The Manchester United Thread

Good tactic against you is just have the ball on your wing backs and there wont be anything happening. West Ham did it and now Leicester is trying the same.

J Lingz!!!!!! CL here we come!!! Get the **** in what an effort by our lads since the new year and end of lockdown. Absolutely ******* buzzing ?????

Well got the job done, keep improving in the summer and who knows what next season can bring... we'll be back where we belong either way, competing with the elite.

Well, we are back in the CL, definitely. That helps. A bit pants today (and recently), but I would put that down to overall fatigue. Wasn't too impressed with the defence, and giving the ball away (thought Lindelof was good, though!). And lets face it, noone would have thought we would be here when footy resumed, so huge props for that!

Now, we need to recruit properly. And have atleast one good window (I honestly can't remember the last good transfer window we had - last few Fergie ones were pants too, maybe RvP). A starter RW, and squad players in CM, ST and maybe another winger, and I'll be very happy. Maybe Koulibaly or Ake too, if they become cheap (although, considering homegrown player, you have to assume City would be all over Ake).

Well, we are back in the CL, definitely. That helps. A bit pants today (and recently), but I would put that down to overall fatigue. Wasn't too impressed with the defence, and giving the ball away (thought Lindelof was good, though!). And lets face it, noone would have thought we would be here when footy resumed, so huge props for that!

Now, we need to recruit properly. And have atleast one good window (I honestly can't remember the last good transfer window we had - last few Fergie ones were pants too, maybe RvP). A starter RW, and squad players in CM, ST and maybe another winger, and I'll be very happy. Maybe Koulibaly or Ake too, if they become cheap (although, considering homegrown player, you have to assume City would be all over Ake).
Agree Linderlof was class today. Thought Matic was also driving the team on. A good way for Williams and Greenwood to end there debit full seasons.

Defo need a RW starter think we know who that will be. A multifunctional Midfielder. And a CB. Can’t see us and don’t really think we need a ST till next season. CB will be an interesting one.Think Ake and Koulibaly will end up at City despite the latter sayings he’s happy at Napoli.

Who would of thought after that Burnley shambles we would of gone the rest of the season unbeaten in the league.

Very happy with this season as a whole. 2 Dom cup semi finals. 3rd in the league.Good transfers ons and outs. And a improvement on style, fitness, mentality, pressing. Still much work to be done and improvements but good strides forwards.

Couple weeks rest now before the Europa. Play the kids in the second leg against LASK. Then rotate during the final stages as we can’t have players going into next season after a quick turn around tired.

We need Sancho, a creative CM rotation option as key. Then either another wide rotation option if Lingard goes. Or an elite defender, because actually overall defence has been good. Then see where else we can improve depending on players sold

Agree Linderlof was class today. Thought Matic was also driving the team on. A good way for Williams and Greenwood to end there debit full seasons.

Defo need a RW starter think we know who that will be. A multifunctional Midfielder. And a CB. Can’t see us and don’t really think we need a ST till next season. CB will be an interesting one.Think Ake and Koulibaly will end up at City despite the latter sayings he’s happy at Napoli.

Who would of thought after that Burnley shambles we would of gone the rest of the season unbeaten in the league.

Very happy with this season as a whole. 2 Dom cup semi finals. 3rd in the league.Good transfers ons and outs. And a improvement on style, fitness, mentality, pressing. Still much work to be done and improvements but good strides forwards.

Couple weeks rest now before the Europa. Play the kids in the second leg against LASK. Then rotate during the final stages as we can’t have players going into next season after a quick turn around tired.
Yeah, that was an impressive turnaround, to be honest. Mind you, I still am undecided about Ole, but atleast he is moving in the transfer market, and flogging off under-performing players while getting in young, talented ones (or trying to). So, atleast the transfer side of things is seeming decent. As for the playing and coaching, I still have my doubts. I will reserve my judgement till next season. I still feel Ole is the stop-gap manager - clear the squad and get a fresh, talented one in for the next manager who can come in - the pre-cursor if you will. But I would love to be proven wrong.

We need Sancho, a creative CM rotation option as key. Then either another wide rotation option if Lingard goes. Or an elite defender, because actually overall defence has been good. Then see where else we can improve depending on players sold
Yeah. I know there have been many reports stating that CL wouldn't matter, but I honestly don't think we could have gotten Sancho w/o CL. He would probably have opted to stay at Dortmund. As it is, it is still dicey. Hope we do pull it off, that pace and movement in the front three would be truly scary.

But outside of that, we still need quality depth on the wings. As of now, we have James, Chong and Lingard (not counting Greenwood) - not very promising. Need to offload Lingard, and get a quality wide player who can start pushing for a starting berth - the quality drop-off outside of the starters is scary, especially with CL and more football/injuries coming our way.

We do need a creative CM, but hopefully, someone who can play from deep. Fernandes has been a revelation, but god, does he need a rest. I honestly wouldn't touch either Grealish/Maddison - both too expensive to think about, probably. Would love van de Beek or someone in his mould - I honestly wanted him last summer, when we were initially linked with him. A shame Gomes didn't develop as much as we would have liked, he would have been perfect for this conundrum - he often played as a deep lying playmaker for the reserves.

I would really like an elite CB (Koulibaly/Ake), but I'm not very fussed if we don't get one in. We can continue to blood in Tuanzebe, while Bailly is present for backup (and Jones, if he is not sold/ever becomes fit). I quite like Skriniar, mind, and if we can get some sort of option on him (in return for Sanchez), that would honestly be the deal of the window.

Yeah, that was an impressive turnaround, to be honest. Mind you, I still am undecided about Ole, but atleast he is moving in the transfer market, and flogging off under-performing players while getting in young, talented ones (or trying to). So, atleast the transfer side of things is seeming decent. As for the playing and coaching, I still have my doubts. I will reserve my judgement till next season. I still feel Ole is the stop-gap manager - clear the squad and get a fresh, talented one in for the next manager who can come in - the pre-cursor if you will. But I would love to be proven wrong.

Yeah. I know there have been many reports stating that CL wouldn't matter, but I honestly don't think we could have gotten Sancho w/o CL. He would probably have opted to stay at Dortmund. As it is, it is still dicey. Hope we do pull it off, that pace and movement in the front three would be truly scary.

But outside of that, we still need quality depth on the wings. As of now, we have James, Chong and Lingard (not counting Greenwood) - not very promising. Need to offload Lingard, and get a quality wide player who can start pushing for a starting berth - the quality drop-off outside of the starters is scary, especially with CL and more football/injuries coming our way.

We do need a creative CM, but hopefully, someone who can play from deep. Fernandes has been a revelation, but god, does he need a rest. I honestly wouldn't touch either Grealish/Maddison - both too expensive to think about, probably. Would love van de Beek or someone in his mould - I honestly wanted him last summer, when we were initially linked with him. A shame Gomes didn't develop as much as we would have liked, he would have been perfect for this conundrum - he often played as a deep lying playmaker for the reserves.

I would really like an elite CB (Koulibaly/Ake), but I'm not very fussed if we don't get one in. We can continue to blood in Tuanzebe, while Bailly is present for backup (and Jones, if he is not sold/ever becomes fit). I quite like Skriniar, mind, and if we can get some sort of option on him (in return for Sanchez), that would honestly be the deal of the window.

Ake is not elite ??