The Manchester United Thread

Last player to do that move was Reece Devine in 2018 I believe.
If I remember correctly he was actually on our books till 11 then City managed to get him. Grass wasn’t greener I guess. See. Him live a couple of times. Absolute deadly finisher good passing also. Not a great dribbler. Could likely make a good 10 also.

If I remember correctly he was actually on our books till 11 then City managed to get him. Grass wasn’t greener I guess. See. Him live a couple of times. Absolute deadly finisher good passing also. Not a great dribbler. Could likely make a good 10 also.
A certain G Lineker wasn't a dribbler either but he still managed to find a place in the England team for a 'short' time :ROFLMAO:

Pele would score goals in his back garden and add them to his stats.

Eh, it's not like he doctored his stats or something. World Cup is every 4 years, so the only opportunity he had to play against best teams in the world, was to go on these tours where they challenged local clubs to a game. Not much of a point comparing that era to modern game where the structure of international football is more established. Back then the cup competitions were just starting out, transfers were rare, so everybody did these weird and unofficial matches of Rest of The World vs. England or Brazil vs. Europe and **** like this.

Plus we're talking about 1960s football, even the friendlies were probably more physical than todays competitive game where you can't touch opposing player with a feather without hearing a whistle.

Eh, it's not like he doctored his stats or something. World Cup is every 4 years, so the only opportunity he had to play against best teams in the world, was to go on these tours where they challenged local clubs to a game. Not much of a point comparing that era to modern game where the structure of international football is more established. Back then the cup competitions were just starting out, transfers were rare, so everybody did these weird and unofficial matches of Rest of The World vs. England or Brazil vs. Europe and **** like this.

Plus we're talking about 1960s football, even the friendlies were probably more physical than todays competitive game where you can't touch opposing player with a feather without hearing a whistle.
Whether or not his stats are doctored, he is not the top scorer ever that claim is apparently held by a Czech called Josef Bican who scored 805 goals (for club and country). Pele isn't even second on the list that spot is claimed by another Brazilian Romerio, Pele is only 3rd.

It was a joke, it's not tha deep.

So the day of reckoning is upon us lads. Could also be the defining moment for OGS as well in terms of his job security at Man United (granted we're still in the Europa league but it'll give him peace of mind knowing he's secured UCL football)

Hardly surprising considering they need to win or pray Wolves do a job on Chelsea if it's a draw.

Passing must be much better, though Leicester are pressing good. Question for how long can they do it.

I don't even get what our gameplan has been in this game..... every time we attack with any degree of pace we can cause Leicester problems. But it has took us 46 minutes to actually start attacking with any intent. Just a very poor performance from United, given Leicester 3 great chances through unforced errors, they could have easily scored 1 or 2.

Leicester want this game to go long (time wise) and they'll go for it at the end, what on earth are we even trying to do?

Both teams playing not to win even though we have been slightly better team. Grew into it the last 10 and looked liked we upped it a bit.