The Manchester United Thread

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
images

Manchester United discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the greatest football club in the world, Manchester United. Following the success of the other discussion threads for Chelsea and Liverpool I thought that we United fans deserved a thread to share our opinions on the daily news involving the club we all support and love. Their are many United fans on this site so hopefully this thread will be a success.

In this thread, supporters are free to discuss any news that may involve Manchester United whether it be transfer romours, injuries or even a Manchester United player caught buying a dogdy shirt from the local shopping center.

In this thread:
  • Latest team news
  • Transfer romours
  • Injury news
  • Your views and opinions
  • Been to the match? Why not upload a picture or video
  • Pre and post match news
  • Youth/Reserve team news, fixtures and results
Please note that whilst banter is welcome from fans from other club, please don't come in to this thread with the intention to causing pointless arguements. Thanks

Last edited:
Great to see this and nice OP Stubbs,

I will start it off by discussing tonight's fixture against Schalke,

Personally I recon it will be close but we can surely come through this comfortably if we play our flowing football like we did against Everton surely this German outfit will not be able to cope.

Worlds greatest football club? I might disagree with that :D Both spanish giants are still ahead i think? Atleast Madrid is.

But great job in starting this.

Last edited:
Great to see this and nice OP Stubbs,

I will start it off by discussing tonight's fixture against Schalke,

Personally I recon it will be close but we can surely come through this comfortably if we play our flowing football like we did against Everton surely this German outfit will not be able to cope.

Thanks mate, i'm surprised a thread like this hadn't been started earlier.

On tonights fixture, I believe it will be a close "just do not lose" type of match. Schalke being the home side i'm sure will have too attack and try to grab a goal or two. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world but with the form we have been on off late i'm hopefully of a victory. Wayne Rooney i'm sure will be key tonight as he is on so many occassions and I think he'll grap a goal tonight. My predictions would be a closely thought 2-1 victory with Rooney and Park scoring for United with Farfan grabbing a goal for the Germans.

Last edited:
Good to see these sort of threads being started. No dout i will post in here in the future.

216092_10150214403412803_703202802_8337967_5445070_n.jpg

215505_10150214403962803_703202802_8337978_2402773_n.jpg

226677_10150214404317803_703202802_8337981_776977_n.jpg

Free meal, free bar, best seats in the house for the Chelsea game in the champo league. Sure, I'm a posh **** and 'not a real fan' but anyone who says they'd turn it down is lying.

Read today that United have secured the signing of Raphael Varane from Lens, there are a lot of talented youngsters at Lens if FM 2011 is anything to go by, so lets hope Varane can live up to his -9 PA.

As for tonight, Fergie's old enemy and one of the players he admires most; Raul, will surely put in a big performance and i have a feeling he will score. 1-1 is my prediction.

216092_10150214403412803_703202802_8337967_5445070_n.jpg

215505_10150214403962803_703202802_8337978_2402773_n.jpg

226677_10150214404317803_703202802_8337981_776977_n.jpg

Free meal, free bar, best seats in the house for the Chelsea game in the champo league. Sure, I'm a posh **** and 'not a real fan' but anyone who says they'd turn it down is lying.

I thought the Rovers executive boxes were swish! Wow :O

Best bit was the touch screen console that controlled the entire box. Could do anything form switch the TV channels; Sky sports, MUTV etc, to ordering more drinks that were bought through within seconds of tapping them in on the screen. The most interesting part was probably the 3 different light settings; match mode, dim, and meal mode.

Good to see these sort of threads being started. No dout i will troll in here in the future.

Fixed :p
Well, Im not going to say much for a start, only I'll be happy with a draw today :)

possible 2011/12 away shirt?

Nike+11+12+Manchester+United+Away+Black+Football+Shirt-img-thumb_1302252849796038215.jpg

Picture taken from RedCafe (new kit discussion)

What do you guys think of this? I personally wouldn't be too disapointed if this was our away kit next season, i'd buy it. Have always liked United in black.​

Previous pics of the possible away shirt have been a blue stripey one, which i much prefer to the black.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

man-utd-away.png

I think that it looks horrible. Looks like fake though.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I was talking about the black one in my post. Blue one is not too shabby but I like this years away. The home one was good too but I prefered the AIG one with the V on it.

Tonight, I think Schalke will win 1-0 but can see United going through in 2 legs.

I always liked our kits, like my pal would say " best kits in the world" and he is barca fan ( yes, glory hunter :D )..
@Cjakco.... well, I know how passionate your love for man utd is :D

Going to say think Man Utd will win tonight 1-0, Rooney to score. good luck to Utd. Want Brit teams to do well regardless if rivals or not.

Is it open for all the supporters discussing about our club? Or other club supporters should post only positively about ManUtd like "ManUtd will win the league" like that. Coz that is what i have seen in other thread.

BTW, Stubbs, good that you took initiative to start the thread for our club. Good OP too... :)

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

This was the best away kit i have seen for years. Loved it..

7805.jpg

Is it open for all the supporters discussing about our club? Or other club supporters should post only positively about ManUtd like "ManUtd will win the league" like that. Coz that is what i have seen in other thread.

BTW, Stubbs, good that you took initiative to start the thread for our club. Good OP too... :)

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

7805.jpg

thanks mate, as I have already said i'm surprised that someone hadn't opened one already lol

the thread is mainly for United fans who wish to discuss all things United but is open to all members of fmbase as long as they don't come on here looking to start a pointless arguement.

yeah, loved that shirt! 4 Hargreaves on the back... still wear it to games now lol

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/england/62984-chelsea-discussion-6.html :D You'll get the picture ;)