The Manchester United Thread

Fair enough but he cant stay fit and anything above 100k a week is breaking the wage structure for most clubs not in the PL and even in the PL apart from the top 6 no one is paying 100k plus a week for a fullback who cant stay fit. Another in the list of players who will run down his contract and leave for a free.
The difference between Shaw and other injury prone players is that Shaw is actually class, well...when fit. Someone would take him.

Speaking about wages I was intrigued to see the first-team squad players wages and my god this is negligence at the highest level. Only bettered by Boehly and his madness over the years. Sure some of these might not be somewhat accurate but no wonder you had the likes of Maguire deciding to sit his *** on the bench last summer than go Westham. Some of these players are either being paid off or riding out their contract. No one else is giving out these sorts of wages to them.

Yeah, basically no financial motivation for these players. They are set for life once they get 'that' fat contract from United.
It is a terrible system, mostly used by Americans who don't know difference between football and American Football.

Speaking about wages I was intrigued to see the first-team squad players wages and my god this is negligence at the highest level. Only bettered by Boehly and his madness over the years. Sure some of these might not be somewhat accurate but no wonder you had the likes of Maguire deciding to sit his *** on the bench last summer than go Westham. Some of these players are either being paid off or riding out their contract. No one else is giving out these sorts of wages to them.

6 of those will defo be gone as there out of contract. 7 inc Brandon Williams in the loaned section. That will clear a huge chunk out. Then I would be surprised if the likes of Casemiro, Sancho, Greenwood, dVB, Hannibal, Pellistri, Fernandez, AWB, Linderlof are still even here even Shaw. Come the start of next season it won’t look anything like that. And hopefully Ineos can start putting things right this summer. In terms of fees, wages, agent costs. We have needed a mass clear out for ages. But the Glazers have been afraid to take the hit and make a loss on assets that are not of any use/ good enough. Add to that not having people at the top capable of being creative in the market. One thing Ineos have shown in the short time incharge there not afraid to make big changes and clear the decks as shown at the massive clear out at executive level. And huge reduction in staff already. Not to mention taking away the ridiculous club perks they have been taking advantage of for years.

Last edited:
Wow that’s Ineos done a complete and total wipe out of everyone at exec level.

Next up the total clearance of the playing squad. Just as long as other clubs don't try to put forward stupid low offers, but it wouldn't surprise me considering the sort of stupid offers that the outgoing execs use to put forward.

Next up the total clearance of the playing squad. Just as long as other clubs don't try to put forward stupid low offers, but it wouldn't surprise me considering the sort of stupid offers that the outgoing execs use to put forward.
Hopefully we get rid of some much unwanted dross collected over the years and many managers

Briefing after today’s exec meating. Everyone reporting this close to Utd.

🚨
| #mufc continue to insist they are planning with Ten Hag for next season. INEOS believe that United's executive team above Ten Hag did not provide him with the greatest chance to succeed.The lack of clear alternatives, the cost of firing him and hiring a replacement is also factored into Ten Hag's favour. [
@TheAthleticFC
]

EXCLUSIVE: Ratcliffe said in today’s EXEC meeting that he is very confident Dan Ashworth will soon be a Manchester United employee - despite Ashworth needing to enter arbitration to extricate himself from Newcastle United. @TheAthleticFC

BREAKING:Anthony Martial and Jonny Evans are BACK in #mufc training. via @SkySportsNews

Lisandro Martinez and Luke Shaw are on the grass now but won’t be back in full first team training till next week.

Briefing after today’s exec meating. Everyone reporting this close to Utd.

🚨
| #mufc continue to insist they are planning with Ten Hag for next season. INEOS believe that United's executive team above Ten Hag did not provide him with the greatest chance to succeed.The lack of clear alternatives, the cost of firing him and hiring a replacement is also factored into Ten Hag's favour. [
@TheAthleticFC
]

Precisely what I was afraid of. Ashworth also doesn’t like to make major decisions when he’s walking into the job plus the managerial market is sort of dry atm.

Not to say it’s a terrible decision but it just feel ETH lucked out here. I just wouldn’t want to hear a word about contract renewal

Really hope she stays!!

It seems there are going to be a number of factors that determine if Melvine Malard remains a Man Utd player next season after her loan ends. She's certainly become popular with fans. The FA Cup QF at Brighton has been a particular standout as to the difference she can make and LSV was electric when she scored off the bench against Arsenal on her WSL debut.

Marc Skinner: "She definitely has the qualities. If it fits and it works for both Melvine and Lyon, and for Manchester United, then we'll look at making it happen. But we have to make sure we have a clear assessment going forward to make it happen. But I've been impressed with Melvine, particularly as a character as well. She's a really top person.

"Melvine's predominantly played left side for Lyon in the past. But since we've put Melvine in the 'nine', I feel like she's got that deadly finisher's touch. If we can get her into the box, she has that quality to finish. We've evolved throughout the season with her and it's something we're assessing. She can be proud of what she's done lately and continued to add to the team."#MUWomen

Manchester United U21’s take-on Arsenal in the Premier League 2 play offs this evening. XI: Mee (GK), Kingdon, Murray, Bennett, Aljofree (C), Collyer, Williams, Oyedele, McNeill, Mather & Scanlon. Subs: Devaney, Curley, Biancheri, Huddlestone, Kamason. #MUFC #MUAcademy

From Adam Crafton latest Athletic article

**Text of Sir Jim Ratcliffe's letter to Man Utd Employees (via similar Article on DM):

>‘I had a good two-day visit to both Carrington and Old Trafford this week. As ever I was made to feel very welcome. Thank you,’ Ratcliffe’s note, which was sent to all staff and seen by Mail Sport, began.

>‘I had a good tour around some of the facilities. **I am afraid I was struck in many places by a high degree of untidiness. In particular the IT department which frankly was a disgrace and the dressing rooms of the U18 and U21 were not much better.

>These standards would not come close to what we would expect at INEOS and we are a chemical company. Manchester United is an elite sporting organisation.

>‘It's a small thing in many ways but unless an organisation has standards and discipline it will not succeed.’

>‘I would be grateful in future if we adopt the proper standards of housekeeping everywhere,’ he continued.

>‘It reflects poorly on the club if we have visitors, young player parents, new players and the media and they see we don't care enough to keep things shipshape.’

From Adam Crafton latest Athletic article

**Text of Sir Jim Ratcliffe's letter to Man Utd Employees (via similar Article on DM):

>‘I had a good two-day visit to both Carrington and Old Trafford this week. As ever I was made to feel very welcome. Thank you,’ Ratcliffe’s note, which was sent to all staff and seen by Mail Sport, began.

>‘I had a good tour around some of the facilities. **I am afraid I was struck in many places by a high degree of untidiness. In particular the IT department which frankly was a disgrace and the dressing rooms of the U18 and U21 were not much better.

>These standards would not come close to what we would expect at INEOS and we are a chemical company. Manchester United is an elite sporting organisation.

>‘It's a small thing in many ways but unless an organisation has standards and discipline it will not succeed.’

>‘I would be grateful in future if we adopt the proper standards of housekeeping everywhere,’ he continued.

>‘It reflects poorly on the club if we have visitors, young player parents, new players and the media and they see we don't care enough to keep things shipshape.’
I’m more concerned on how this got leaked