The Manchester United Thread

Throughout the years we had Cole/Yorke/Ole/Teddy. Ruud/Rooney/Saha/Forlan. Rooney/Tevez/Berba. Rooney/Berba/Welbeck/Hernandez. Rooney/RVP/Welbeck/Hernandez. I can't understand what people aren't grasping about needing a full squad of proper options.

I understand people putting faith in Martial, but remember Ole wanted Haaland. Even someone like Jimenez would be a very good signing in my opinion.

I loved (or hated dependent on your viewpoint as an opposition fan), how Ferguson always added more goals regardless of what he already had. He was never afraid to strengthen an already strong area.

Keeps the established lads on their toes but bottom line, this is a simple game when you boil it down. Goals win football matches and the overall standard of defending in England is still real poor. The more firepower you can have in your arsenal the better off you're going to be.

He's a very expensive version of Nathaniel Clyne. Sound if that's the type of solid FB you want.

But a very strange purchase given the only way Solksjaer appears to know how to play.
He’s a lot better than Clyne mate come on. I agree he defo wasn’t worth the fee though but that goes for most transfers these days unfortunately

He’s a lot better than Clyne mate come on. I agree he defo wasn’t worth the fee though but that goes for most transfers these days unfortunately

I honestly don't see any difference. People forget in his absence from the spotlight, but Clyne was an International FB pushing for a regular place in that squad. When healthy, Clyne's a consistent 7/8 out of 10 defender every game that you can totally rely on without any worries over a season.(I'd take a fully healthy Clyne on an island one-on-one as I type but AWB can develop more there given he's a relatively inexperienced FB and young. He dives in way too much and get's mad SM 'wows' through it when he's out of position to begin with. Not looked anywhere near as solid as he did in the Hodges ultra-defensive system.). He has the pace and stamina to get up and down like Wan-Biasska. But he's as inconsistent as AWB when he goes forward. Which is more bizarre on the Utd lad as his background at Palace coming through was as a winger before injury forced the training ground change. You'd think that would have been the natural side to his game.

We've evolved to leave that style of FB behind. But someone will get a very solid veteran FB if Clyne stays healthy for the last few years of his career.

Fabrizio Ramano saying that Pogba is close to agreeing a new contract after talks with Riola and the player in the last days. And Sancho has progressed these weeks and will further over the next 2. Utd using Havertz price to drive down Dortmund’s.

Just finished watching the game again. Don’t know why lol. But TFM looked good again when he came on. Rapid at closing down attackers and got a few good interceptions in again. Maybe time for AWB to have a rest for a game or 2. Eric Bailly been released from hospital today with no ill effects.

AWB was probably our player of season before lockdown, since has gone downhill badly.... but Ole is overplaying him so much it's ridiculous.

We need another RB who will complete for that spot and at least rotate every so often.

AWB was probably our player of season before lockdown, since has gone downhill badly.... but Ole is overplaying him so much it's ridiculous.

We need another RB who will complete for that spot and at least rotate every so often.
Agree. Dalot seems out of favour. Looks like he’s starting to trust TFM and Laird will be in the squad next season.

Just watched an interview with Mejbri that he did yesterday. Sounds like he will be getting mine next season.

Any indication why Dalot is out of favor?
No idea mate. Read quite a few articles he wants to be a starter. Maybe Ole just doesn’t fancy him. And would prefer to give TFM and Laird his squad role. While still be able to get a good fee in for him for summer spending.

I love Martial and I think he probably would end up the better player compared to Jimenez but if I were to pick from both players NOW, I'd pick him ?. He's playing for wolves yet he racks up a lot of goals and his hold up play is mint too. He's the type of striker that'd compliment a possession-oriented side as well as a counter-attacking side to. I'm sorry but if we end up buying Jimenez, I see him benching Martial (unless we're going to be playing with 2 up top)

Jimenez isn’t a player that suits us at all. Martial all day for me plus he’s better than him now anyway.

Can't believe we're even discussing the possibility of an alternative to Martial... he has been the best striker in PL since lockdown.

Ridiculous how his game has come on lately, he has off the ball movement and hold up play to his game which he never had before.

I may agree that we need another striker when Ighalo leaves for backup, but nothing more. Jimenez would cost a bomb and I doubt that's ever happening, especially when/if Sancho joins this summer.

Oh and did Scouse really try to compare AWB (the good version before lockdown and Palace) to Clyne? :ROFLMAO:

Dafuq... AWB in form defensively is one of the best full backs I've seen in the PL certainly in last few years, BUT as we've already mentioned - since lockdown has been different story... I assume due to how overplayed he is.

In form AWB, no one can get past him, even out of form... no one really does.

Oh and did Scouse really try to compare AWB (the good version before lockdown and Palace) to Clyne? :ROFLMAO:

Dafuq... AWB in form defensively is one of the best full backs I've seen in the PL certainly in last few years, BUT as we've already mentioned - since lockdown has been different story... I assume due to how overplayed he is.

In form AWB, no one can get past him, even out of form... no one really does.
Zaha did on a few occasions ?

Jacek Kulig

15-year-old Sergey Pinyaev has started and scored a nice goal for FC Chertanovo's first-team in a friendly today. Huge talent. Already on the Manchester United way.

Chertanovo academy director Nikolai Larin about Pinyaev's trial at Man United: "At Man United, they say that Pinyaev is the brightest player who has come to the club for an internship over the past 15 years." He will join United when he turns 18.