The Manchester United Thread

I’m not Poch biggest fan. But it’s sad when we all know he would come in get a new coach bounce get backed for one window. Get CL followed by not being back then getting the sack a few months later ?

He's a far better coach than just someone who gets's a 'bounce' reaction mate. What he did at Tottenham on a minimal spend testifies to that. He'd doubtless get Utd to a consistent CL level which isn't the case right now. I might be wrong, but I'd be really surprised if he's not headed to City. He's far more out of the Guardiola mode to make that transition possible without a major playing personnel change whilst the Gladbach and Leipzig guys are way more out of Klopp's.

But yeah, the problem comes taking that on further under the current structure. Nobody is going to do that. And nobody better than Pocchetino is taking it on whilst the club is as messed up as it is.

It's just a perpetual cycle of going nowhere but I doubt he'd get binned quickly as the owners are only interested in the CL money lining their pockets.

NO coach is working under the Glaziers/ Woodward amateur hour structure mate. They are what they are and are disappearing into the same obscurity we did, in reality, the majority of the past 30-years.

But he's as good as they could possibly turn to before City swoop to at least give them exciting football to watch and make the most out of what they have.
If I was United I'd get Nagelsmann he js the next one up. Then again like you said with the amateurs above any coach that comes to united nothing will change.

If I was United I'd get Nagelsmann he js the next one up. .....

Or more so the Gladbach coach who's as much a mirror image of Kloppo as anything coming out of Germany. They really are producing some top-notch young, coaching talent right now.

That cycle has come around again in Germany with a vengeance. Although it does all beg the question as to just how that humongous fraud Tuchel keeps blagging it like?

Or more so the Gladbach coach who's as much a mirror image of Kloppo as anything coming out of Germany. They really are producing some top-notch young, coaching talent right now.

That cycle has come around again in Germany with a vengeance. Although it does all beg the question as to just how that humongous fraud Tuchel keeps blagging it like?
Hahaha, why do you hate Tuchel with a vengeance?

But regarding Nagelsmann or Rose, I believe atleast one of them will end up at Bayern after Flick (how soon depends on how this season goes for them). Ideally, Nagelsmann/Rose with Rangnick as DoF would be a dream combination, but sadly, that will never happen.

I really would like Poch though, remains to be seen.

He's an arrogant snake oil salesman who has this convoluted opinion of himself that he's better than he ever was.

Somehow managed to take Klopps Dortmund down a level stylistically messing around with a system that worked perfectly. Whilst having an absolutely atrocious defeat to Klopp's L'pool 3-1 up at Anfield the second leg with three away goals to L'pool's 1. (4-2 on Agg.) He someone managed to lose that advantage with 20 mins to go. The fella is tactically inept.

Then somehow he gets the Paris gig. Where you'd have to be completely simple to not walk the French League. Whilst going on to take them to some EPIC failures in the CL. Which FAR better managers have been binned for.

He hasn't succeeded when he's been handed a seamless succession on a plate. Or when he's had a whole State backing him financially. Christ knows how much worse he'd be if he had to actually coach/ build a side!

I'm at a complete loss as to how he's getting big gigs as a coach. I reckon he's got the same stash of compromising photies on big club owners as Choupo-Moting! I honestly don't know how else to explain it!

I can see why some people could get easily there knickers in a twist with what he said. But players say stuff like that all the time. It’s like when fans get upset about shirt numbers lol. That’s the good thing we actually don’t rely on him anymore. Bruno has taken the creative burden off him and VdB could easily come in and replace him now.
When and how he said it is the problem here.

He's a far better coach than just someone who gets's a 'bounce' reaction mate. What he did at Tottenham on a minimal spend testifies to that. He'd doubtless get Utd to a consistent CL level which isn't the case right now. I might be wrong, but I'd be really surprised if he's not headed to City. He's far more out of the Guardiola mode to make that transition possible without a major playing personnel change whilst the Gladbach and Leipzig guys are way more out of Klopp's.

But yeah, the problem comes taking that on further under the current structure. Nobody is going to do that. And nobody better than Pocchetino is taking it on whilst the club is as messed up as it is.

It's just a perpetual cycle of going nowhere but I doubt he'd get binned quickly as the owners are only interested in the CL money lining their pockets.
Sorry I just don’t see the hype with Poch. I’m not saying he’s a good manager. Just not as good as some make out yes his spend was fairly low but his business was also shrewd. And he had a very very good team imo in which in some cases he under achieved.

As Poch is one of favorite managers I hope you wont take him and harrashim until his hair is also grey.... But think he would suit even to work with shambles board like you. He has the experienve with Levy and doing best with what he has. Some issue coul come about how the players would recieve his training as Spurs players where not very welcoming at first. But definetly he could bring another level to united team that players would benefit a lot.

Sorry I just don’t see the hype with Poch. I’m not saying he’s a good manager. Just not as good as some make out yes his spend was fairly low but his business was also shrewd. And he had a very very good team imo in which in some cases he under achieved.

Most of those players are that good because he coach them into it, dont forget all players that have had success from his Southampton days. How you can say that he under achieved I dont really understand.
His biggest issue was being too loyal to his players and not selling them when their prices where high but their ability would not push the team futher.

This probably isn't factual but he'd have a point if it was ..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1602248932454.png

Oh defo. No argument there.

As stupendous as 'Spurs getting to Madrid and a first EC final, whilst mirroring it up with a CL season through the league, was coming off the back of that mad window when they never spent a penny; conversely, somehow managing to finish third in a one-horse race the season Leicester won the league was shambolic.

Tottenham will NEVER have a better chance to win the league than that season. Most every other big side effectively took that season off and they still somehow contrived to lose the league to Leicester F City. Which, with absolutely no disrespect to Leicester's miraculous achievements that season, should NEVER have happened. And his attitude toward the domestic cups/ latter rounds of the Europa League was bizarre at times given they had super chances to add trophies there most of his seasons.

Exclusive @TheAthleticUK: Sources familiar say #mufc exec vice-chairman Ed Woodward spoke forcefully in PL meeting against £14.95 charge for non-scheduled TV picks. He then proposed free access for season ticket holders but couldn't convince rivals

He maybe incompetent when it comes to footballing decisions but we can all agree he's a decent human being. Absolute rip off that.

To all the ignorant numpties making throwaway comments about Cavani just being a mercenary:

At the 2010 World Cup, a few hours after that infamous game with Ghana, Uruguay's vice-Captain Sebastián Eguren suggested they should do something to celebrate their success, be thankful for it and "pay it forward" to future generations so they could get the support they had lacked on their way there. He suggested half their prize money went towards creating a foundation (Fundacion Celeste, i.e. lightblue foundation) that provided better training facilities for the NT youth teams. Everyone agreed. At the time Cavani was still at Palermo, Suarez was at Ajax, Godín at Villarreal and Lugano at Fenerbahce. The only one you could say was comfortable/minted was Forlan.

Since then, every time there's an international tournament they have repeated the exercise. Furthermore, the key NT players (largely those mentioned above) get image rights money for making all sorts of appearances and sponsorship photoshoots, that also gets donated. In 2017 when the local equivalent of the Championship couldn't start due to indebted clubs and players not being paid, each and every registered player got $1700 from this image rights fund. Over here that is two months' wages for a Championship player.

The foundation hasn't only funded a training complex but also has three other programmes:

1. Players didn't always make so much money and are also notorious for not being very good at managing it or getting duped out of it by hangers on. The foundation funds a home and stipend for past NT players that have fallen into hardship.

2. If the youth teams needed help, what do you leave for amateur sports? Those representing our colours internationally get support from the foundation.

3. There's an organised "baby football" league were kids cut their teeth before getting to an age when clubs have their own setups. They have a programme whereby after each game if a team has followed three rules: 1. Parents behaved, 2. Kids were supportive of each other, 3. The coach has played all players and left no unused subs, they get a "light blue card" and at the end of the season those with the most cards get full kits, balls and whatnot.

Sure, I hear you, they make so much money they can afford to (even if they don't need to). But then, there's also the way they are actively invested in the youth setup and their fortunes. Whenever there's a Youth World Cup, they watch the games, they call them throughout the tournament to express their support, cheer them on, pick them up when things don't go well, and often have one to ones with specific players to share tips and give them feedback.

In the 00s decade, when the likes of Cavani were the kids we rarely qualified at any age group and the best we got was a second round exit. In the last decade we featured in most of the U17 and U20 WCs and were losing finalists twice and semifinalists once. Not bad for a puny little country with 3M people in it.

Mercenary my ***

United vs Newcastle the first ppv game as well!

Not on my ******* tv it ain’t ?
I pay 6 euros a month. I see most pl games as they are not on the same time so they can show most. + Cl/El footy + other sport stuff that are shown on the channel.
(Ps. This is additional to basic tv subscription as you cant have it without unfortunately so total is something around 12-15€ dont remember from the spot)

Really feel bad for you, disgrace what they do.

I pay 6 euros a month. I see most pl games as they are not on the same time so they can show most. + Cl/El footy + other sport stuff that are shown on the channel.
(Ps. This is additional to basic tv subscription as you cant have it without unfortunately so total is something around 12-15€ dont remember from the spot)

Really feel bad for you, disgrace what they do.
I use to pay 98£ for sky, 36£ for BT, then 6£ for mutv I thought that was ****** bad enough without this ****. Best thing I ever did was cancel the lot. Oh and don’t forget my ****** tv license on top of that ??