sell but they simply can’t afford to run it anymore. The debt is crippling now. Revenue is lower and sponsors know what’s happening regarding how the club is run and are not happy about the bad press and online protests that are bombarding anything they post on social media that’s linked to United and there
Partnership together. United as a brand and attraction is nowhere near where it was or should be.

SJR was Joel and Avrams only hope but the pressure from the other siblings. And the sly backhanded way they tried to structure the deal and huge legal ramifications it will have legally regarding the other shareholders. Will have them in legal battles for god knows when.

Last edited: