The Manchester United Thread

The state of our attacking depth is sad to see. Mata really should be sold and Dan James is basically our Theo Walcott. Ighalo is a bit to limited for me.
Yeah not great. Mata is getting on but can still be useful in the cups and CL group stages just looks like a player that hasn’t played much since the lockdown started ( same for most players last night that started ).

Pereira simply isn’t good enough makes the easy things so hard it’s frustrating.

Lingard is definitely better than has shown over the last 12 months hopefully his personal life issues are beyond him and I would rather keep him for another year than Pereira for another year. Plus his pressing game is very good in certain games.

I like James and there’s definately more to come. He’s had a good first season imo and would of had a lot more assists if our STRs were in the form they are now. It looks like he’s just gassed out after a massive move and jump in class. And an emotional year with his farther passing and his Grandma being seriously not long after.

Chong has been slowly been showing improvements in his last few cameos. Hopefully the loan to Werder Bremen will materialise.

Need to get Sancho and a back up AM then the attack will be fine.

Just watching the match again. Feel for Ighalo he could of had 3/4 gls last night if the passing to him in the box was better and the crossing.

Just the reply to utds brief the night before. Means nothing. Talks still ongoing between both clubs using Lichtensteiner the agent as the 3rd party. Complete agreement with Sancho is done. Just a matter of time!

Dependent on who you believe, the above is right, or the clubs aren’t talking and nothing has been agreed with the player.

The only ‘factual’ thing appears to be BVB’s deadline and non-negotiable fee.

Dependent on who you believe, the above is right, or the clubs aren’t talking and nothing has been agreed with the player.

The only ‘factual’ thing appears to be BVB’s deadline and non-negotiable fee.
Yeah the fee we will have to meet no doubt that I do believe. Just how we structure it. Not sure on the deadline though.

Yeah the fee we will have to meet no doubt that I do believe. Just how we structure it. Not sure on the deadline though.

It'd be interesting to see what they'd do if their demands are met after the 10th when they'll already be in camp for the new season.

BVB just can't lose here. Absolutely no need to sell this summer so they can stick to a ridiculously OTT price with NO exceptions. Knowing full well that the great relationship they have with the player he'll happily stay another year, and extend, to give them more wiggle room the next few windows to potentially get an auction going if the financial situation eases in football.

Some of the absolutely laughable lines here about 'Utd won't be blackmailed' ..... ANY club that wants Sancho will do EXACTLY what BVB want this window as they hold EVERY card

As it happens, at this stage, after Utd's mad want to do things so publicly, I don't see how Woodward can't meet whatever demands they want on however high an initial fee without coming out of this with the preverbal egg all over his face and weakening the already weak position he has in major negotiations.

Just watching the match again. Feel for Ighalo he could of had 3/4 gls last night if the passing to him in the box was better and the crossing.

Henry's got an interesting take on the arl 'lack of service to striker' line generally.

Basically saying if you aren't getting it, go affect the game in other areas and make things happen for yourself being as the role of the CF has changed so dramatically over recent years with very few that are purely penalty box poachers today.

The more the role of the 9 evolves, the more that carries weight. Yeah, they still need good supply. That won't change. But don't come off the field narking about it if you haven't moved your **** around and tried to affect the game in other areas.

Henry's got an interesting take on the arl 'lack of service to striker' line generally.

Basically saying if you aren't getting it, go affect the game in other areas and make things happen for yourself being as the role of the CF has changed so dramatically over recent years with very few that are purely penalty box poachers today.

The more the role of the 9 evolves, the more that carries weight. Yeah, they still need good supply. That won't change. But don't come off the field narking about it if you haven't moved your **** around and tried to affect the game in other areas.
Same thing i hate in Leeds fan talk. The hate Bamford gets sometimes is crazy. But he is important part how the game plan is structured. I agree that forward should score considering the amount changes he gets, but sometimes bigger picture is needed to see and if striker can give more input to the game than only scoring he needs to be praised also.
It is so easy too take down GK and strikers as most just look at the most important stat and conclude from that.

Not to say i have been frustrated with Bamford but heck we still won the league. Think we would not done it if Nketiah would have been leading the line as so many wantes

I agree. But don’t think that applies to Ighalo as he’s generally pretty involved in good link up play. His hold up play is top and doesn’t mind tracking back and going into the channels. Unfortunately for him he’s starting with dross most times. And usually grabs his goals after the better players come on.

It'd be interesting to see what they'd do if their demands are met after the 10th when they'll already be in camp for the new season.

BVB just can't lose here. Absolutely no need to sell this summer so they can stick to a ridiculously OTT price with NO exceptions. Knowing full well that the great relationship they have with the player he'll happily stay another year, and extend, to give them more wiggle room the next few windows to potentially get an auction going if the financial situation eases in football.

Some of the absolutely laughable lines here about 'Utd won't be blackmailed' ..... ANY club that wants Sancho will do EXACTLY what BVB want this window as they hold EVERY card

As it happens, at this stage, after Utd's mad want to do things so publicly, I don't see how Woodward can't meet whatever demands they want on however high an initial fee without coming out of this with the preverbal egg all over his face and weakening the already weak position he has in major negotiations.
Yeah, I've never gotten the public way of carrying out transfers, tbh. It's crazy, and very honestly, I like the times under Fergie in how it was managed. There's also the public circus that has followed - agents/publications linking United to every single player on the planet, just to drive up the price. Something needs to be done around that.

Yeah, I've never gotten the public way of carrying out transfers, tbh. It's crazy, and very honestly, I like the times under Fergie in how it was managed. There's also the public circus that has followed - agents/publications linking United to every single player on the planet, just to drive up the price. Something needs to be done around that.
Unfortunately nothing can be done. If you are one of the biggest clubs and say you can pay anything for a player this media circle will not stop.

Unfortunately nothing can be done. If you are one of the biggest clubs and say you can pay anything for a player this media circle will not stop.
Yep exactly. Least Ed has stopped mouthing off now. Also the massive impact on social media etc is on another level to when Fergie was in charge.

Tbh I don't really care about the finer details I just want united to make sure they strengthen this window, not to do so would be criminal when we've seen progress this season and not back the manager.

Tbh I don't really care about the finer details I just want united to make sure they strengthen this window, not to do so would be criminal when we've seen progress this season and not back the manager.
3 is a must this window to continue Ole build. Plus shifting out more

Thing is, the club has never gone public with any potential signing since Fabregas back in the Moyes era (he naively announced our interest in him). It's all most chatter from agents linking us to any player possible. I even read some article from sky sports linking us to Kasper Schmeichel.

Thing is, the club has never gone public with any potential signing since Fabregas back in the Moyes era (he naively announced our interest in him). It's all most chatter from agents linking us to any player possible. I even read some article from sky sports linking us to Kasper Schmeichel.

So if they don't, why do we regularly read in here about mass briefings from Utd through the process of transfers like we have through this Sancho saga?

So if they don't, why do we regularly read in here about mass briefings from Utd through the process of transfers like we have through this Sancho saga?

The "Mass briefings" don't come directly from United, they come from agents/sports journalists. That honestly something no United fan can explain. Idk how the progress of some of these deals leak to the public.

"Paul is absolutely happy. He wants to stay. So soon they will talk with Mino Raiola to find a new contract. Because Paul wants to stay" @FabrizioRomano
Lol, this will be a combination of multiple things - us getting in a quality player in Fernandes to link-up with along with the inability of any club to probably afford Pogba/his wages in the current climate.

W/e, when he turns up, he is still completely in a class of his own, just frustrating that doesn't happen consistently enough. But yeah, that side also seems to have improved recently.