The Manchester United Thread

You want to know what's crazy? We conceded a similar type of goal vs Sevilla. It seems like this defence don't know how to defend low crosses. Shaw only started tracking back when it was too late, Lindelof was too passive on Shlupp and Maguire was too slow to cut out the cross (who am I kidding? ?)
Tbh Maguire was in a good position for the cut back low ball. The other 2 are totally to blame for the first goal and TFM for being caught up the pitch

1600642142363.png

Now I think we haven't quite touched on our issue involving Marcus Rashford. I'm scared to believe it and I've tried to convince myself otherwise but that double back fracture Rashford endured seems to have taken a massive toll on his game. He simply hasn't looked the same. His performing much lower than his xG suggests post lockdown and he doesn't take on players as much anymore.

I try to convince myself that it's just a bad patch like the early phase of last season but even then, he was always trying to make things happen. He'd run all day, take on players as much as possible even if he knew it'd lead to turnovers. Now, he doesn't try anymore. He'd just either stand up to his opposite number and then pass it to Luke Shaw. He'd take the very occasional shot that's either way off target or straight at the GK.

Someone tell me I'm overreacting...

Now I think we haven't quite touched on our issue involving Marcus Rashford. I'm scared to believe it and I've tried to convince myself otherwise but that double back fracture Rashford endured seems to have taken a massive toll on his game. He simply hasn't looked the same. His performing much lower than his xG suggests post lockdown and he doesn't take on players as much anymore.

I try to convince myself that it's just a bad patch like the early phase of last season but even then, he was always trying to make things happen. He'd run all day, take on players as much as possible even if he knew it'd lead to turnovers. Now, he doesn't try anymore. He'd just either stand up to his opposite number and then pass it to Luke Shaw. He'd take the very occasional shot that's either way off target or straight at the GK.

Someone tell me I'm overreacting...
Your definitely right mate. I’m not not getting worried about it just yet. Double back fracture is no joke. Then forced to come back play every game since returning the back end of last season to help get us top 4. Then only a few weeks break and back at it again. It’s a lot to take . But he’s not gonna get much time to rest from now till the end of the season either. Deffo one to watch though see if it drags on. Add to that he missed the Int break with a ankle injury.

If it’s back related that’d be devastating as once that goes .....

REALLY hope it’s not. Wouldn’t wish a back issue on anyone. Forget football. There’s the rest of his life here to consider if it is:

I really liked Rashfird as a player regardless. The exceptional human being that young man has shown himself to be has just increased that ten fold.

Pulling HARD for him.

If it’s back related that’d be devastating as once that goes .....

REALLY hope it’s not. Wouldn’t wish a back issue on anyone. Forget football. There’s the rest of his life here to consider if it is:

I really liked Rashfird as a player regardless. The exceptional human being that young man has shown himself to be has just increased that ten fold.

Pulling HARD for him.
Maybe if it all goes **** up he can run Borris Johnson for his job ?

Apparently United have done the LEAST amount of business in comparison to the whole league as things stand.... sigh. Says it all really.

I doubt we're that incompetent, if he's got back issues still no way he'd still be playing. For his own sake as much as anyone else. What do United get out of it? A crooked player in the long-term loses them more money.
Think there are counltes times when Ole rushed back with players?

Transfer wise there is time to go, so you never know panic buys can happen ;)

Think there are counltes times when Ole rushed back with players?

Transfer wise there is time to go, so you never know panic buys can happen ;)

It's not like they didn't have months and months during lockdown to prepare... this is why I don't buy the COVID line. Sure it has an impact, but the time was there then to discuss and plan your targets at least. Woodward used it as a way to butcher the Sancho deal though seemingly.

Telles, Upamacano, Sancho incoming. Lingard, Smalling, Rojo, Jones out. Statue for Woodward next to Fergie. You heard it hear first ????????????????????

Telles, Upamacano, Sancho incoming. Lingard, Smalling, Rojo, Jones out. Statue for Woodward next to Fergie. You heard it hear first ????????????????????

Reality: Telles and Josh King on deadline day. Smalling to Roma, Dan James to Leeds..... :(

I doubt we're that incompetent, if he's got back issues still no way he'd still be playing. For his own sake as much as anyone else. What do United get out of it? A crooked player in the long-term loses them more money.
Sorry but it wouldn't be the first time the club has forced a player back and the ruined the rest of their career, in the 70's, 80's and 90's you had the likes of Coppell, and Whiteside retire before they hit 30 due to injuries picked up at the club. Paul McGrath's knees were so bad that he didn't train then you have numerous promising youngsters who never even made the first team as they were pushed back into training after bad injuries. United aren't the only club to have done it, players are seen less as human beings more as commodities and until that changes there will always be players who suffer.

^^^^^ True dat.

But you would like to think as times moved on and the medical science has become paramount, coupled with the values of the players to club finances now, that those practices are becoming less and less.

Or maybe I'm still giving to much good faith to football clubs?

^^^^^ True dat.

But you would like to think as times moved on and the medical science has become paramount, coupled with the values of the players to club finances now, that those practices are becoming less and less.

Or maybe I'm still giving to much good faith to football clubs?
Times move on and money piles are getting bigger and bigger.

Reality: Telles and Josh King on deadline day. Smalling to Roma, Dan James to Leeds..... :(
Dan James won’t leave not a chance. Smalling and Lingard and will likely be stuck with Jones and Rojo ? If Ighalo goes in Jan then could see us going for King then as a cheap back up.

Dan James won’t leave not a chance. Smalling and Lingard and will likely be stuck with Jones and Rojo ? If Ighalo goes in Jan then could see us going for King then as a cheap back up.
Dont understand Jamse rumors also, but Phil our tier 1 is also reporting it. We have options in wings, so dont see reason for him. Rather have LB or CB + midfielder.