The Manchester United Thread

🚨
Confirmed United squad vs Coventry: Onana, Heaton, Bayindir, Dalot, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Jackson, Ogunneye, Amass, Casemiro, Mainoo, Eriksen, McTominay, Fernandes, Garnacho, Antony, Rashford, Hojlund, Wheatley, Forson, Amad @ManUtdMEN

Lucky!! Patience wearing thin with ETH atm. I understand the injuries etc. but his subs are well and truly baffling and it’s costing us every match. Hes not helped by brain dead attackers either.

Lucky!! Patience wearing thin with ETH atm. I understand the injuries etc. but his subs are well and truly baffling and it’s costing us every match. Hes not helped by brain dead attackers either.
Sorry, but you cant let in 3 goals against a championship team after the 70th minute. Regardless of the personal, you have to control the game better. Saved by a toenail and var.

Sorry, but you cant let in 3 goals against a championship team after the 70th minute. Regardless of the personal, you have to control the game better. Saved by a toenail and var.
It’s sad when your two youngest players come off for two experienced internationals and the team falls to pieces. We absolutely fell apart when Garnacho and Mainoo went off. About the only 2 except for Maguire and Dalot that showed they wanted it.

Rashford, McTominey invisible again Fernandes always giving the ball away. AWB isn’t a LB but it’s no excuse for how poor he’s been. Casemiro is done and should be embarrassed after that penalty o top of a nightmare a CH. Hoijlund again no service running his *** off for nothing.

So much wrong with this squad not just team. **** OF A LOT of work for this new regime to do!

Except for Onana, Dalot, Martinez, Mainoo, Garnacho, Hoijlund and a few youngsters coming through the rest can all be sold/ released.

lol wtf was that sorry he has to go aswell as most of the team im glad i was at work

Time has come imo. Fans have had enough. Clubs new higher ups need to realise it’s time to move on and he’s no longer “potential” or “young talent” ETH needs to stop selecting him! Luckily now he’s gonna be out a while.

Samuel Luckhurst

@samuelluckhurst
·
We were in the west press box (among Coventry fans) so amid the din after the equaliser and anticipation of ET, the booing of Rashford wasn't as audible as on TV. Relationship between player and matchgoers is broken. In the interests of all parties he goes in the summer. #mufc

Time has come imo. Fans have had enough. Clubs new higher ups need to realise it’s time to move on and he’s no longer “potential” or “young talent” ETH needs to stop selecting him! Luckily now he’s gonna be out a while.

Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst
·
We were in the west press box (among Coventry fans) so amid the din after the equaliser and anticipation of ET, the booing of Rashford wasn't as audible as on TV. Relationship between player and matchgoers is broken. In the interests of all parties he goes in the summer. #mufc
That contract in hindsight looks like an awful deal now. Locked in on wages that lets be honest only top clubs can afford. Your best bet is PSG take him after mbappe leaves in the summer.

That contract in hindsight looks like an awful deal now. Locked in on wages that lets be honest only top clubs can afford. Your best bet is PSG take him after mbappe leaves in the summer.
Sums up the mismanagement at the club. EIther that or hope one of the Saudi clubs want him.

James Ducker
@TelegraphDucker
·
EXCL. Ten Hag will effectively be on trial over the next month as #MUFC’s new technical director Jason Wilcox conducts an audit of the manager’s credentials & dressing room relations before the club makes a final decision on the Dutchman’s future

🚨
| #mufc have tasked Jason Wilcox with providing a detailed assessment of Ten Hag’s strengths + weaknesses and relationship with the squad to better determine whether his approach can fit the overarching style of play and philosophy they intend to pursue. [@TelegraphDucker]

🚨
| Jason Wilcox is expected to closely appraise Ten Hag’s training sessions over the coming weeks. He will also hold extensive talks with the manager, staff and players during his analysis. [@TelegraphDucker]

#mufc want to establish a clearly defined “game model” - a cohesive playing style and identity, that breaks the cycle of incoherent hiring and flawed squad-building. Technical director Jason Wilcox has been tasked with implementing that vision. [@TelegraphDucker]

Technical Director Jason Wilcox has been tasked with implementing an overarching playing vision for #mufc, so as to ensure recruitment is no longer of the scattergun variety but anchored towards a specific methodology, identity and style of play. [@TelegraphDucker]

Jason Wilcox interview to be released on Friday. Apparently he’s going to confirm a lot of what Ducker is reporting.

McTominey and Rashford out for Sheffield Utd match.

Also Garnacho and Bruno doubtful.

Last edited:
From the presser:

Simon Stone
@sistoney67
·
Erik ten Hag calls external reaction to @ManUtd win on Sunday ‘embarrassing’ and ‘a disgrace’.

🚨
| When Ten Hag walked into today's pre-match presser, he said, "Good morning," correcting some who said, "Good afternoon.""Sharp. I notice not everyone is sharp here," Ten Hag noted. When he was asked who is not sharp, he replied: "Oh, the majority I would say."[MEN]

From the presser:

Simon Stone
@sistoney67
·
Erik ten Hag calls external reaction to @ManUtd win on Sunday ‘embarrassing’ and ‘a disgrace’.

🚨
| When Ten Hag walked into today's pre-match presser, he said, "Good morning," correcting some who said, "Good afternoon.""Sharp. I notice not everyone is sharp here," Ten Hag noted. When he was asked who is not sharp, he replied: "Oh, the majority I would say."[MEN]
It’s nauseating listening to Ten Hag’s press conferences these days to the point that I hope he genuinely doesn’t believe what comes out of his mouth. Feels like he shrieks from taking responsibility: when we lose, it’s about how well we play, when we win, it’s about the results.

🚨
Harry Amass, Louis Jackson, Habeeb Ogunneye & Ethan Wheatley are expected to be involved today in the Cup Final vs Man City with the U18s. They are also expected to be in the squad with the 1st team tomorrow.