The Manchester United Thread

If reports are true, United offered 350k per week to Sancho. Jesus.

You want the player you pay the sum. Simple.

Interesting take on team-building and the changies.

This isn't Sancho related by any means, it goes for anyone, just given all the players that have tipped up at Utd for all the wrong reasons since Ferguson, ie financially, you'd think you'd have far more caution on statements like that.

But again, it's every football fans prerogative to have selective standards when it comes to their own club. It's the nature of being one.

Last edited:
interesting take on team-building and the changies.

This isn't Sancho related by any means, it goes for anyone, just given all the players that have tipped up at Utd for all the wrong reasons since Ferguson, ie financially, you'd think you'd have far more caution on statements like that.

But again, it's every football fans prerogative to have selective standards when it comes to their own club. It's the nature of being one.
Think the difference is from past transfers Di Maria, Sanchez is that they didn’t really ultimately want to come here but but due to being short of offers and no longer being wanted by the ex clubs they came for the money and nothing else.

Now since Ole has came in we have still spent big but ultimately on a different kind of player. Young having a strong character/mentality that wants to fight build and grow together towards winning trophies.

I want Sancho but not if we're going to be stupid again with the wage structure, however from what I've read we're not going to break it again for one player. So as TOD says he'll be on around £250k which is still a lot but justified when Rashford is on similar. Plus we'll have him tied down for 5 years plus an extra year optional, so effectively until he's like 27.

To be honest I hope we're doing it like this but considering what happened with Sanchez I do wonder how far we'll go to get him here.

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach
#MUFC XI v LASK: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Bailly, Maguire, Williams, Fred, McTominay, Lingard, James, Mata, Ighalo

I want Sancho but not if we're going to be stupid again with the wage structure, however from what I've read we're not going to break it again for one player. So as TOD says he'll be on around £250k which is still a lot but justified when Rashford is on similar. Plus we'll have him tied down for 5 years plus an extra year optional, so effectively until he's like 27.

To be honest I hope we're doing it like this but considering what happened with Sanchez I do wonder how far we'll go to get him here.

Sanchez was essentially a free signing (albeit player swap). Usually, with signings where little to no transfer fee is involved, the player can demand for an inflated wage taking that into account. Ibrahimovic, for example, was on £400k a week or something. Sancho's currently earning around £170k a week at Dortmund. I'm sure he's going to get an increase from that.

Sanchez was essentially a free signing (albeit player swap). Usually, with signings where little to no transfer fee is involved, the player can demand for an inflated wage taking that into account. Ibrahimovic, for example, was on £400k a week or something. Sancho's currently earning around £170k a week at Dortmund. I'm sure he's going to get an increase from that.

Seemingly whether he stays or goes. There's a reported €4 million year extension from BVB waiting to be signed by all accounts if nobody matches the club's demands.

Given he's got such a great relationship there and would happily give them another year by all accounts, both he and Dortmund can't lose out here. Even given the Bundesliga isn't that high of a standard these days, I can't see their value depreciating over the next two windows when they could get an auction going.

Be a curious next 4 days if nothing else.

Yipeeee

Inter CEO Beppe Marotta to @SkYSpOrT: “We will sign Alexis Sanchez from Manchester United on a permanent deal. We’ll announce the deal tomorrow with an official statement”. ? #MUFC #Inter

It would be interesting to find out why Ole just doesn't like him, he hasn't been the worst signing to be fair.

Yeah especially when he gives Lingard endless chances, Solskjaer needs to be ruthless with players like him. How on earth he is still staying at United another season is beyond me....

It would be interesting to find out why Ole just doesn't like him, he hasn't been the worst signing to be fair.
Hes been absolutely dogshit defensively tbh every game he’s played. Most probably why. Add to that little injuries he keeps picking up. And Laird and Williams breaking through. And TFM can play there.

Hes been absolutely dogshit defensively tbh every game he’s played. Most probably why.
So has Lingard yet he still gets another chance . Come to thing about it Lingard is only probably getting chances as he came from the youth teams where as Dalot was bought...

So has Lingard yet he still gets another chance . Come to thing about it Lingard is only probably getting chances as he came from the youth teams where as Dalot was bought...
Lingard getting chances because it’s not much in quality in him Mata and Pareira after the first choice are out. Nothing to do with being an academy lad. Even then he’s hardly featured this season anyway. When Sancho signs he won’t even get as many games as he had this season if he’s still here that is.

#mufc are looking for a stronger and more physically imposing centre-back than Nathan Aké this summer, and one who is capable of dealing with counter-attacks and long balls almost single-handedly if full-backs are caught up the field #mulive [@TheAthleticUK]

Right choice by Ole if true!