The Manchester United Thread

What you claim as fact I call absolute bunkum.

Utd haven’t been this poorly coached in living memory. If you honestly think the three names you mentioned would only get limited improvement out of the current squad as is, I honestly don’t know what would make the scales drop from your eyes on Solksjaer?
You can’t remember Moyes and Utd then ? I know you don’t rate Ole but this is just ???

The fact that you’re actually holding David Moyes Football GENIUS! up as someone he’s a better coach than (it’s debatable that he is), says it all.

As backhanded compliments go .....

The fact that you’re actually holding David Moyes Football GENIUS! up as someone he’s a better coach than (it’s debatable that he is), says it all.

As backhanded compliments go .....
What about LVG and Mourinho where they just rubbish coaches also? What about Ferguson in his later years when the football was going down hill fast as was the investment in the squad that needed a major rebuild despite winning the league. Mostly down to the rest being utter dross that season.

Im of no doubt that said 3 coaches would come in and show improvement. It still wouldn’t be sustainable or get us back anywhere near the top 2 with the current regime. And the rinse repeat cycle would continue.

And no matter how you rate him or call him. The fact is under the so called PE teacher we have had our 2 best and longest unbeaten runs in over a decade. Guess it was luck.

Last edited:
What about LVG and Mourinho where they just rubbish coaches also?

With LVG, I saw what he was trying to do. He had the side well drilled from GK all the way to midfield. We were a very compact unit. His major flaw was his rather very structured approach in the final third. Every top coach coaches structured patterns of attack while still allowing some degree of creativity. While others used these patterns as a platform, it was LVG's absolute guide (think back to the fact that he wanted every attacking player to take a touch before shooting). He completely negated creative instinctive play in the final third.

It still wouldn’t be sustainable or get us back anywhere near the top 2 with the current regime. And the rinse repeat cycle would continue.
Jose took to that place and I can think we can look back say it was ******* achievement.

And I still think that Ole has benefited from Coaching that Jose did to the players.

Jose took to that place and I can think we can look back say it was ******* achievement.

And I still think that Ole has benefited from Coaching that Jose did to the players.
God that almighty giving all Ole has done to Mourinho ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Jose had a typical Jose stinct at United lol. He was unlucky he came up against a brilliant city side in his second season, whom set such a standard, oherwise, he would've lifted the bpl. We earned 2 more points than our treble winning side

Jose had a typical Jose stinct at United lol. He was unlucky he came up against a brilliant city side in his second season, whom set such a standard, oherwise, he would've lifted the bpl. We earned 2 more points than our treble winning side

Whereas Ole took you to the exact same horrendous points total 2 years running. But lucky for Utd Leicester have schizophrenic Brendan Rodgers in charge who had a historical collapse from Boxing Day on, along with everyone else being utter *****, to get yers the CL place.

But yanno, the benchmark is now apparently longest unbeaten runs so Ole's at the MF Wheel!!!!! Or something.

Whereas Ole took you to the exact same horrendous points total 2 years running. But lucky for Utd Leicester have schizophrenic Brendan Rodgers in charge who had a historical collapse from Boxing Day on, along with everyone else being utter *****, to get yers the CL place.

But yanno, the benchmark is now apparently longest unbeaten runs so Ole's at the MF Wheel!!!!! Or something.

OGS is a purple patch manager. Nothing more, nothing less. It won't surprise me if we go on a lengthy unbeaten run later this season. The question now is will other teams be as generous to drop points ala Leicester?

FB_IMG_1602369477773.jpg

Yeah sounds like bollocks made up by the Mirror. The Athletic released a piece similar before this was released but was absolutely nothing like this over sationalised nonsense. Mirror being the mirror going way over the top to get clicks after basically stealing someone else’s article.

Last edited:

The Athletic UK

@TheAthleticUK

▪️

Dressing room rows at HT

Players thought Lamela a ‘disgrace’

▪️

Some felt ‘opportunity lost’ in transfer window

▪️

#MUFC's board behind Solskjaer despite Pochettino links

▪️

Feeling Maguire yet to fully deal with fallout of summer arrest

@lauriewhitwell @AdamCrafton_

Leading European agent: "The problem of #mufc is they do not have a clear sport strategy. When you talk to United, you are not talking to football people. This is a pity because they are such a big club, such a historical club." #mulive [@TheAthleticUK]

Bruno Fernandes was particularly vocal at half-time against Tottenham, as were a lot of the players but non more so than Ole himself. His substitution was purely tactical #mulive [@TheAthleticUK]

#mufc’s board are unequivocally behind Solskjær. The players remain in support.#mulive [@TheAthleticUK]

From The Athletic, David Ornstein
Disgrace.... So you found exuses for Smalling not going for Roma lowballing, but this move should have happened. Or just so afraid of Everton to be huge rival.

Everton matched Romero’s wages but the goalkeeper remains in limbo at Manchester United

Sergio Romero’s frustration on deadline day was triggered when Manchester United turned down Everton’s loan proposal, which included a £2 million fee and the coverage of his entire salary.

The 33-year-old goalkeeper has one year left on his £100,000-per-week wages at Old Trafford but United are holding out for a transfer fee of at least £8 million even though Romero is srplus to requirements, reports my colleague Laurie Whitwell.

Romero’s annoyance was underlined when he was omitted from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Champions League squad last week and The Athletic understands the decision was not communicated to the goalkeeper in advance. Lee Grant was included as United’s third choice for the position.

The circumstances around Romero have been fractious since Solskjaer selected David de Gea for the FA Cup and Europa League semi-finals and were compounded when the club neglected to tell the Argentina international that Dean Henderson was returning from his loan spell at Sheffield United to compete for the No 1 spot.

Romero, who has been training away from Carrington, understands Solskjaer’s decision but feels he should be allowed to leave to play more regularly having served United well since signing on a free transfer in 2015.

An indication of Romero’s state of mind could be found in his wife’s Instagram post on deadline day, which read: “Sergio Romero worked hard for his club. Last trophy they won, they lifted with him. He helped the team reach 4 finals/semi-finals and then he was left on the bench only to lose them all. It is time for them to return the opportunity and let him go. RESPECT FOR ONE!!!!”

Romero is understood to believe Everton’s bid was fair and appealing as a chance to challenge their No 1 Jordan Pickford. Instead, Everton signed Robin Olsen on loan from Roma on deadline day and there are suspicions United were reluctant to strengthen a side who have started the Premier League season with four wins from four.

Romero could yet move to MLS, with the transfer window in the US not closing until October 29 and a number of clubs understood to be interested.

A loan is no good for Romero at this stage in his career especially when you consider that he would have been in a similar position (all be it with a slightly better chance of getting more football than he has had) if he had gone to Everton. He is contracted to United so ultimately they have the final say on what happens. As for his missus getting involved that is totally irrelevant no club panders to the demands of a players partner.

I do think OGS mismanaged the Romero situation tbh. He's been our dedicated cup GK since the LVG era. I think it was the wrong call to pick DDG over him in both semi finals (one of which DDG lost us single handedly). It's unfair to him given he's been solid anytime he's been called upon.

With the Romero situation, along with his comments on fringe players, I'm afraid OGS is just as good as Jose Mourinho in the man management category ??‍♂️