The Manchester United Thread

I want to know what the heck he is telling Anthony and Garnacho to do coz they sure aren't looking for Hojlund with their passes. Wingers should cross the ball not go for goal themselves.

I want to know what the heck he is telling Anthony and Garnacho to do coz they sure aren't looking for Hojlund with their passes. Wingers should cross the ball not go for goal themselves.
Should be a balance tbh. But the STR at OT have been working a graveyard shift for years

Maybe I'm old and grumpy? But football seems to be eating itself with it's overcomplicated approach these days.
It's a convoluted mess of "inverted this" and "False Nine" that.

It's like drugs... People need more, more more... Give me new stuff!! Evolve!! Give me more things to insta about.

Just play f.ucking football lads.

Should be a balance tbh. But the STR at OT have been working a graveyard shift for years
There currently is a lack of balance especially where crosses are concerned. I've nothing against a winger who dribbles and scores but the wingers currently don't even manage that. All they seem to do is constantly go down blind alleys then either go for goal themselves with the speciatular or send in a cross which is never going to get where the striker can put it in the net.

It’s really hard to keep defending this manager. Think it could be time to make the break.

Devastating for Utd as they just could not afford to not be in next season's expanded CL.

As if the club wasn't in enough S to start with, that set's them back even further financially.

Not sure how he survives that into a third year.

BREAKING: To further enhance Jason Wilcox’s assessments in the coming weeks and months there is a plan to recruit an experienced fitness coach. In addition to the FA’s Head of Performance Steve Kemp, Bayern’s Holger Broich has also been named, who has worked with Ten Hag before, sources confirmed. [
@SamC_reports
] #mufc

Overall, there is a very positive mood around Carrington with Jason Wilcox having met people all around the complex. In private, he has acknowledged that the tactical ineptitude of the playing squad is for the most part a direct consequence of the injuries sustained to players in crucial positions for the playing style intended. [
@SamC_reports
] #mufc

EXCLUSIVE: Erik ten Hag and his staff feel that the lack of technical and communicational support from those previously and currently above has left him out to dry and have left him vulnerable to media and fan scrutiny this season, I’m told. There have been many things happening behind the scenes - most of which were out of Ten Hag’s hands - but he’s been left to deal with the consequences.

EXCLUSIVE:

He Wilcox has been on the training ground during sessions to assess the intensity using metrics previously used in the academy of Manchester City, I’m informed.

Last edited:
Looking at reports this morning from various sources. Looks like Ineos and the new guys that Ineos have brought in especially Wilcox are understanding of the issues ETH has had to face at the club and this season. And will be given another chance.

U18s lost 1-3 yesterday. Most the team that just won the league and the cup didn’t feature and was nearly all u16s players.

Neithan Barbosa scored for the u16s in their 2-1 win vs Sunderland — also listed on the bench for the U18s. Siem Eyob-Abraha with the other.

The U13s beat Liverpool and face Man City today in the Nationals Final. Kickoff 12:45 BST.

Commiserations to our U13s, who finished second in the U13 International Tournament yesterday after final defeat vs City.

Regardless, valuable experience and good work done to make it into the final after wins vs Liverpool and Chelsea.

Well done boys 👏

#MUFC #MUAcademy

Wonder what MUTV’s excuse is for not showing the U21s game today. Anyway, the starting XI vs Southampton:

Harrison

Ogunneye
Jackson
Aljofree
Amass

McAllister
Curley

Forson
Mather
Williams

Wheatley

Subs: Kingdon, Murray, Devaney, Scanlon, McNeill

Nice to see Jackson, Amass and Wheatley get some much-needed game time. Strong young team overall.

U21s FT 3-6 (Wheatley 2, Williams 2, Mather, McNeill)

Up to 11th in the table. Finishing inside the top 12 would secure European football for our academy next season. Our decent goal difference could become handy in that hunt too.

11) United +13 29
12) Palace +2 28
- - -
13) Brighton -3 28
14) Forest -3 27

All of Palace (Spurs H), Brighton (Wolves A) and Forest (Reading H) face teams above us in their final fixtures later tonight.

We’ll face one of Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Sunderland and Reading in the first knockout stage.

I don’t think 150k wages he’s on is to bad tbh. Hes quality just can’t stay fit unfortunately
Fair enough but he cant stay fit and anything above 100k a week is breaking the wage structure for most clubs not in the PL and even in the PL apart from the top 6 no one is paying 100k plus a week for a fullback who cant stay fit. Another in the list of players who will run down his contract and leave for a free.

Speaking about wages I was intrigued to see the first-team squad players wages and my god this is negligence at the highest level. Only bettered by Boehly and his madness over the years. Sure some of these might not be somewhat accurate but no wonder you had the likes of Maguire deciding to sit his *** on the bench last summer than go Westham. Some of these players are either being paid off or riding out their contract. No one else is giving out these sorts of wages to them.