The Manchester United Thread

..... With the Romero situation, along with his comments on fringe players, I'm afraid OGS is just as good as Jose Mourinho in the man management category ??‍♂️

When you look around the league, it all just makes you even more grateful that we have such a genuine, people first fella' in charge of ourselves.

Forget him happening to be the very best in his chosen profession, I swear down he could be the best at anything when it comes to interacting and understanding people, If Klopp was a Premier/ President, he'd be one of the most loved in any Country's history.

I do think OGS mismanaged the Romero situation tbh. He's been our dedicated cup GK since the LVG era. I think it was the wrong call to pick DDG over him in both semi finals (one of which DDG lost us single handedly). It's unfair to him given he's been solid anytime he's been called upon.

With the Romero situation, along with his comments on fringe players, I'm afraid OGS is just as good as Jose Mourinho in the man management category ??‍♂️
In that respect he has been mismanaged even Jose kept Romero as the GK for the Europa League Final (although he did drop him for the EFL Cup Final in the same season). However, as said the club is within it's rights to turn down a loan/transfer bid if they feel it doesn't benefit them or the player. This whole affair may turn out in Romero's favour if the rumoured interest from the US turns out to be true.

Did not Chelsea let Cech leave easily to Arsenal so he could stay in London and play first team footy.

I do think OGS mismanaged the Romero situation tbh. He's been our dedicated cup GK since the LVG era. I think it was the wrong call to pick DDG over him in both semi finals (one of which DDG lost us single handedly). It's unfair to him given he's been solid anytime he's been called upon.

With the Romero situation, along with his comments on fringe players, I'm afraid OGS is just as good as Jose Mourinho in the man management category ??‍♂️
At this point you're gonna blame OGS for everything wrong in the world.

Fernandes positive with Covid along with Ronaldo for the Portuguese players ??‍♂️

Wasn't it just speculation?

I see Scholes has said exactly what I said months ago about us needing a proper striker. I said we only had glorified wingers (Martial) and was laughed at again. Its fairly obvious when you look at the players and style of play. Our style of play is restricted to the type of player we have. We cant go down the wings and cross the ball because we dont have they physical player in the box. We dont have an instinctive out and out striker. If our coaching staff had a clue what they was doing we would have had Lukaku sorted and banging in the goals like he has done at every club hes played for. We need a proper striker asap. I don't think Cavani is the answer either but we seriosuly need a PROPER striker.

[
I see Scholes has said exactly what I said months ago about us needing a proper striker. I said we only had glorified wingers (Martial) and was laughed at again. Its fairly obvious when you look at the players and style of play. Our style of play is restricted to the type of player we have. We cant go down the wings and cross the ball because we dont have they physical player in the box. We dont have an instinctive out and out striker. If our coaching staff had a clue what they was doing we would have had Lukaku sorted and banging in the goals like he has done at every club hes played for. We need a proper striker asap. I don't think Cavani is the answer either but we seriosuly need a PROPER striker.

While Martial isn't an out and out striker, he can be molded into one.

Utd need to give Maguire some time off. Whether it's the court case or whatever that's praying on his mind right now, it's not football. His head is completely kettled.

Never rated him as an 80 million pound defender but he was decent at least. For the past few weeks, he's looked like a lost championship level defender at best.

I don't know. Our entire defence needs time off. Maguire still has Mykonos on his head, Lindelof is making a lot more mistakes than usual, Bailly has radical games and AwB needs to evolve his game, as players are doubling on him now (too which he has less answers and his positioning doesn't help). Shaw is okay-ish, as is de Gea.

Defensive organisation has gone to ****, and that becomes the coaches' prerogative to drill that back. It won't be as easy as giving Maguire some time off - someone needs to put some confidence and motivation back into the players - remains to be seen when that happens.

Hopefully the club stick by him but also take the decision out of his hands and give him a break. Carries on like this will be in a straight jacket soon. Head is mush atm!

It’s horrible to see anyone going through that.It’s like someone having a very public breakdown and unravelling. When things get that bad it stops being funny and you start really feeling for the guy.

I normally swerve England like the plague but I watched the first-half last night curious on the Leeds lad who’s been raved about on here. (Side note- Southgate is England’s Solksjaer/ Lampard etc. They are going absolutely nowhere with someone as clueless as that. Completely stealing a living off a World Cup where they played no big Nation.). And it was painfully obvious Maguires head is anywhere but on his football right now. And when it’s like that, it’s just going to get worse and worse.

Leaving him out there, which is probably what both England and Utd will do, and he’ll doubtless insist he wants to do, is the totally wrong thing for the fella who’s suffering bad. The arl absolute B/S, stuck in the past English ‘Suck it up and deal!’ bulldog spirit garbage is just that. Absolute B/S!!!!!

You feel for anyone when it gets as bad as this mentally suffering on such a public stage.